What basic office supplies does your school give you?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Pisces_Fish, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jun 13, 2011

We get zilch, zero, nada. We are allotted 2,000 copies per month and the paper is provided, but that's it. I have to buy my own cursive paper, expo markers, staples, post its, whatever. We don't have a supply closet - I would looooove that! We were given $250 for next year, so I used that for some of it.

3. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jun 13, 2011

We have a supply closet with paper clips, staples, post-its, construction paper, chart paper, tape, white board markers and file folders. Sometimes something is out, but our secretary tries to keep it stocked.

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 13, 2011

We get all basic supplies from the office plus a little budget for extras and some money from the PTO.

Our office usually has electric pencil sharpeners, staplers, tape dispensers, tape, staples, pencils, highlighters, red/blue/black pens, paperclips, expo markers, erasers, etc.

We are very lucky in my district to get most of these things from the office without needing to think about them.

5. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jun 13, 2011

We get $200 a year to spend on classroom supplies. It sounds like a lot, but we also have to buy our student's supplies with that money (families don't purchase any school supplies). My school doesn't supply us with anything other than endless photocopies:D

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 13, 2011

School district supplies a generous amount of tissues, paper towels, baby wipes and ziploc bags. We get basically unlimited copies. Our faculty room has a laminator, Ellison machine, book binding machines and paper cutters. We order other supplies out of our classroom budgets, plus each teacher sends home a student supply list.

7. Em_Catz

Em_Catz Devotee

Jun 13, 2011

Let me put it this way...last month, I came to my mailbox stuffed w/a stapler, three boxes of staples, some paperclips, a pack of sentence strips, dry erase markers and a couple packs of pens that I had requested IN WRITING...wait for it...back in DECEMBER!

We start the year with nothing.

8. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Jun 13, 2011

We don't have a certain amount given each year but we are allowed to order some supplies from our district warehouse. We can get a class set of pencils, dry erase markers, highlighters, colored pencils or crayons, scissors, glue, and some construction paper and writing paper. The problem is that it's not enough to last the whole year, so that comes from my pocket.

9. flyingmickey

flyingmickey Rookie

Jun 13, 2011

At my current school we get $100 and the school provides all basic supplies.
    At my new school I get $500 but nothing is provided. I have to pay for all art supplies and everything that I may need in the class.

10. The Maestro

The Maestro Rookie

Jun 13, 2011

I have 500 copies on the RISO machine a month, and that's it. I have no supplies save what I saved up for myself over the years or what I buy.

And I teach art.

11. Em_Catz

Em_Catz Devotee

Jun 13, 2011

:yeahthat: that is AWESOME! According to Wayne Brady in a segment he did for teacher appreciation week, we spend an average of $500 out of pocket per year on student supples and things for the classroom/the kids (honestly i thought it was more).

12. Lynn K.

Lynn K. Habitué

Jun 13, 2011

We can get basic supplies from the office closet... but it's a bit of a secret... I didn't know until last year (after 10 years) that the stuff in that closet was up for grabs. I think most of us just buy what we need.

13. maya5250

maya5250 Comrade

Jun 13, 2011

I got a stapler, tape dispenser, pencils, golf pencils, highlighters, paper clips, expo markers, chalk, and other basic things. For the first half of the semester, teachers were not allowed to make copies except for one machine (the Rizo). We had to either give our stuff to the Master Teachers or the copy person. Let's say it was a major drag and we were allowed to make our own copies during the 2nd semester.

14. Lynn K.

Lynn K. Habitué

Jun 13, 2011

We're never allowed to make our own copies. I haven't made a copy in 11 years!

15. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jun 13, 2011

We couldn't make our own copies at my last school and I hated it!! There was a 2-3 day turnaround. I get a little giddy making my own copies now!

16. teacherheath

teacherheath Companion

Jun 14, 2011

We get to make copies and that includes the paper. Other than that, we had a $35 budget for supplies. I got some pencils, white board markers, and tape.

17. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Jun 14, 2011

We get copy paper, construction paper, lamination (for the laminator), poster paper (for the poster maker), and card stock all year long any time we need it.
    At the end of the previous year we do a paper order, which our school adopters cover. We used to require a $7 paper fee from students to pay for the items, but we felt that with people struggling right now we didn't want to charge the students. Our adopters stepped up and took care of the cost. With that order we get 30 dotted line elementary journals, 30 composition journals, loose paper (however much we think we need), flip charts (both big and small, lined and unlined), sentence strips, and I'm sure there is something else I can't think of right now. We order however much we think we'll need for the year, and left overs go into your count for next year.

We also get our state allotted $500 to spend.

18. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jun 14, 2011

We have pretty much unlimited supplies in our room, but we are trusted to not hoard and only use what we need. Also, we are not allowed to take a class supply from the supply room. The items are for teacher use. So, if I need 24 Expo markers for my class, I need to use my $80 budget dollars for that. But if I need 4 for myself, I can take that.

Our supply room has construction paper, poster board, cardstock, stiki clips, staples, rubber bands, pens, pencils, notebooks, binders, folders, envelopes, markers-anything! We also do not have a copy or laminating limit. We can do both on our own whenever we want, but, again, we are asked to not go overboard.

19. teacherhoosier

teacherhoosier Companion

Jun 14, 2011

I got $100 to buy supplies-going to a new school, so not sure what kinds of office supplies they provide..

20. old_School

old_School Rookie

Jun 14, 2011

If it helps I can donate some software to you and your classes. Just tell me in depth what type of programs etc would help. I can make it no prob.Software sometimes helps cut costs and expenses.

21. AndreGreen

AndreGreen Companion

Jun 14, 2011

Each year we get 2 Boxes of Tissues, a BIG Box of the Crayola Crayons, Hand Sanitizer, Chart Paper, Tape, Masking Tape, staples, a pack of paper clips, Scissors, Elmer's Glue, Construction Paper, Highlighters (3 Pack), pens, and Dixon Ticonderoga Pencils (10 Pack), and some other things if you are new to the school.

22. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Jun 14, 2011

Regular office supplies like tape, staples, paper clips, and writing paper they give us throughout the year. I always hit the back to school sales each summer for pocket folders, spiral notebooks, and things like that.

23. cmw

cmw Groupie

Jun 14, 2011

We had a sheet to fill out with tons of supplies. I was really excited b-c I had bought most of that stuff with my own money last year (since I was new). I actually needed very little with the exception of 100 pocket folders. I hope I get those. :) Last year I bought them on Amazon for around $33. We also were able to fill out POs for supplies not on the list.

24. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jun 14, 2011

Nothing.... nada, zip, zilch.