What classroom theme did you decide to go with?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by TamiJ, Aug 11, 2012.

1. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Aug 12, 2012

No theme here, but I inadvertently ended up with a bunch of stars in my room. I just noticed that all of my bulletin board boarders have stars even though they're different colors/patterns and my homework incentive charts are also on star paper, as well as my welcome things on the front door. I might just run with it and add a few more touches with the "theme."

2. Ellensmom

Ellensmom Companion

Aug 13, 2012

I teach in a private school and our school wide theme is Growing in God's Word. So, I continued that with a garden theme. I LOVE my reading corner- It has posters of the different genres and says, "Grow your imagination with books". I have a big pot and flowers around it. I also used mostly green for the backgrounds etc. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will.

3. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Aug 13, 2012

My theme is sports and team work. For my borders around the room I have a paw print that looks like our paw prints for our district Panther. I am a huge high school and pro-sports fan and I have really wanted a team theme since I began teaching at this school, but always went with the school theme. This year I decided to do my own thing, as many of the other teachers have done that too.

4. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Aug 13, 2012

Owls using google images.

5. gutterballjen

gutterballjen Comrade

Aug 13, 2012

This is the theme I went with as well. It looks pretty good so far!

6. iteachbx

iteachbx Enthusiast

Aug 13, 2012

I'm probably just going to go with the NYC theme again this year. I don't go over the top with it, just the names of their tables and some decorations. I'd love to do something more in depth in the future.

7. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Aug 14, 2012

I don't have a theme. It seems like an awful lot of work. I make sure the room is organized, warm and inviting.