What do YOU think?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by SCTeachInTX, Jul 26, 2009.

1. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 26, 2009

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...:mellow:

I think that sometimes we get caught. We are caught up in finding the right job, the right school, the right house, even the right husband... And we forget to just take a moment and breathe. :)

The next few weeks are going to be hectic. It will be tough, often mind numbing, exhausting, and constantly leave you in a state of confusion and panic. :(

But, STOP, take a moment and notice the beauty of the day. Be glad that you are healthy and that you found something so funny JUST yesterday that you laughed out loud. Remember that somebody loves you and many are rooting for you. Be happy that your biggest worry is this... :rolleyes:

Heck yes, there will be rough days. And I promise there will be another moment or ten where you feel like a failure. But very soon, you WILL laugh and you will see a rainbow or someone will hold your hand. And in THAT moment, KNOW that you ARE the best that you can be... And live in THAT moment.;)

Here is to you all. I wish you all the best. And if I could - in a perfect world- I would create a place for you in a school that makes you happy, offers you a paycheck with benefits, and promises to allow you to share your knowledge with someone other than yourself. That is my wish.

Take a moment tonight and just breathe.:hugs:

Here is to hoping the next call is positive and brings that smile to your face.:)

What do YOU think?:thumb:

3. dkjackson

dkjackson Companion

Jul 26, 2009

Wow SC, thanks for posting that! It put a real smile on my face for the first time in days.

4. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Jul 26, 2009

Yes. Your always so positive.
    This makes me want to copy and paste this and keep it on my wall or something.

Its so hard to just stop and smell the roses but I must at least try.

Thank you!

5. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Jul 26, 2009

I LOVE it! Thanks! I've always been one to stop and notice the sky, etc. I try and put my problems in perspective and being alive and healthy and having people around us who care is reason enough for happiness! :)

6. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2009

Good advise for everyone. For myself, it is a work in progress - time to work harder.

Good luck everyone in your job search. There are schools and kids out there who will be amazingly fortunate to get you guys and gals as teachers.

7. newbie23

newbie23 Comrade

Jul 27, 2009

This reminds me of a picture frame/quote I have. It says, "Success is not measured only in what we achieve but in what we try to achieve." I tried to look at that every day a know that I was doing all that I could to find not only A job but THE job for me.

I think it's easy in this process to morph yourself into who you think the schools want you to be. It's important that you let the best version of yourself shine through and the school that is right for you will have an opening.

8. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 27, 2009

I'm not looking for a job, but I certainly need to remember your message. Thank you for posting--this is now on my desktop so that I can read it often.

9. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 27, 2009

Exactly. Don't worry so much about what others think. Just be the YOU, and remember that there really are things more important.

Like I said, Heck yes - it is hard, depressing, and really blows all your self confidence. But in one moment, when the right principal makes that call the feeling of joy that washed over you is amazing. And then, I hate to say it comes the sheer terror that NOW you have to prove yourself... No matter how new you are or how experienced, you still have to prove yourself. And then, again self doubt creeps in. Self doubt is ALWAYS there and there will always be people that bring us down to make themselves look or feel better. It is up to US, to STOP and breathe and, just enjoy the life we have been given. Today is the day.
    ;)
    Like the children's song says,

"This is the day, This is the day that the Lord hath made... We will rejoice and be glad in it..."

10. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Jul 27, 2009

Thanks SC. I get worked up sometimes stressing out, worrying etc. This reminded me to just breath and relax. Everything's going to work out just fine :)

11. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 27, 2009

We all deserve to smile. I am so glad that you smiled today. Sending you all hugs!:hugs:

Is that the phone I hear ringing for someone???? I hope so!:)

12. newbie23

newbie23 Comrade

Jul 27, 2009

I'm currently in that "ahh, now what have I gotten myself into" phase but you're right. I found it hard not to smile all week when I found out the job was mine.

13. jw13

jw13 Groupie

Jul 27, 2009

What do I think?....I thinhk you made me cry(in a good way). This is the hardest time of year for me. I feel the window shutting to yet another hiring season. But, I do need to remember that I have a wonderful family and friends who are cheering for me. I need to look at what I DO have, not at what I haven't been given. THANK YOU!!!

14. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Jul 27, 2009

Sometimes reading things like this makes you feel like there really is hope. Thanks for posting!

15. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 27, 2009

JW- Thank you. Thank you for being willing to take on a class of kids that make you want to pull your hair out one minute and make you smile in the next. Thank you for being the kind of teacher willing to put yourself out there and get rejected time and time again in the hopes of having your own class. Thank you for having the courage to put up with sometimes difficult administrators or an angry parent. Thank you for continuing to learn and grow in your profession so that you are on top of current trends.

I have a friend. She graduated from a top University with honors. During student teaching she realized that teaching children was NOT the place her heart was in. Thankfully after graduating, she is not pursuing a career in teaching. Her evaluations would have been great. Her grades would have been excellent and on paper she looked like a super candidate. But in reality, she hated every moment when teaching children. Thank goodness she did not take a position from someone like YOU that truly deserves to be there.

I hope the phone rings tomorrow and you get the job of YOUR dreams soon. You do deserve it and you are WORTH it! Take a moment and breathe.:):):)