What do YOU want for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by waterfall, Nov 20, 2012.

1. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Nov 22, 2012

When DH & I have done something like that, I've wrapped the empty box & put it under the tree. Just an idea. Way back when, I did that with the video camera, I've done it with our digital camera. Gives you something to unwrap & reminds you of your gift.

2. Lisabobisa

Lisabobisa Companion

Nov 22, 2012

I bought myself a plane ticket to visit some friends in England.

But I would like one of those gorgeous new Legacy Coach purses. A wristlet would work as well.

It probably won't happen, but I would also love a replacement copper/magnetic bracelet. I bought myself one this summer, loved it, but somehow it fell off while I was moving. That'd be a nice surprise.

3. Ilovesummer

Ilovesummer Companion

Nov 22, 2012

I always have this problem too. My family asks what I want for Christmas, and all I really want are the big-ticket items that I wouldn't expect anyone to get for me. This year I would love an Ipad, or a new TV, but neither one is realistically going to happen. I was out shopping yesterday, and got a couple ideas for smaller items I can ask for. I'm going to ask for a nice spice rack for the kitchen, and an ihome dock/alarm clock for my iphone. Other than that, I'm not really sure.

4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Nov 22, 2012

Could you ask for gift cards? Either to a store where they sell the Ipad or Visa gift cards or whatever. If enough people get them for you in small denominations then you could put them all together and go shopping!

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 22, 2012

I had to go out this morning at 9am (TG morning) & I saw people's tents lined up already in front of Best Buy! There was even 1 lady w/ her tent in front of Target.

6. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Nov 22, 2012

I asked my dad to have my mom's watch repaired for me for Christmas. She received it for her first communion 60 years ago; it was overwound at some point and is missing the crystal.

7. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Nov 23, 2012

Well, I loved this magnify mirror I saw at BB&B --- planning on picking up on Fri. I also love a couple of handbags/purses I saw at Brighton.

Still, sure would be fun if I had a small child I can give a present to....

Perhaps through some charity I will.

8. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Nov 23, 2012

I want another car instead of the one that hubby got for me! It is too much room for just me. I know I am being selfish here because he has used it for hauling stuff for the store that he manages, and I've used it to help people move so it is being put to GREAT use,:cool: BUT I would love to have a small car. Everyone can spot me a mile away, SO I can't get away with doing any speeding in it; which I still do anyway, without people telling me, "Saw you with your pedal to the metal!" It has a LOUD color too. A lot of people like it and I have gotten so many compliments about it BUT I love speed in a smaller car! Last night we saw a commercial about trading in your car, and it gave me an idea that I could not make a case with.
    Oh! Well! I will just have to suck it UP and be cool, calm, and collected about it, like I tell everyone else to do.
    Later,
    Rebel1

9. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Nov 25, 2012

In the grand scheme of things I've been having Christmas for a little while now. My dh finished building my dream closet with a Half bath in our master bedroom. I am finally able to have all my things in one location and have it organize. As a bonus, I have my own attic as well to store things I want to have easy access to like teacher stuff and decorations.

It's truly been wonderful to have this and I never imagine I would. My only wish would be to have more time off so I can enjoy it more! :p

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 25, 2012

Sounds great Teachling!

11. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Nov 25, 2012

:DSmart phone...

12. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Nov 27, 2012

My list includes texting gloves, a book of pie recipes from across the country, and gift cards to Michael's, BBB, Hobby Lobby, and amazon. What I REALLY want is a KitchenAide mixer.