What are your plans for Summer vacation?

Discussion in 'Montessori Archives' started by Pattypoo, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Pattypoo

Pattypoo Comrade

Apr 19, 2005

Yes, I know that it is only April 19th, but we don't have that much longer to go! Isn't April and May two of the slowest months? LOL Not much planned with me. I am going to try and remake some of my works. Especially grammar boxes. Does anyone have any good resources? I found some excellent works at montessorimaterials.org. That place has been such an excellent resource for me! I look forward to hearing from you! :)

3. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Apr 19, 2005

Well lucky me I have my spring break next week. I am headed to Miami for a few days with a friend.
    But this summer is the 1st one in 2 years where I don;t have to take any grad school classes. I am thrilled but need to find something to occupy my time with. I am afriad if I don't work I will be bored. Hopefully I will have a new job and I will be getting ready for that.
    But other than that I will be headed to the Jersey shore for some trips and I am going to Aruba w/ my mom. We go away every year together and it is important I keep this tradition w/ her.

4. Pattypoo

Pattypoo Comrade

Apr 19, 2005

Lucky you! I am sure you will have a great time.

5. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Apr 19, 2005

I have typed the entire neinhaus grammar boxes into a microsoft word doc. I have made the ENTIRE lesson, lot of prep work but once its done, mmmmmm! Actually used the comparative of adjectives box (think it was IIIF) today with my traditional classroom!
    Let me know if you want me to send it to you)

6. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 19, 2005

Still work this summer(daycare/Preschool)......but lots of time off in June....a couple of weddings, son's graduation to celebrate, and lots of time with my adorable grandson...now that's what I call a great time....don't need to "travel" to have a nice time.

7. ellen_a

ellen_a Groupie

Apr 20, 2005

I'm going home to run a residential summer camp for SPED kids and adults. Ahhhh. Talk about stress.

8. Pattypoo

Pattypoo Comrade

Apr 20, 2005

MommarRuthie, Yes Please email me the file.

I sent you a private message with my email. Thanks so much for the offer. It is certainly going to make my work much easier this summer.

9. flowerfreak

flowerfreak Rookie

Apr 20, 2005

My kids (ages 26, 22, and 18) and I are all going to Disney World for 8 days the end of May. I'm soooo excited! I went to summer school last summer so I don't need to go this summer. I will stay home and work in my yard and flower beds. Go wedding dress shopping with my daughter, stay with my mother for a while, and before I know it, school will be in full swing again!

10. ViolaSwamp

ViolaSwamp Habitué

Apr 20, 2005

Oh, I was thinking that sounded like fun! I guess "running" it makes it stressful though.

11. Robust Readers

Robust Readers New Member

Apr 20, 2005

Help!

Hi, I have just registered. I don't know how to use it all just yet but it is looking great. I would like to know how to make a new post. I can read those posted and reply but how do I send my own new post. I am very interested in getting connecting my students with other students in a penpal setting. Is anyone out there doing this or have any ideas to direct me in the right direction. I am a Title 1 teacher, working with readers in grades 2-4. Please anybody reply. Thank you Make it a great day!

12. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 20, 2005

To post a new thread (topic of conversation), go to AtoZ teacher forums, choose an appropriate form and click on it, click on Post New Thread at the top left by the pencil, and go from there. Welcome! You might want to visit the forum about hints for using the site.

13. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Apr 20, 2005

I'm working as a sub for our summer school program... also hoping to do some tutoring/babysitting/respite/etc...

I'm spending a week doing a Habitat for Humanity blitzbuild with a bunch of other alums from my campus misistry back at school (goal is foundation to enclosed walls and roof in a week... we can do it!), and hoping to go on a coaster vacation with my boyfriend's family... other than that, um... finding a new job sounds like a good summer plan! ;)

14. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Apr 20, 2005

Yup, same here on finding a new job! :) :p

15. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 20, 2005

Tutoring, twice a week, as many students as possible. I don't get a salary in summer. Ugh.

16. KellBell

KellBell New Member

May 19, 2005

Hello! I am a homeschooling mom of four, and the grammar boxes were on my list of pojects to complete this summer, as I know there is no way I could afford to buy them ready-made. Mommaruthie, is there any way you would consider sending me this file? I do realize you don't know me from Adam, LOL, but it would be such a huge help for this financially-and-creatively challenged mom!!! Please consider it. Thank you!

Kelly
    HSing Momma of four amazing kids + three other sweet kids

17. diggerdeb

diggerdeb Comrade

May 31, 2005

I'm curious and nosey :)
    Kelly-Do you have seven children?
    Four amazing and three sweet?
    Wow!-That's great!