What do you do with your stuff, when you pick a new theme ?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Grade1&2, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Grade1&2

Grade1&2 Rookie

Aug 16, 2008

Hello ! :)

I do not have a classroom yet, I quit my job in a private school and I'm currently waiting for the school board to assign me to a French public school. Since I live in Montreal, it shouldn't take too long. ;) English is my second language, sorry if I make mistakes.

If I'm lucky enough to have a classroom before school begins, I would like to pick a new theme. I've done "under the sea" for 2 years and I would really like something new with monkeys this year. I was wondering what to do with my "under the sea" stuff. Do you sell it or keep it in case you'll want to use it again !?! Or something else ?

Thanks for replying ! :)

3. mjennings

mjennings Companion

Aug 16, 2008

stuff

I keep my stuff because I alternate my theme every year. That way I keep my things and I get to reuse them, plus I dont get bored of the same theme year after year! It also help to keep a theme that way you know what you already do and all you have to do is tweak a few things here and there! Good luck!

4. Lareigna

Lareigna Companion

Aug 16, 2008

I agree with mjennings, I would definately keep it all to reuse it later.

5. Grade1&2

Grade1&2 Rookie

Aug 16, 2008

Thanks ! I guess I should keep it, I might want to use it again in the future...just not now ! ;)

6. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Aug 16, 2008

Grade1&2, you could also switch stuff with a grade level partner or another teacher for a few years if you get sick of things...:)

7. ITeach4Him

ITeach4Him Comrade

Aug 16, 2008

I share it with another teacher. I'm pretty much tired of it after a while and they like something new!

8. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 17, 2008

I'm trying to rid myself of my 'stuff', so I just sold a TON at a garage sale. I'll do the same each summer. I made a lot of money, which helped me buy new decorations for this year. Next summer, I might just sell all the theme stuff together on ebay. I get bored really fast, and I don't think I'll come back to the themes. There are too many I want to do.

9. Grade1&2

Grade1&2 Rookie

Aug 17, 2008

That is exactly my "problem", I get bored of things pretty fast. Lucky for my husband though, it's not the same with him ! :lol: I'll keep my stuff for now since I don't know if I'll have a class before school begins and the room might be already decorated if not.

10. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Aug 17, 2008

Funny, I am I always looking for teaching stuff when we go to tag sales, but the though never even crossed my mind to sell my teaching stuff when we had a tag sale this summer!! I don't know why I wasn't thinking!! What a great idea...my husband will be glad to get it out of the house, and then he won't go crazy when I have to buy new things! Thanks Jem!:)

11. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 17, 2008

No problem! I feel any money I earn on classroom 'stuff' gets to go right back into the classroom. My husband hasn't wined about any purchases so far! Hooray!

12. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Aug 18, 2008

I put the flat stuff in BB bags or the bags the teacher store uses to deliver the bags, then I use copy paper boxes for the bulky stuff.