What happens when you meet with the superintendent?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by kit_kate27, May 31, 2013.

1. kit_kate27

kit_kate27 Rookie

May 31, 2013

Hi all, I've posted about this particular topic before so sorry if this is repetitive! I interviewed a few weeks ago for a school and was (kind of) offered the position. They called my references today and on Monday I'm meeting with the assistant superintendent, and will be approved by the board next week. My question is, what happens in the superintendent meeting? Will I have to prepare like I did for the initial interview or is it going to be more contract negotiations, etc.?
    Thanks!

3. SCTeacher23

SCTeacher23 Comrade

May 31, 2013

I'm sure it depends on the district, but for my position, I was verbally offered the position and the following week met with the Assistant Superintendent. It wasn't an interview - I just met with her, she welcomed me to the district, reviewed salary/sick days/personal days etc, and I filled out paperwork and reviewed my exact start date and where to report. I'm guessing it is like this in most districts, but I don't know for sure since this is only my second year teaching.

4. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

May 31, 2013

I had to interview with superintendents several times. However, if they have you pending board approval, it is probably more of what SCTeacher described.

5. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

May 31, 2013

If you are already pending board approval, I agree with the others that it's probably more of a formality where you will be asked a few questions and then you'll learn about benefits, salary, etc. That's how my interview with the Superintendent was years ago. Fingers crossed!!!

6. Ms.SLS

Ms.SLS Cohort

Jun 1, 2013

I JUST had an "interview" with the super after a panel interview with admin. He asked interview type questions, said I had a 4/5 chance of getting the position, and that the P would have the final say.

It seemed more like a formality, unless I was a total nutcase - kind of like getting a second opinion.