What gradebook type software would you recommend?

Discussion in 'High School' started by onestepcloser, Sep 7, 2011.

1. onestepcloser

onestepcloser Companion

Sep 7, 2011

For those who use a gradebook type software, what would you recommend? Aside from Markbook... Thank you :)

3. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Sep 7, 2011

We use Infinite Campus ... it does everything under the sun. It even emails parents automatically if an assignment is entered as failing or late.

4. HistTchr

HistTchr Habitué

Sep 8, 2011

I used to use Gradekeeper before our school provided us with a gradebook program (first Integrade Pro, now PowerSchool). Several teachers at my school liked Gradekeeper, and I know it's still around.

5. lowes48

lowes48 Companion

Sep 9, 2011

Gradekeeper is great! My school have it install on every computer. You can try it free for 30 days, just download it and try it.

6. math_teacher

math_teacher Companion

Nov 1, 2011

I know this post is really late --- BUT - our school adopted "Genesis" a couple years ago. It is a web based gradebook program so you can access it at home and at school. It also has a parent access component that a school can choose to turn on or not.

The part I like most about this program is that when they originally began programming it - they did so in direct collaboration with teachers. I notice that it is more intuitive than other gradebook programs I've used.

Also -- the company is really receptive to modifications suggested by users to make it work better. I have made a couple suggestions and each was received and implemented. That is a major bonus to me!

If you can get your school to subscribe to this software - you will not regret it!

7. elateacher4life

elateacher4life Cohort

Jan 7, 2012

I like Easy Grade Pro.

8. jim93726

jim93726 New Member

Jul 24, 2014

I like Academy-Connect. it's easy and it's free.