What do men like to take to work for lunch?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, May 14, 2009.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 14, 2009

I know what I like but it'd be too light for my husband :haha:

What do you pack for your husband or if you're a guy, what do you like to make from home to take for lunch?

My husband has been buying lunch out everyday which is nice for us but I'm interested in saving money and it'd probably be healthier to send him a lunch.

3. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

May 14, 2009

I don't pack my husband's lunch, but he usually takes leftovers from dinner, frozen dinners, and he really likes the Deli Creations sandwiches. Our one male teacher who eats lunch with us brings the same thing-usually leftovers from dinner or a frozen meal.

4. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 14, 2009

Who makes the Deli Creation sandwiches? I'll have to take a look. We both like the Amy's Kitchen's Indian meals like the Palak Paneer. I'm just looking for some ideas beyond sandwiches though too...

5. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

May 14, 2009

I love the palak paneer, too.

DH only brings leftovers when he takes his lunch to work.

6. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 14, 2009

My husband doesn't usually like leftovers. His mom made everything from scratch each night and so I feel like I have to do that too. It's tiring so sometimes I'll just stop and get take out so I can have a break from the kitchen!

7. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

May 14, 2009

They are from Oscar Mayer. I don't like the regular sandwiches as much, but I really like the flatbread sandwiches they have. My husband loves all of them.

I'm not good with lunch ideas. I'll eat the same thing every day for a few weeks!

8. Blue

Blue Aficionado

May 15, 2009

My husband takes a sandwich every day. He adds some fresh veggies, and he is set. But, he is starving by the time he gets home.

9. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

May 15, 2009

My dh usually takes leftovers from the night before which I like and don't like. For instance, we had BBQ on Sunday which he took for lunch on Monday. There was more left for supper on Monday, but he wouldn't eat it because he had it Sunday and for lunch. He does not like leftovers for lunch and supper.

10. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

May 15, 2009

I bring leftovers from dinner.

11. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 15, 2009

Isn't it funny that guys actually take different stuff for lunch than women? I tried to pack lunches for dh when we were first married-I thought I was being such a good wife. He got made because I was sending him fruit cups, pudding cups, bags of chips, etc. You know, what I saw my kids bringing for lunch. He said it embarrassed him. Weird. We live in two totally different worlds. Now he keeps a loaf of bread and a PB jar at his desk, and just makes a sandwich. He'll also eat cereal. They have a nice kitchen area to keep dishes, food, etc. I don't even worry about it anymore. He can take care of himself, I guess. I'LL eat the fruit cups and granola bars.

12. Emerson Squirl

Emerson Squirl Rookie

May 15, 2009

My boyfriend is quite the picky eater, or at least as far as I've seen the weirdest eater. He'd eat meat and only meat, especially steak for lunch and dinner every day and be happy. He also loves snacks-ritz, cereal, chips, etc.- and anything that comes from a can. I end up taking leftovers to save money and since I see no obvious solution to our bickering about lunches he buys his lunch every day.
    Oh well, I can't win them all, right?

13. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

May 15, 2009

It's cheaper for my husband to eat out every day...I kid you not...many moons ago, I tried packing him a lunch...2 sandwiches, bag of chips, pickles, cookies, drinks, water...UGH....it was cheaper to eat out! :haha: