What grades can play Four Corners, etc?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Mrs_B, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Mrs_B

Mrs_B Comrade

Dec 14, 2006

When I sub, if the class has been good, I usually let them play Four Corners or Heads Up 7 Up. I have only subbed 3rd and up so I was wondering about the younger grades. What grades would you say can handles these games? Do you know an alternative for the younger ones? TIA

3. Musicalgator

Musicalgator Companion

Dec 15, 2006

I play 4 corners with my 1st graders as part of morning meeting. We have about 6 games to choose from but this is by far their favorite. I think they could also handle 7up. You have to really explain the rules and model what you mean and watch them closely b/c they like to argue sometimes. The LOVE it.

4. Cateacher2b

Cateacher2b Companion

Dec 15, 2006

At our school

all the grades play Four Corners--even JR High likes it! However, the different grades can't play it together. So lower elementary (k-2) can play together and upper elementary (3-5) plays together. Since JHSH are out at different times, they play FOur Corners with each other.

TEri

5. kem

kem Companion

Dec 15, 2006

I remember playing a game 4 corners in elementary school, but can't reme,ner what it is?? Anyway, my first grade class LOVES playing heads up 7 Up, but we have to do a ton of modeling and explaining every time we play. It's actually pretty funny : )

6. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Dec 15, 2006

Last year all the grades k to 3rd played four squares. They also can all play 7up.

This year my students play during morning meeting: Pebble Pebble,
    Packing a Suit case (their favorite), Just like me, A warm wind blows, Zip Zap, Sitting in the Grass, Humpty Dump (they don't like this one much), Tricky Tricky Bear, Earth Air Water Fire,
    During morning meeting all students are here so I have kindergarten to 8th graders in my meeting.