What do you do when get UP early?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Rebel1, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jun 19, 2012

What do you do when/IF you get UP early?

Well!
    -I get on here and enjoy the coolest and most informative site!
    -Eat breakfast sometimes
    -Catch up on paperwork
    -Bug my dog, who doesn't want to be bothered
    -Just chill and enjoy a brand new day..:D
    How about you? What do you do to pass your early hours?
    Rebel1

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 19, 2012

I didn't sleep well last night and I'm up earlier than I should be...
    So here I am!

4. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jun 19, 2012

Sorry czacza
    So what are you going to?
    Enjoy your cup of coffee and think about all the positive things
    you will be doing today!:D
    Rebel1

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 19, 2012

I'm going to school to do my student folders and check out...I'll head out of here in a few hours...

I'll get up soon ( im technically not really up...lounging around now with iPad), have my coffee, ride bike, then head out...I have quite a few house projects planned for the summer so its time to get organized!

Dh is working home today, so that's nice.

6. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jun 19, 2012

Czacza,
    Enjoy and remember to have a LOT OF FUN!:cool:
    Rebel1

7. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jun 19, 2012

I guess I'm up early every day - usually between 5 and 6.

I like to take my time with my coffee on the porch and watch the sunrise... read the news... check up on AtoZ (though I rarely post that early - fingers aren't coordinated yet!)... check up on blogs... turn on the Today show and do a little hand sewing for a paper-pieced quilt I'm working on.

A few days a week I'm on the beach by 8AM with my dog, so we can enjoy a few hours before it gets too hot.

8. geoteacher

geoteacher Devotee

Jun 19, 2012

Hmmm...

-check the computer
    -read the paper
    -watch a little TV
    -start some laundry (not glamorous but practical)
    -feed the cats that won't stop bothering me!
    -eat breakfast (strawberries in season means I splurge and have shortcake:))

9. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jun 19, 2012

You guys are industrious. I go back to bed.

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 19, 2012

I've been on my break for 3 wks now & for some reason have been waking up pretty early, like 6:30 - 7am. I'm not the type to stay in bed for long after I wake up. I fix my dog his breakfast, then give him a quick walk for several min. Then, I'm on the computer on THIS site 1st thing! :) I don't usually think about gtting dressed to go anywhere yet until the 9 o'clock hour...unless I was planning in advance to go somwhere. But, to me, my mornings, days, evenings, heck all of it goes by fast! :mad:

11. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jun 19, 2012

I get up early and go to the pool at the health club. It feels nice to get some exercise first thing. Then I stop and pick up some breakfast, go by my classroom and work for about an hour, and then I'm still home by 10:30am, with the whole day ahead of me.

12. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Jun 19, 2012

On the weekends I'm almost always up by 7am. I wish I could sleep til 9, but I just can't! :(

Anyways, we wake up, snuggle, eat breakfast together, and then I make the bed while he does the dishes. Then we get on with our day.:)

13. bison

bison Habitué

Jun 19, 2012

I didn't get called into work today (didn't expect to), so normally I'd go back to sleep. That didn't happen, so here I am! Just browsing my regular websites and reading some news. The BF is snoozing for a little longer and I don't want to wake him or the dogs, so in a couple minutes I'll probably do some reading until I can nap. I'm not sure why or how I woke up really early because we went out for a spontaneous late happy hour last night. Appetizers are even better when they're half price. Even though I'm still taking a couple classes and I'm not technically done for the year at work yet... I love summer! I actually have time to do things like go out spontaneously and nap and do laundry! :)

14. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jun 19, 2012

I've only get up early when I have to be somewhere.

This morning I woke up at 7:00, and I read my book for awhile and dozed back off. I got up for the day at 12:15.

I live by myself, so it doesn't really matter that I take my 7-8 hours of sleep at odd hours. I haven't been in bed earlier than 3:00 in the morning in several weeks.

15. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 19, 2012

I just don't get up early. I woke up after one today...but stay up all night.

16. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Jun 19, 2012

I am not up early unless I absolutely have to be...and then it is at the last possible second! So my answer is...get ready and go to work! I have never gotten up early voluntarily for no reason in my life- I actually sleep best in the mornings. These past few days when I haven't had summer school I've been staying up most of the night and then sleeping from about 5 am to noon or 1. Today I had school, but luckily summer school is only a few hours- so I still stayed up late (tried to go to bed, couldn't sleep) and will be taking a long nap shortly :)

17. callmebob

callmebob Enthusiast

Jun 19, 2012

If I wake up earlier than I would like I usually just stay in bed and try to get more sleep. When I get up earlier than I need to (say up at 6, but with nothing in particular to do) then I usually will make something for breakfast and check things out on the computer while the house is still quiet. Maybe go outside and just enjoy the early morning when it is not 100 out yet.

18. callmebob

callmebob Enthusiast

Jun 19, 2012

Wow, slept until noon. I don't know how you do that. Even when I have nothing to do during the day I have to get up and get ready for the day.

19. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Jun 19, 2012

Me too! If I stayed in bed til noon I would feel like I wasted my whole day!

I've never been a big sleep-in-er, but I am known to take 3 or 4 hour naps:whistle:

20. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jun 19, 2012

I have a ten month old who doesn't sleep past 6:30am she keeps me busy:)

21. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 19, 2012

Not to speak for Ima, but we do get up and get ready for the day...just not in line with the sun, if you will.

22. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Jun 19, 2012

I am on break in another week and a half.

In the summer I always get up early; my body is on a routine. So, I enjoy my breakfast, go for a walk and then watch a little TV before it's time to get moving for the day.

23. Longfellow

Longfellow Rookie

Jun 20, 2012

Hands down, shower. I don't wake up otherwise. After that, I reddit a bit as I cook breakfast.

24. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jun 20, 2012

MMmm, me too. I must have large quantities of boiling water and lots of Chanel No5 soap to manage to keep my eyes open.

Same holds true in reverse if I can't sleep.

I am not a morning person. At all. I have trouble going to bed before 2am, even when I must get up at 4:40 for work. I can try going to bed early, but I gradually revert back to a night owl cycle over a week or two. I don't expect to get up much before noon very often this summer.

25. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 20, 2012

I'm always up early. It's 5:16 in NY and I'm up and showered.

If it's summer, I'll come down here for a while, then grab the paper and a cup of tea outside on the patio.

During the school year, I have to get the kid up by 6, then have breakfast myself so I can get the 2 older kids out the door at 7 with me when Kira's sitter shows up.

Early morning, when everyone is cozy in bed and I have the house to myself, is one of my favorite parts of the day.

26. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jun 20, 2012

I'm always up by 6 regardless of the time of year or the day of the week.

I love having the early morning to myself so I can watch the news, do some laundry, etc. all with a quiet house. It's very calming to me.

Even now, I don't have to be at work until 8 (this particular job is 5 minutes from my house), but I've been up since 5:30. I can leisurely eat my breakfast, take the dog for a little walk when the sun comes up a bit more, and still be ready on time. I love not having to rush!

27. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Jun 20, 2012

Well... this doesn't really happen.

This morning, I did wake up at 5:30 AM to my wife saying "Hi!" I asked her what time it was, and she told me, at which point I rolled over and told her "see you in the REAL morning".

28. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jun 20, 2012

Me, early??

29. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jun 20, 2012

I am by nature a night owl and in the summer, I sleep best after 5:30 in the morning so getting six hours of sleep and getting up at noon isn't just being lazy.

30. webmistress

webmistress Devotee

Jun 20, 2012

I have a baby. I'm always up early or through the night. The question is when do I sleep.

31. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Jun 20, 2012

I typically get up with my husband at 5:30, now we have new shades (room darkening!!) and I have no problem sleeping until the baby wakes me up. Baby doesn't get up until 8am...

However, if I stay up at 5:30, I make him breakfast and eat with him, then I make coffee and read or mess around online for a while. I also watch the Today Show. I might start laundry, sweep or do another quick chore so I feel like I got something done.

32. mkbren88

mkbren88 Cohort

Jun 20, 2012

I get up early to workout and sometimes do paperwork.

33. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jun 20, 2012

Same. My mother always had this thing where getting up late is lazy even if you went to bed an hour before.

It hardly matters where in the day you sleep; it all adds up to 24 in the end. I love the quiet at night. I even do my grocery shopping at midnight :lol:

34. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Jun 20, 2012

In my 20s, I'd be able to sleep 'til noon on the weekends. Nowadays--not so much!

Now that I'm on summer break, I normally get up by 9am. I eat cereal and watch reruns of Golden Girls or Will & Grace until I'm ready to hit the gym.

It's soooo nice to NOT be on a strict schedule right now. During the school year, I'm oh-so-regimented!!!

35. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jun 21, 2012

During the school year, I'm up (without an alarm) by 5am. During the summer, I may sleep in until 7 some days, but that's about the latest. If I wasn't up early, it just wouldn't feel right.

36. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 21, 2012

If I sleep past 8:30 am, it's because I'm very very ill.

37. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jun 21, 2012

For some reason, I really only like watching the news in the morning. I enjoy having my time with the local NBC affiliate and then (in the summer) watching the Today show. They feel like friends that I welcome in each morning. :)

38. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Jun 21, 2012

:yeahthat: I love the Today show!

39. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jun 24, 2012

Exercising in the morning sounds cool, SO...
    starting tomorrow I am going to get on the exercise thingy, some Pro-Form rowing machine, that hubby got as a "spur of the moment" purchase. (Oh! Yeah! He was going to get on it every morning and use it; not happening...:huh:)...so I might as well put it to use. Pug stares at it and barks sometimes, so I might as well give him something to bark about.:D
    Rebel1