What are your professional development plans for the 'summer'?

Discussion in 'Art Teachers' started by Securis, May 19, 2010.

1. Securis

Securis Cohort

May 19, 2010

I intend to finish up some outstanding pieces. That's all a personal effort. Mid-July, I hope my district will spring for me to attend an artist colony at Tougaloo College in Jackson, MS. Fingers crossed, all I've read says it'll be fun, inspiring, and educational.

How about you?

3. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

May 19, 2010

Getting my GT Certification, taking some writing classes and spending time with my family! Now that sounds like 2 months of heaven!

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

May 19, 2010

I just signed up for 2 3-day workshops--one near my mom and one in "cottage country". Two mini-vacations for me!

5. Cerek

Cerek Aficionado

May 19, 2010

I've applied for the Summer Day Camp and 21st Century Summer Institute for our district. I'm hoping for a job with the Summer Day Camp, because that lasts longer. Either of these will give me more experience to list on a resume'.

I'll also be watching more videos and downloading webinars on Whole Brain Teaching to learn as much as I can about using that teaching method.

Finally, I need to be looking at the Praxis II for Middle School Science and Social Studies so I can hopefully add one or both of those certifications to my list.

6. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

May 21, 2010

My professional development plans include learning how to take care of a newborn baby. I've cleared my schedule for that undertaking :)

7. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

May 21, 2010

I'm going to a technology workshop. The rest of the PD offered by my district are during times when I'm working.

8. Emily Bronte

Emily Bronte Groupie

May 22, 2010

My PD are three days in August working on what's "in" in the field of reading.

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 23, 2010

I have a walking tour of NYC right after ends which counts as PD...so many links to history, art, writing, math...that will be fun.

I'm changing grade levels so I'll spend some time familiarizing myself with new curriculum for next year.

other than that:
    beach days
    gardening
    museums
    house stuff (painting, organizing...)
    working out

...and a getaway vaca in August with dh and sons.

10. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

May 23, 2010

What grade are you teaching next year, czacza?

11. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 23, 2010

I'm going up one grade to third...I'll be able to keep some of my kids.:p Part of a domino effect, population bubble, retirements, maternity leaves...My new grade level partners have been most welcoming and wonderful.

12. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 26, 2010

...oh and I want to learn how to hit a bucket of golf balls. I DON'T want to golf...I just want to 'drive'....hit a bucket of balls once a week....DH is taking me this weekend for the first time...wish me luck. I'm highly motivated.

13. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

May 26, 2010

Writing curriculum and assessment for the school district since the state has decided to not have certain assessments due to budget concerns. Now's our chance to see if we can create an assessment for special ed that meets their IEP goals as well as a more realistic writing curriculum and assessment guideline. I'm looking forward to it.

14. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

May 26, 2010

I'm going to kick back in a comfy lounger with a nice cool glass of iced tea and watch the lawn care man practice his professional development on my lawn.

15. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

May 26, 2010

Sounds good to me! I would watch a handsome guy anyday!! ;)

16. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 27, 2010

They aren't all handsome....:eek:

17. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

May 28, 2010

I've got a busy schedule this summer. The week after school is out I'm doing a Science Curriculum day, Daily 5 day, Mastery Math (I'm rewriting all our tests), and a 21st Century Learners workshop. After VBS week mom and I will be taking a 2 week long trip up north to visit my brother and his family. When I get back I'm turning right around to go to a week long gender-specific training at the Gurian Institute. The following 2 weeks I'm teaching Summer School. After that I'm traveling down south for a day of literature training. The next week we're back on contract and doing our 60 hours through the school.
    Yeah, I'm a little busy. I hope I have time to read my summer list!