what do you want from your activity?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by wyvern, Nov 27, 2013.

1. wyvern

wyvern Companion

Nov 27, 2013

I hear a lot of folks who seem just a little frustrated due to management guidelines on curriculum and instruction. I believe this a great jumping board for discussion. How can we, as instructors provide developmentally correct activities and instruction that meets the guidelines of the programs we are working for? Many have different requirements and expectations. It can be difficult. I would like to start a thread that is a support thread of folks who feel lost or frustrated with an expectation and how to meet it or how to create real and meaningful activities for children that will really meet and increase their critical thinking skills. We could share ways to help each other with positive advice specific to the issue. I see these threads everywhere, but I think what I would like to see is a place for these frustrations and if all all seasoned teachers could chime in. Perhaps this seems a bit redundant, but focus can be a good thing also.

3. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Nov 27, 2013

wyvern, I am not clear as to what you propose. Do you want to give activity suggestions? Do you want to discuss DAP? The philosophy of the program will impact the discussion greatly.