What do they mean by a DMV printout?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Peachyness, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Mar 17, 2008

I want to apply for a preschool position and they want a DMV printout. What exactly do they mean? is this soemthing where I'm going to have to stand in the DMV for hours or is this like my registration printout that I already have sitting in my car.

:help:

:thanks:

3. DaveF

DaveF Companion

Mar 17, 2008

You must go DMV and wait for hours. It's a print out of your driving record. It costs about $7.

4. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Mar 17, 2008

Oh skippy!!!!

Danke schon.

5. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Mar 17, 2008

OMG peachy...what are you looking for...a job with the FBI?

everyone in calif knows what DMV stands for! I don't live there any more, and I still remember!

why you have to pay for it is beyond me!

are you applying for a job as school bus driver?

:rolleyes:

wait this is not funny...

that may be a good job, and work for you...if you want it...

this post was not intended to offend any school bus drivers or potential drivers...

6. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Mar 18, 2008

It's for a preschool position!!! I don't get it either. I almost don't want to apply only based on the fact that I'll have to go to the dreaded DMV. UGH!!!!

7. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Mar 18, 2008

yep, you are right...you have to drive the short bus...maybe be sp. ed pre-k, and they need you to wear all the hats. Do you have food sanitation license??

just kidding..tell me more..you know pre-k is my thing!

oh..now I remember...

they want you to admit that you lied when you said you didn't have any tickets. the average nutsy person has had more than their share of traffic school classes for speeding tickets, and been in a few car chases on the 5, 210 and 710 and 605. So if you have been on the for news for reckless driving, don't bother to apply

what on earth does that have to do with being a teacher??? :rolleyes:

8. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Mar 18, 2008

Perhaps they are expecting you to drive the van when your kiddos go on field trips.

Yuck.

9. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Mar 18, 2008

10. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Mar 18, 2008

They are probably seeing who they can hire that might be able to get a commercial drivers license. When I worked at a preschool last summer, they wanted me to have my C-License so I could be one of the field trip drivers or an aftershool pick up driver. I did not want that responsibility.

11. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Mar 18, 2008

Just go online and order your records to be sent to the preschool. Can't you do that?

12. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Mar 18, 2008

Have you ever lived in CA?? :haha: The DMV controls EVERYTHING in CA - it is a fate worse than death to deal with the DWV. I remember the first time after we moved going to the BMV in Indiana - I was dreading the experience because I had to register two out of state cars which probably would have taken about 2 hours in CA's DMV process. I was in and out in less than 20 minutes :) Earthquake and the DMV are two things about CA that give me nightmares :lol:

13. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Mar 18, 2008

yes, all roads are pointing that direction peachy...

It's like saying you have CPR card, and some poor soul passes out, and you don't want to give him rescue breathing!

If you really don't want responsiblity of driving kids around, think twice about that job.

Also, preschool..in case you don't know..usually has infants and toddlers too. You could be put in another room all day long, to cover for others teachers. I love kids, but I don't want to be in a room full of 2s, or crying infants! hard on my back to pick them up hold them all day.

only time I want to see three or more babies at once is when I have grandchildren!

JMO!

14. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Mar 18, 2008

can you cut and paste job description, so I can decipher it for you??

15. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Mar 18, 2008

yes, IN...I'll take snow and wind any day...and the secretary of state office in IL over good ol' sunny CA, earthquakes and the DMV!!!

been there..done that...not pretty...

but you can do a lot of things online now..

16. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Mar 18, 2008

That's true. I could try to do all of this online. If not, at least I can schedule an appointment and only wait a couple of hours... :p

Now, I am really considering not applying for this job. I think being a preschool teacher would be neat, especially since I love teaching kindergarten. Now, when I worked at my last school, we had a preschool on our campus, which was strictly, for 4 to 5 years old I think. No toddlers or anything. These were kids who were ready to enter kindergarten next year. This is the type of preschool that I'm looking into. BUT, this may not be the type. I wish they had more of a description.

THANKS guys.

17. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Mar 18, 2008

If, and only if...the building is strictly state pre-k, and part of a public elementary school, there is a good chance you will only have 3, 4 and 5 year olds. Preschool includes 3s. But there are Zero to Three Programs, which usually have parents involved, and one teacher, who does not interact with preschool class.

However, in Head Start you have ages 3-5 and Early Head Start is 0-3. A program could have Head Start, but still have infants and toddlers in the building. Private/public child care centers, and college-based day care programs can have children 6 weeks to 12 years old! Even though they advertise as a Preschool Program You will have after-school programs and the school-aged kids will come from as early as 12, but usually 3 to 6 pm. And if it is a holiday or summer, they can be with you all day. The infants may have mothers who work in the school/office building, and come down all day to nurse, feed, or just watch their kids...and you!

So.. keep in mind, if you apply for this job, you may be working with more than just 4 and 5 year olds.

18. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Mar 18, 2008

Thanks! I, personally, would prefer to work for a preschool that is affliated through a school district. By the way, this job is through edjoin and is through one of the school districts. So, I am assuming that this is the preschool that I want. BUT, I guess you never know. I'll have to find out.

19. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Mar 18, 2008

ok, if you are sticking with the public school positions, you will be fine. You will have all the rights, privilleges, etc. of a regular teacher. That would be awesome! If you venture out to the college child care centers, or Head Start or public child care places, take my advice and get your child care permit... you may have enough credits to apply, or you may have to take a class or two in early childhood. Print the application and see what you need.

if this is a field you are interested in...this would be the next step..

usually, they will hire you, but require that you apply for the child care permit. definitely more money if you already have it.

apply for the highest level that you can. that way, you don't have to resubmit it and pay more money for a higher level later.

Summer is the perfect time to take a class in junior college for early childhood ed. Be sure to say you are enrolled-or plan to enroll, it looks good on your application!

20. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Mar 18, 2008

My concentration was in early childhood education when I was in college. I don't know if this is the same thing you are talking about.

21. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Mar 18, 2008

ok, then you are fine! sorry if I missed that!

22. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Mar 18, 2008

That's okay, I don't think I mentioned it! But, I will look into it, just in case. Thanks. You have been a big help. And, IF I do get a preschool position, I know who I can come to seek help. :D

23. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Mar 18, 2008

Sure,

when you get the call...let me know...

see if you can copy and paste some of those job descriptions