What do I need to know about the district

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MsBee, May 12, 2009.

1. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

May 12, 2009

First interview tomorrow!!!

What do I need to know about the district and the school besides mission statement and the racial makeup of the school?

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

May 12, 2009

Also do I need to have it memorized or can I have it on a cheat sheet?

4. melissa803

melissa803 Comrade

May 12, 2009

Good luck!

I would look around at the district's website. One district near me had their school improvement plans on the website and they were about writing so I'll make sure I have a lot to say about writing. You may also see if there are prof development listed so you can see what the district is interested in. I would also look to see if I could find free/reduced lunch numbers, how many students in the school, if they have reading or math programs listed, try to see what's happening on the school website, anything you could think of stories of your experience to connect with...

Another thing I did was search the online archives of the local paper for the district and school's names to see if anything had been written about them lately.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

5. AMB

AMB Rookie

May 12, 2009

I think it looks good to have the questions written. That way it looks like you took the time to prepare questions and gave it thought in advance.

*What are the district's plans for growth or major changes in the future? (Re-word it, but they've seemed to like that one in my interviews.)

6. applecore

applecore Devotee

May 12, 2009

Oh, and find out about their test scores....see where they are according to the state standards.

7. frogger

frogger Devotee

May 12, 2009

Look on their website and their district website. I would have notes written down with also questions you want to ask. You can have paper for you to take notes of what they say as well.

8. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

May 12, 2009

But when they ask why i want to work for the school and district can I have the test scores and mission statement an racial makeup etc...on a piece of paper as well.

9. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 12, 2009

I would also see what content programs they have...math, reading, etc...and try to tie that into your answer.