What Does "Soon" Mean?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by wanting2teach, Jun 4, 2012.

1. wanting2teach

wanting2teach Rookie

Jun 4, 2012

After an interview (which I don't think I aced), the P said that if they decided to hire me, I would hear from them "soon," but if they didn't decide to hire me, I would hear from them a bit later.

In your opinion, what does "soon" mean? I'm thinking 2-3 business days, but really have no idea.

3. ravinraven

ravinraven Companion

Jun 4, 2012

"Soon" could be any time within a week or so, I'd say. Longer than that, I'd do a call or e-mail to follow up. If they don't decide to hire you, you'll likely never hear anything back unless you contact them. Principals and admin are notorious for forgetting about people they don't select.

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 4, 2012

I would think that it would be in about a week, maybe two with it being the end of the year.

5. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jun 4, 2012

"Soon" at my last interview was two-and-a-half weeks.

6. FourSquare

FourSquare Fanatic

Jun 4, 2012

Uh, I am still waiting on "soon" and my first interview was 3 weeks ago. Shortly after that I had a demo lesson, then the principal called my references last week. She emailed me on Friday to let me know I'd be hearing from her "soon" regarding the next steps. :dizzy:

So who knows!

7. zurc

zurc Rookie

Jun 5, 2012

We're on the same boat! I've been wondering what the word soon means. I even looked it up in the dictionary. lol I'd say if you haven't heard from them in a week, go ahead and follow up!

8. nyteacher29

nyteacher29 Comrade

Jun 5, 2012

Seems like a lot of us are in the same boat! I had an interview last Wed which went really well and the PA told me hed call me sometime next week (Ive been going crazy and it's only Tuesday!) I feel like if i got the job he would have called already. Did you send a thank you note? I sent one the next day and hope that would serve as a "reminder" not to forget me! Good luck!