What does this email mean?!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by newteacher14, Jul 7, 2015.

1. newteacher14

newteacher14 Rookie

Jul 7, 2015

I had an interview almost 2 weeks ago and hadn't heard back yet so I emailed to follow up. The response I got said...

"We are working toward providing candidates feedback based on the need of the district. As soon as we have information that can be shared, we will reach out to you."

Any ideas what this could mean?!

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jul 7, 2015

It means they might be considering you...or they may not be considering you.

They could also be waiting on budgets before hiring people.

Either way, the positive thing is that it is not a definite "no".

4. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jul 7, 2015

Not a yes, but not a no.

5. newteacher14

newteacher14 Rookie

Jul 8, 2015

Ahh thank you... I'm getting so nervous

6. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 8, 2015

I agree that they are waiting to see how candidates "fit" the needs of the district before they tell you whether they can place you in a school or not. Is this a large district? When you interviewed, was it for a particular position or just to see if you could be considered as a teacher in their district? Either way, it's a good sign that they didn't say no. Best to you!

7. Stlteach89

Stlteach89 Rookie

Jul 9, 2015

I interviewed at a school I worked at last year for a few of the open teaching positions that were available for the upcoming scool year. I was told that I was recommended for hire the same day I interviewed but I know they were still interviewing 2 weeks later to fill the other openings because they weren't sure of my specific grade level at the time. Like the others said, the school may just be interviewing still to ensure they find the best fit. Unfortunately for you, that means the dreaded waiting game. Since you followed up already, waiting is all you can really do now. Good luck!

8. newteacher14

newteacher14 Rookie

Jul 9, 2015

It is a large district and it was a first interview. I'm just waiting to hear if I get a second interview with a specific school/principal. Thanks everyone for your input! I felt like I did well in the first interview, I'm just starting to get impatient :dizzy:

9. Banana0

Banana0 Rookie

Jul 9, 2015

It sounds like they're waiting on enrollment numbers and funding to determine exactly how many teachers they need. My guess would be that you haven't been disqualified, but they're not interviewing further until they have more exact numbers so you haven't exactly moved to the next round yet either. Waiting after interviews is hard. I'd recommend continuing to apply and interview!

10. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jul 9, 2015

It sounds like a don't call us, we'll call you. Or probably, to everyone who is calling every day for information, STOP calling us, we'll call you.

Not in a bad way necessarily, just that they don't know what they will be doing yet.

11. newteacher14

newteacher14 Rookie

Jul 9, 2015

Thanks everyone! I definitely don't want to be annoying, it's just hard to wait. It is a pretty big district so I'm sure the HR people are very busy this time of year.