What do you back your bulletin boards with?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by woobie5, Jun 1, 2009.

1. mom2sands

mom2sands Comrade

Jun 7, 2009

I used royal blue fabric on one board this year and it did not fade at all. I used light blue and dark green paper on other boards and they faded terribly, but I carefully removed it and I'm just going to flip it over and use it again next year. When hanging the paper and fabric I used push pins to hold it in place while stapling. This was my first year and I kept my boards up year round. I did have to decorate the hallway board for two different months.

In my classroom, one board is "We've caught the reading bug!" It was bugs from the teacher store with a grass border at the bottom, green border on the top and sides and a light blue background. I bought a butterfly net from Dollar Tree and used Mavelous tape to hold it up there.

The other classroom board had a banner above it in royal blue and yellow that said star students. The board itself had the royal blue fabric with a yellow border and said Great Work! I displayed student work on this one.

My hallway boards were for September--Make good choices--it had an apple tree and the apples displayed good behaviors.

My simplest was the April hallway board. I used book jackets and bumble bees. The border had bumble bees reading books. I titled it "Get buzzy with a book!" (Buzzy meant busy). I literally thought of and put this together in less than thirty minutes minus the time of punching out the letters on the Ellison.

Before starting the year, I had considered changing out one board each month, but I think four a year is plenty! I am using the same hallway ideas again this year too! Keeping it as simple as possible.

2. dcalhoun

dcalhoun Companion

Jun 9, 2009

Fabric

3. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jun 9, 2009

material

4. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jun 10, 2009

fabric

5. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jun 10, 2009

Wrapping paper would be a different way of doing it!
    Rebel1

6. mclaugcr

mclaugcr Companion

Jun 10, 2009

Fabric

7. hoku625

hoku625 Rookie

Jun 10, 2009

fabric... at the end of the year it looks like I just hung it up

8. frogger

frogger Devotee

Jun 10, 2009

I used paper this year but it is a pain to put up by yourself and fades quickly! I am thinking of going to fabric as well.