What do you wear to work?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by bewlove, Jun 28, 2014.

1. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Jun 28, 2014

ohhh..LOL sorry:)

2. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jun 28, 2014

That's OK :)

I wish it were me. Overweight, brunette with glasses. Pretty much the complete opposite!

3. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Jun 28, 2014

Ohhh STOP!

4. bewlove

bewlove Companion

Jun 28, 2014

Haha you are cracking me up!

I feel like I'm pretty consistently dressed like the girl in the pinterest picture. I try to look nice, although some days I do wish I was just in a warm sweatshirt!

5. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jun 29, 2014

No khakis. I have a nice pair of linen dress pants, though.

I wear dress pants, nice tops, cardigans, dresses, skirts. We can wear sandals if they aren't "beachy."

6. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Jun 29, 2014

I wear dress pants and a nice top most of the time. I tend to get on the floor a lot with my 3rd graders so a skirt just isn't practical. I wear comfortable and supportive flats or sneakers, depending on the day (if I'm doing a messy lab I wear sneakers).

We do have a dress code set up in our faculty handbook, but it's not really followed (it even says that women must wear pantyhose when wearing a dress- no bare legs). The men usually wear a shirt (either long-sleeve or short) with a tie and dress pants, dress shoes. Women range in their styles at my school.

7. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Groupie

Jun 29, 2014

This is what I see at my school....

Male teachers (who coach): Polo with school emblem or dress shirt, khaki or dress pants, AND wind-breaker

Male teachers (who don't coach): Dress shirt, dress pants, dress shoes OR polo, jeans, sneakers...

Female teachers (younger): primarily comfy and flowy dresses and flats OR t-shirt and jeans with heeled shoes

Female teachers (older): Blouse, sweater, dress pants, flats OR school t-shirt, jeans, sneakers....

AP (female) - blouse, dress pants, shiny shoes....... when she wears a nice dress and high heels, expect outsiders walking around the school. :lol:

P (male) - dress shirt, tie, dress pants, dressy shoes (even on Fridays)

8. Jerseygirlteach

Jerseygirlteach Groupie

Jun 29, 2014

I am required to dress business casual so it's usually a nice shirt or sweater with a skirt or dress pants. I can't handle high heels all day usually so it's usually ballerina flats or other low-heeled shoes for me. We have school spirit day once a month wear we can wear school colors and jeans. We also have the occasional jeans day fundraiser and contribute $5 to some cause in exchange for wearing jeans that day.

9. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jun 29, 2014

If it's an official school function, it is strongly suggested that we wear our school-issued blue oxford shirts with embroidered logo. At the very least, we're asked to dress business casual. We also have school-issued t-shirts for field trips and other more casual functions so students and their parents can find us more easily for assistance. I tend to wear those and jeans for testing days as well. When I actually teach, I'm in my PJs for the first couple of hours, but that's a whole other story.

10. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Jun 29, 2014

I firmly believe that elementary teachers can wear skirts and still get on the floor with the children... I am living proof!