What I Learned Today

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by AuburnTeach, May 19, 2006.

1. AuburnTeach

AuburnTeach Companion

May 19, 2006

Life's full of little lessons, and I think as educators we certainly learn our fair share, and that it'd be fun to share what we learned.

So...here's what I learned today:

I need to always look at my feet before I walk out the door on my way to work.

I had two pairs of shoes side by side in the sunroom...one pair of white canvas slip-on shoes (no backs)...and one pair of black slip on loafers.

I slipped on my loafers this morning; when I got out of the car at work, I met one of the other first grade teachers in the parking lot. She looked at me and asked if it was clash day in my room. I looked at her quizzically and asked, "No...why do you ask?" When she stopped laughing, she told me to look at my feet. You guessed it...one white shoe, and one black shoe. :eek:

So...what did you learn today????

3. MrsMikesell

MrsMikesell Cohort

May 19, 2006

I did that too just this week! I have about 10 pairs of sandals that are the same style, just different colors. I came with one blue and one black.

Kelly :)

4. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 19, 2006

YOu were just being creative ....:cool:

5. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

May 19, 2006

Not today but I learned to watch what I say because you never know who knows the person you are talking about. It is a small world.

6. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

May 19, 2006

I learned that I have been washing my hair with "conditioner" all week. Always read the label with your glasses on .

7. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

May 19, 2006

:p That's hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet you just thought it was "low foaming" shampoo!!!!!!!!!!

8. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

May 19, 2006

And my hair looked great all week!

9. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

May 19, 2006

hey, maybe you're on to something, Grammy! :)

10. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

May 19, 2006

Once I washed my hair for days with body wash from Bath and Body Works and never realized it and my hair was shiny and so soft.

11. diro.pams

diro.pams Companion

May 24, 2006

My lesson of the day:
    Stay in the bathroom until the toilet has finished the flushing and refilling. I came in 45 mins. later and the top tank had been overflowing the whole time. I think we'll have to replace the carpet thru the bathroom and our entire bedroom!!!! :eek:

12. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

May 30, 2006

I learned that technology is not all it's cracked up to be. I have been working on my inventory of classroom novels typing them into a spreadsheet. When I tried to save back into the file on the disk where it was originally saved, the computer said access denied. Filed as "read only". so I tried to unlock the disk following the computer's instructions and again access denied! AAAHHHH!!!!

13. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

May 30, 2006

This is my biggest fear!

14. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

May 30, 2006

I put sour cream instead of cream cheese on a bagel and didn't really realize why it tasted so different until I was almost finished and going to put on more "cream cheese".

Lesson learned? Read! Read! Read! or don't buy low fat cream cheese. I expected it to taste different than regular cream cheese ... or make sure that my cream cheese and sour cream containers are different colors.

15. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

May 30, 2006

Lesson learned-Children grow up to quickly. Tonight I went to a graduation from one of the high schools my son attends (he actually attends 2 high schools). Cherish each moment you have when they are little because before you can blink an eye the are grown up.

16. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

May 30, 2006

What I learned today: the big, giant ants on the floor are FAR more interesting than anything else going on in the room.

I also learned: nothing beats a squirt bottle with water in it when your room is insane and kids (and adults) are all lethargic.

17. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

May 31, 2006

This morning I learned where the mysterious white drips were coming from on the kitchen floor. A bottle of whipped cream had lost all it "funny gas" and the the cream was oooozing out and running onto the floor!

18. MorahMe

MorahMe Habitué

May 31, 2006

That working with a teacher who loves you is the best thing in the world! One of the other teacher's in my room gave me a gorgeous plant today as a thank you!

19. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 31, 2006

That is a great thing NMK... now take good care of that plant:)

20. MorahMe

MorahMe Habitué

May 31, 2006

She says it doesn't need water very often, which does help! I think it's bamboo. Now if only I could figure out where to keep it...

21. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 31, 2006

Those are great.... and they symbolize good luck I think. They get to be very tall.

22. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jun 2, 2006

I learned not to click the computer mouse too quickly because you wont end up where you thought you would! I was aiming for the Connect the Song game!