WHAT DO I DO?! slightly freaking out here...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by roseteacher12, Jun 25, 2009.

1. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

Jun 25, 2009

I posted a few days ago because I had heard that there may be an opening in the school where I did my long term subbing job this past year. Well today I found out for certain that its open and best part...its for the teacher I did the replacement for-same grade, same classroom, everything! It only seems natural that I should get this job but the principal (who i have kept in contact with) has not told me anything yet. I found out through an email he sent out to the teachers. I know the other teachers in the grade level I was in have already told me they are pushing for me. I already recently sent my CL and resume to the superintendent. What else do I do? I WANT THIS SO BAD! I honestly feel like I;m going to be looked over and if I dont get this job I am going to feel like such a LOSER! Should I email the principal and tell him Ive heard and express how interested I am? I know he knows I'm still looking and Ive expressed to him a bunch of times already that I would love to work there again. AHHHHH. I'm seriosuly freaking out and I kinda feel like if they are going to hire me, why havent they just went ahead and done it already! I'm only thinking bad things! Advice pleaseeeee????:help::help::help:

3. Yank7

Yank7 Habitué

Jun 25, 2009

Don't Panic.You have already made it clear that you want the job,the other teachers on the job are backing you.the principal knows the job you can do.I am afraid if you keep bothering him,he might hold it against you. The hiring procees in many cases is based on other factors out of a candidates control.Give it some time.Good Luckl!

4. mego65

mego65 Comrade

Jun 25, 2009

They usually have to follow a process, they can't just hire someone. So, keep positive and give it a little bit of time.

5. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jun 25, 2009

I know you are excited, but don't freak out too much :) I'd give it a day or two and then maybe send the P an email about hearing of the opening and expressing your interest. Then I would leave it alone and let him contact you. I'm sure you'll hear from him soon!

6. Mom2two

Mom2two Companion

Jun 25, 2009

Has the job been officially posted? I know in our district the jobs are always posted within for about a week or so. That way if anyone wants to do some shuffling, they can. After a certain amount of time it is posted publically. That might be why you have only heard about it through an e-mail that went to the teachers. That's also how we are informed about openings within. Good Luck!

7. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

Jun 25, 2009

ok this is what I was thinking too! I feel likesometimes I'm not agressive enough with the job hunting thing and I thought maybe I;m just being too timid and should just push push push but your thoughts are exactly mine so I feel better. I almost felt like maybe I WASNT trying hard enough!

8. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

Jun 25, 2009

i totally know this but its so hard to not freak out! haha im sure they will probably have to post the job and they havent done so yet(i think it may be a law that you have to? does anyone know if I'm right in this?)

9. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

Jun 25, 2009

that sounds like a good idea and I was thinking of doing just that!

10. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

Jun 25, 2009

nope nothing officially posted yet! Ive pretty much know about it for weeks but it was supposedly a "secret" that the teacher was leaving even though many people knew. so yesterday was the first day that the princiapl made it official that she will be teaching something else next year and that they dont know who will be teaching her class next year. since ive been there subbing for the past year i do get a lot of the "insider" gossip still haha which is a good thing in times like these!

11. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 25, 2009

rose~I agree with everyone...wait a few days, or until it posts, then email the P. You have a lot going for you: the grade level teachers are pushing for you, your comfortable with the grade and the school, the principal knows what you can do.

12. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jun 25, 2009

I hope that this position works out for you. Stay calm

13. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

Jun 26, 2009

this is definetely what I'm going to do. Of course its the waiting to hear ANYTHING thats killing me! but we ALL know that feeling too well!