What do technology do you use in your classroom?

Discussion in 'Middle School / Junior High' started by MrsCAD, Jul 30, 2009.

1. MrsCAD

MrsCAD Companion

Jul 30, 2009

Our principal has a new theory this year FINALLY about the types of technology that we use and they kind we let our students use. I have been looking for Podcasts to use and, unfortunately, have not found many dealing with grammar or writing. I have, though, found some good ones to use with reading.

My question is what type of technology do you use that your kids love? What type of technology do your students use in their everyday lives that you use for your benefit in the classroom?

3. Ms. T

Ms. T Rookie

Jul 30, 2009

I have incorporated digital cameras into math lessons. The students use them to create study booklets on geometric shapes. We have an outdoor angle scavenger hunt- groups takes pictures of angles on buildings, landscaping, etc. and then present to the class as a power point presentation. They photograph math projects during the course of the year. Digital cameras bring technology into my lessons and are part of the visual learning experience.

4. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Jul 31, 2009

We have lots that we use. We have 30 laptop computers, two desktop computers, internet access, lots of software, a SmartBoard, an AirLiner slate, student responders, a document camera, a video camera, a digital camera, a television w/cable, a VHS/DVD player, an LED projector, and two color printer/scanners.

The kids use something technology-wise every day. They also made podcasts of their poems, but they did that with another teacher. We also have a radio station and tv studio that we can "borrow" with the help of that teacher.

5. Fishman

Fishman Rookie

Aug 3, 2009

These are some great ideas, thanks for sharing.