What books are you reading now or planning to read just for fun?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Caesar753, Jan 30, 2011.

1. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Feb 2, 2011

I just looked it up on my library's website. The author is Phillipa Gregory.

2. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Feb 2, 2011

I've read both of those books. Very interesting. Of course I love Phillipa Gregory and that time period.

3. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2011

We love the same authors :))) I can't wait to finish my credential this semester so I have time to read for pleasure. I plan to catch up on Evanovich and Grafton - I've fallen behind over the past few years.

4. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2011

Can't wait to check her out - thanks!

5. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Feb 3, 2011

I like her writing too. Since it is a historical novel, I am taking my time reading it to absorb the history! I am doing the same with John Adams. I think Phillipa Gregory wrote The Other Boylen Sister, which they made into a movie.

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Feb 3, 2011

She did, knitter. She has written a book on all of Henry VIII's wives except Jane Seymour.

7. stargirl

stargirl Companion

Feb 3, 2011

I'm always looking for new books to read, but somehow seem to spend a lot of time rereading old favorites.

I am currently rereading Doomesday Book by Connie Willis (time travel back to the 1500's; I don't usually care for sci/fi but I do like most of her books).

Also, rereading Daughter of the Game by Tracy Grant (because after waiting for years, she is finally having the next book in the series published! ). It's hard to describe the genre, it's sort of mix of historical/suspense/romance all mixed together in Regency England. It's a great book that has very layered characters with interesting backstories that get revealed very slowly. It was reprinted a couple of years ago in paperback with a new title (Secrets of a Lady), but is probably still in some libraries and I've seen it in used bookstores.

8. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Feb 4, 2011

I can't wait till Mary Higgins Clark's new mystery comes out in April! She has written something like 50 books--all but 2 are mysteries--and I've read them all!