What Do YOU Want for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 14, 2010

I'd love a few days in New York w/ my BF during Christmas week!

3. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 14, 2010

A cruise. But I would settle for paint for the kitchen.

4. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Dec 14, 2010

A house. I hate house hunting. I just want to find a house that I like and have the seller accept my offer.

5. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Dec 15, 2010

6. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

Dec 15, 2010

Seriously....I want my bf back. We have been going through some hard times and I feel he just gave up. I want him back.....

7. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Dec 15, 2010

I would like for my husband to have a job by Christmas. We are going on 3 months on only my salary. I would also like a peaceful heart. I would like for my children to have an amazing day. I am hosting dinner this year, and would like for there to be no incidents with the food. I mainly want my family to be happy. That is all. :)

8. ecsmom

ecsmom Habitué

Dec 15, 2010

I want good traveling weather the week after Christmas so we can make the 10 drive to visit DD's family.

9. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 15, 2010

Honestly, I've got it. There's nothing in particular I want, or that I'm hoping to unwrap.

But I can't wait to see the reaction to the stuff Peter and the kids are getting :)

Non-material: I hope and pray that my friend gets through her chemo and radiation safely, and that that's the end of this nightmare for her. (And somewhat selfishly, I hope and pray that it's over for me as well. I could live without a repeat of June's surprise surgery.)

I hope and pray for the health, happiness and safety of my family and friends.

The AP in my building is pretty much on a death watch for his dad. Mr. C has worked in our building for a few years as a computer guru, so we all know him. I'm praying that the end is peaceful, and that Ken and his family can still manage a reasonably Merry Christmas-- his 2 kids are still pretty young. And one of the brothers is also losing a battle with cancer; I pray for him, his family, and the whole community as they face yet another loss this year.

I worry, especially in these near zero temperatures, about all those who do without-- the homeless, the hungry, those who have lost hope.

10. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 15, 2010

I want the same as we make the 23 hour drive to Florida starting on Boxing Day.

My Christmas would be happy if one of my students comes in to school today--we're worried we may never see him again.

11. gigi

gigi Groupie

Dec 15, 2010

I would be happy with having everyone together and enjoying the day.

12. GoehringTeaches

GoehringTeaches Comrade

Dec 15, 2010

My husband just came home from Iraq, so I received my Christmas present!

13. gigi

gigi Groupie

Dec 15, 2010

That's awesome Goehring! :) Have a wonderful Christmas.

14. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Dec 15, 2010

I asked for a bluetooth for my cell, a food processor, and a sewing machine. Those were the bigger things.

An engagement ring would be nice, but I am not holding my breath. I would rather have that as it's own special thing outside of Christmas.

15. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 15, 2010

He's here today!

16. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Dec 15, 2010

I want to make special memories with my kiddos. I want my 17 year to spend the day with me doing something that he will always remember doing. I plan on spending time with my 8 year old making her a quilt.

I want for my sister's new stepson not to be a teenage prick and realize she didn't even know his father when his parents divorced. I want my brother in law's ex wife to realize an 18 year boy really needs his father (and friends).

And I want my mother to be happy.

My sister just got married in September. So this Christmas is at my house with my mother, my two kids, my husband, my sister and her husband, his teenager (the first time he has met any of us--his mother wouldn't allow him to attend the wedding), and my new brother-in-law's mother. Should be interesting!

17. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Dec 15, 2010

Well, I'm getting time to spend with my dh over the holidays and especially Christmas day so I couldn't ask for anything more. I can't wait to see the look on my daughter's face when she opens up her gifts.

18. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Dec 15, 2010

I'm glad! :)

19. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Dec 15, 2010

A job for Rockhubby would be lovely.

20. Securis

Securis Cohort

Dec 15, 2010

What would I like for Christmas? Peace on eath, good will towards, well, everyone. Barring that, she must be of temperate disposition, own her own kayak, and love being outdoors. Most everything else is negotiable.

21. gigi

gigi Groupie

Dec 15, 2010

Securis, I have the kayak, love the outdoors and live on the water, but alas, I am married. :rolleyes: I know you will find someone...

22. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Dec 15, 2010

Aw, Sorry. :(

23. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Dec 15, 2010

I am truly blessed, so I want nothing. I would like for my mother in law to get well, and a cure for MS would be wonderful, as it is hard for me to watch my SIL suffer from this disease. I would really like everyone to have a peaceful heart this holiday.
    On a lighter side, I told my son I wanted a purse. : )

24. Securis

Securis Cohort

Dec 15, 2010

It's the thought that counts.

25. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 20, 2010

I'd love a genuinely good gal pal to hang out with here & there. We don't have to talk on the phone everyday or anything, but just someone to have a blast with & a girls' day out w/ sometimes.

26. kteachone

kteachone Companion

Dec 20, 2010

I would love a Cricut!

27. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2010

DD is coming home for five days--I want a fun, close visit with her. Her BF of nearly two years just broke up with her; my fondest wish would be for her to finish college next fall, get a job closer to home, and meet someone who will treat her like the great person she is. (But I would like replacement copies of my two favorite Christmas CDs, which I cannot find anywhere!)

28. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Dec 20, 2010

Well barring the engagement ring that I really would like to have (am not holding my breath for that) I am already getting a new laptop (this one is having issues which it's getting pretty old so it's time for an update). I would to be able to get some things done here at the house. Got BF a couple of things he really wanted and am hoping they get here before the big day.

29. Miss84

Miss84 Comrade

Dec 20, 2010

A new job where I am not crying every month cause only half of my bills are getting paid....

30. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Dec 20, 2010

I would like for my husband's Pepere to come home from the hospital and be healthy again.

A baby would be nice.:)

Material things my father gave me boot heaters which I really needed. So I was super excited to open those. I also need boots for recess duty. I don't really need anything else. OH I did tell DH I needed a helmet for skiing.

31. Starista

Starista Cohort

Dec 20, 2010

I would like...

Baby Liam to stay growing healthy and strong during his last couple of weeks inside me!

My family to have fun in Disney World and not worry about James (DH) & me back home. (We were planning to go but can't due to pregnancy related issues)

To be able to cook James a proper Christmas dinner, including a turkey made in the oven, mashed potatoes (NOT from a box), pies, etc.

:hugs::love:

32. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Dec 20, 2010

Sorry you can't go with your family Star. I hope Liam stays put for a while longer. How far along are you again?

33. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Dec 20, 2010

:yeahthat: I live 3 hours away from my good friends and due to the fact that they have young children and husbands who can't spend more than a few hours alone with their children, I see them once a year.

34. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Dec 20, 2010

I haven't had a Christmas with my family since 1995. I can't remember when the last time my immediate family were together...maybe the early '90s. A mini-family reunion would be wonderful.

35. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 21, 2010

Hopefully you can have that very soon! Is there any way you can organize a get together? There may not be enough time for Christmas, but what about during the start of the new year?

36. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Dec 21, 2010

Not much needed here. I'm asking for some perfume, but that's it.

I would LOVE for dh to get the major account he's been pitching for the last two months. His agency made it to the second/last round, so if they won it on Jan. 8, it would be the best belated gift ever. I can't tell you how happy we were when they got news they got to the second round.

37. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Dec 21, 2010

My hubby and I are keeping it low key this year ($50 max) and I'm glad. I really don't want anything (except maybe a washing machine so I can do laundry in my own house- too bad I can't get one for $50). I plan to buy myself a treadmill. :)

38. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 21, 2010

Could you start organizing one for next summer?? Make it your gift to yourself.

39. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Dec 21, 2010

Everything I wanted I got for my birthday earlier in the month. My mil bought everything on my list that was supposed to be for Christmas too. I don't need much of anything else. My husband has presents for me under the tree but for once I have no idea what it is! he did get me a magazine subscription.

40. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Dec 21, 2010

I'd like to meet Mr. Right. I'm going the online dating route right now, and having some good times, but I'm really ready to settle.

As for material things, I really wanted a smartphone, but I caved and bought it myself ;)

41. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

Dec 21, 2010

For my family, I want our blended family to be closer and realize that we cannot be a perfect family but that having each other is a great blessing.

On the personal side, I want to feel confident in my cooking and I want to one day be a great cook because food brings people together. I would love to bake goodies and bring them to neighboors, I would love to prepare great meals and have a lot of people over. I also want to overcome my anxiety of having people at my house and start hosting a lot of dinners. I also want to learn how to be a good friend.

Material stuff, I would love for that whole in the basement ceiling to be covered by Christmas time. My husband is not handy and of the both of us I'm the daredevil so it looks like I may be the one who's going to figure out how to cover it. I would also love to finally get rid of the big couch in the dinning room. It's a pain get the cat hair out and it ruins the look of my dining room but I love sitting there to read or do some work while looking at our beautiful backyard.