What do you think?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by mrachelle87, Mar 22, 2012.

1. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Mar 22, 2012

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Mar 22, 2012

I think the teachers's union, if there is one, should take out a full page ad in every newspaper in the state.

Every unemployed teacher is a potential drain on community resources. He or she is also a loss in tax revenue for the state.

Show the people how their tax dollars are being spent, and include the numbers of unemployed teachers and teachers in this country who were excessed last year.

Then call for a response from those schools-- exactly what is it they were looking for in an employee that they couldn't find here at home???? And why is public money being paid to uncertified teachers???

4. jwteacher

jwteacher Cohort

Mar 22, 2012

That is absolutely ridiculous. I'd give my two cents, but I would be ranting for a long time.

5. orangetea

orangetea Connoisseur

Mar 22, 2012

That is just not ok! The public needs to know this.

6. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Mar 22, 2012

I have to say, the State Senator that is opposing this law is a God's sent. He is a former teacher, administrator, and board member. He still spends time in Government classes at his local high school. I have never met him personally, but I will be campaigning for him. I can't vote for him because he represents a different district, but the lady that represents me feels that our state supt is the best. Our state supt is a DENTIST...yes, a dentist. She started her own charter school that isn't discussed. She is anti-public education. She is anti-vocational education. And she is anti-early childhood. She scares me. She had the money to run a campaign that was big business.

7. dcnuck

dcnuck Companion

Mar 22, 2012

I know exactly what you mean mrachelle87. The current superintendent is not going to help teachers in Oklahoma any--my impression is she wants to get rid of public education totally. Thanks for posting this. The other thing Oklahoma schools is doing that I disagree with is bringing in a lot of Teach for America teachers when there are plenty of unemployed teachers who need a job

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 22, 2012

As a taxpayer and parent, I'd want to know that these 'teachers' are fully licensed, credentialed, capable and highly effective. I would be concerned that Turkey, Turkmenistan or Azerbaijan are in areas surrounded by turmoil and countries which have been on 'terrorism alert' lists at our state department...somewhat surprised, shocked and dismayed that qualified candidates cant be found within the state or the US who would be willing to relocate for a job...heck, I'm sure there are some on the forums who might jump at the chance for such a job.

9. jojo808

jojo808 Comrade

Mar 22, 2012

WOW. Good for Cannaday. And come on, the Sky foundation people are from Turkey, and the uncertified/unlicensed teachers are from Turkey?