What do you bring to an interview?

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by katydid205, Mar 10, 2007.

1. katydid205

katydid205 Companion

Mar 10, 2007

Whath do you all actually hand the Interviewees?? I know a Resume is always standard. Do you give anything else besides this?? Thanks for your help. I have 4 big interviews coming up this week!

3. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Mar 10, 2007

I only have given my resume in the past. I was thinking about making a business card or a brochure to hand out at the end of the interview.

I also, bring a portfolio, pad of paper, pen and water.

4. mommee03

mommee03 Companion

Mar 10, 2007

I went the alternative route for my cert. When I went on my interview I made a small portfolio. In it I included a resume, my teaching philosophy, letters of recommendation, test scores and transcripts (since I was alternative), I also threw in a blown up picture of an ideal bullentin board for my classroom. I placed in all these items in a report cover using the schools colors. I also made a coversheet on which, I used the school's mascot and mission statement, printed in color.
    I also took a small notepad w/ three questions written on it and a pen.
    I'm not sure how all the principals took it, but the schools I was most interested did seem like it. It was something to leave an impression after I left, and it appeared I had done so research on the school. Most of the principals liked the questions as well.
    Hope this helps.

5. katydid205

katydid205 Companion

Mar 10, 2007

Thanks Mommee...did you get the job? Your ideas sound great.