What does this school think of me?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Futureteacher08, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Futureteacher08

Futureteacher08 Rookie

Mar 15, 2015

Hi! So last Monday I had a mock interview with a school that I would potentially work for, and I meet with one principal of the school districts and she told me I did a phenomenal job, and took my resume and cover letter and such. I then had the opportunity to meet with another principal in the school district and he told me I had quite a few of the qualities the district was looking for, he told me he was going to look me up on the online job application. Well, the same night I sent both of these interviewers a thank you for the mock interview email and asking for a real interview. I also was meeting with the superintendent of the schools Wednesday, and he told me he was going to pass on my materials to all the principals and even though they had been conducting interviews already, they hadn't filled any positions.

Well, I was getting curious because I hadn't had any reply from the schools since Monday, but I finally got an email from the female principal I did a mock interview with. She told me it was a pleasure speaking with me. She said they had filled several positions, but would keep me in mind for current and future positions. She also told me that she could tell my passion for teaching during the interview. Then, she wished me the best of luck in my job search.

Am I reading too much into this by thinking they don't think I'm qualified enough? or do you think there still could be a chance they would interview me.

3. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Mar 15, 2015

Isn't there already a thread on this?

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 15, 2015

Might be the same circumstance the OP described in his/her 'Feeling Discouraged' and 'Job Interview' threads...If so, maybe all the threads could be combined?