What do you send with each job posting?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by roseteacher12, May 24, 2009.

1. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

May 24, 2009

What do you send out to schools as your "application"? When a job is posted I always make sure I have what they ask for which is usually letter or interest/cover letter, resume and certificate. Sometimes they ask for other things like transcripts. However, I always send these 5 things:

cover letter
    resume
    references sheet
    copy of cert
    my best recommendation letter (from my principal of my long term job)

I am wondering if anyone thinks maybe I shouldnt send the rec letter? What do you think and what do you send?

3. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 24, 2009

I only send a cover letter and resume.

4. rachaelski

rachaelski Habitué

May 24, 2009

I have soft copies of my transcripts to send in a flash in case a school is interested.

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 24, 2009

I would think a cover letter and resume would be fine. That's enough for them to see whether or not they're interested. Once they decide they are, you can supply the rest.

Though I am intrigued by all the talk of pamphlets I read here. I think it's a great way of making your resume stand out, and of becoming more of a real person to those doing the interviewing. I think that if I were currently looking for a job, I would print up a zillion of them and include one with the resume and cover letter.

6. rachaelski

rachaelski Habitué

May 24, 2009

Since I am usually sending cover letters and resumes via email, I have not attached my brochure. I have saved them for the interview or at job fairs.

7. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

May 24, 2009

almost all job postings ask for a copy of my cert so I always include that, i guess that want to make sure you are qualified lol anyway maybe i will try sending without the rec letter but what about the referneces? i figure they wont call until i have an interview but it looks good to send them.

8. BurgundyMist

BurgundyMist Rookie

May 24, 2009

:dizzy: Have I been doing this all wrong so far? I've been including my cover letter, resume, transcript, etc., but I also include an application with every packet. Are you only supposed to give them the official application if they show an interest in interviewing you? Thanks!

9. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

May 24, 2009

I usually just do what the district wants sent for any posting or any cold sending of applications to districts. Most districts seem to want an application, resume, cover letter, copy of certifications and transcripts. Some want reference letters others want confidential reference letters or a placement file. When sending things to principals cold I usually just send my resume and cover letter and then hand out my brochure at interviews and job fairs.

10. frogger

frogger Devotee

May 24, 2009

Cover letter and resume.

11. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 24, 2009

This really all varies from region to region. The majority of districts in my region require an applicant to apply online to the district so that there is an official application on file and then it's up to the applicant to send cover letters, resumes, brochures, etc. out to the principals in hopes of getting an interview and being hired.

12. BurgundyMist

BurgundyMist Rookie

May 24, 2009

Ah, I see. I am pretty sure that each district I have sent my things to has asked for applicants to send in applications on their website (which I have). It seems common for them to ask for an application with the packet and if not, that is because they ask for applicants to apply through USREAP, or the like. I just wasn't sure if I made a faux-paus or not! Thanks!

13. Alisha

Alisha Cohort

May 27, 2009

I agree that it varies.

The jobs that I'm apply to usually ask for the following: Cover Letter, At least 4 letters of recommendation, resume, transcripts, copy of certification, and district application which usually includes several length essay questions.

Ugh.

14. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

May 27, 2009

yikes...most jobs ive applied for ask for usually only a resume and cover letter and sometimes copy of cert. very occasionally they will ask for transcripts or rec letters.