What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by dr.gator, Dec 4, 2012.

1. dr.gator

dr.gator Comrade

Dec 4, 2012

I totally agree with what this teacher is saying. But.....how would you feel if you worked with this teacher? She basically told everyone what her and all of her coworkers evaluation status was by sharing one bit of nugget (the VAM score for the entire school) without consulting anyone first. Keep in mind that with this school's VAM score there is no possible way for any teacher to achieve anything higher than a needs improvement. Where's the line between standing up for yourself and your profession and taking down everyone? Thoughts??? I guess this is what the higher ups are looking for. If we get them all fighting with each other then we have won!

http://hallpass.blogs.gainesville.c...r-of-the-year-displeased-with-her-evaluation/

3. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Dec 4, 2012

Our VAM scores are published in multiple places, anyway, as are our salaries, etc. It's not a big deal to me. I think more good than harm will come from this.

4. dr.gator

dr.gator Comrade

Dec 4, 2012

In my district in Florida VAM scores were to be kept private for one year.

5. msufan

msufan Comrade

Dec 4, 2012

I love this teacher being vocal about this. If I worked there I would feel supported by her, as she would be explaining why all of us got low ratings, rather than feeling somehow outed by her.

6. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Dec 4, 2012

Our scores are published on the state website, as well as the local paper. So she wouldn't have shared a big secret in my state.