What are your favorite brand of jeans?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by MissFrizzle, Dec 8, 2007.

1. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Dec 8, 2007

Hi Ladies,

I am curious as to your favorite brand of jeans.... I usually shop at NY and Co... I like their stuff. I am petite and thier proportions are right on.

So do share some stores and brands you like.

3. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Dec 8, 2007

I'm waiting for the responses....I have the hardest time with jeans. I have a tiny waist and, shall we say, ample hips, so I have a hard time with fit. I haven't tried NY&Co yet....perhaps a shopping trip is in order.

4. Mamacita

Mamacita Aficionado

Dec 8, 2007

My favorite brand of anything? "Clearance."

5. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Dec 8, 2007

:D this is true.

6. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Dec 8, 2007

Mine...my handy-me-ups from younger sis. She buys a lot of different styles. I have to say I like the Lucky brand. (I think she buys them at a store for cheaper TJ Max or something like that). There's another one that fits me good as well...I'll have to look at the tag!!!

I used to be a Levi's girl, but have found I like the ones that sit lower on the hips more comfy (not the low riders).

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 8, 2007

Gap is usually good for me.

I admit to having a pair each of Joes and True Religion...Pricey if you pay full price...I have a 'friend' in the city who hooked me up with some for much less.... Do have to wear long shirts with though- I'm not one of those thong thong thong showing kinds!!:whistle:

8. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Dec 8, 2007

I hate low rise.... I think mid rise is much better.

9. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Dec 8, 2007

I hear Joes and True Religion are great!!!!!!!! What stores carry them???

10. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

11. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Dec 8, 2007

I only buy Express jeans anymore.

I used to sometimes buy jeans at Aeropostale when they were on sale, but they don't fit my butt!

I have a small waist, but a gigantic butt!!! And I don't want my undies hanging out!!

So now I save my money, do laundry more often, and have a few pairs of nice, but pricey, jeans.

12. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Dec 8, 2007

Wow, I just looked at Czacza's links!

I guess Express isn't that pricey after all!!!

13. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 8, 2007

I usually wouldn't pay $55 for a pair of jeans either but comparatively speaking, they were bargains!! (and they look great!)

14. cd4298

cd4298 Rookie

Dec 8, 2007

My favorites are Bandolino Blue. I have an hourglass figure even though I'm a 12/14. They fit great just below the waist and have just enough stretch to be comfortable. They are about $30, so very affordable!

15. KLily21

KLily21 Companion

Dec 9, 2007

I like Express jeans the best. Although I just bought a pair I really like at Old Navy for much cheaper than Express. They are the "Flirt" style- not too low rise.

I don't know about any of you, but I HATE the "skinny jeans" style. Mostly because I don't have extremely thin legs.:lol:

16. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 9, 2007

I think the most flattering style of jeans are dark denim, bootleg, & stretch. DKNY has all the characteristics I'm looking for & the price doesn't break the bank.

17. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Dec 9, 2007

I like Gap and Banana Republic jeans to be the best. I only have one pair of BR jeans and I found them on sale for like 30 or 40 bucks last year. I love them...and will buy more when I see their jeans on sale (the jeans there, along with everything else are expensive).
    I did treat my self to a pair of Lucky Jeans (with a gift card I had) from bloomies......I do like them.....don't know that I would treat myself without a gift card again though!

18. dianafish

dianafish Rookie

Dec 9, 2007

I like Old Navy and NY&Co. being tall I need the tall versions. A lot of places don't cater to tall people. Now my issue is shirts! I need long sleeve shirts that actually cover to my wrists.

19. Maithal

Maithal Cohort

Dec 9, 2007

I'm quite petite, and I get my jeans at Kohls or Macys junior section (ok that shows I'm very very tiny). I really, really, really like ANGEL brand jeans. They are terrific, and I'm so glad I descovered them.

Some of their jeans have glitter and embellishments, but every once in awhile I find jeans that are more simple. They are the first jeans that fit my hip and hug at my butt area.

So if you are petite like me, it's worth a try to look for "ANGEL" jeans found at the Junior section. Plus, they are about $30 at the most sometimes even cheaper! :)

20. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Dec 9, 2007

I'm 5'10" and wear a tall. So I struggle to find jeans. The only jeans that I've ever found that fit me well are designer jeans. I used to wear Tommy Hilfiger. A couple months ago I discovered DKNY at Macy's. LOVE THEM! Yes, they're $50-$60 a pair, but when you struggle like I do it's well worth the money. Donna Karan is a generous woman. Her sizes run big so according to DKNY I've gone down 2 sizes. It makes me feel pretty darn good even if it isn't 100% accurate. :)

21. merigold78

merigold78 Cohort

Dec 9, 2007

i think that gap jeans-actually all of their pants-are GREAT. i also like banana republic but it's so expensive! i think the gap has better sales. i would love to splurge for a pair of true designer jeans....nothing is better than jeans that fit and look good! but my husband is currently monitoring my budget (or lack there of). don't you wish we could wear jeans to school??!!

-meri

22. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Dec 9, 2007

I've never liked jeans because they just don't fit me correctly. I've always had to buy jeans that were "close enough" because nothing else worked. I've had fairly decent luck with LEI, some styles of Old Navy, and some Levi's some New York & Company.

Then I gained weight--lots of weight--on medication and gave up on jeans completely. Then Lane Bryant introduced "Right Fit" jeans. They have them in three cuts, three lengths, and three fits. When they asked me if I'd tried them, I told them I hated jeans. They asked me why and I told them . . . I have short legs--28" inseam on a 5'7" body--narrrow hips & thighs, and a large waist. I couldn't believe they had jeans for that!

They're the first jeans that have actually fit my waist without being baggy in the butt! Even the short is a bit long, but not bad if I wear a taller shoe.

I ended up with three pairs of them! I have one regular light colored jean and two very dark washes. I wear the dark ones to work fairly often.

23. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Dec 9, 2007

My jeans all come from WalMart. I used to buy the Just My Size jeans (love them) and have some of the White Stag. I like the fit, they are comfortable, and most importantly, they are cheap. As rough as I am on jeans, cheap works.

24. shantroy

shantroy Rookie

Dec 10, 2007

I live in jeans! If I'm not meeting with a client I can wear them to the office! My favourites are Seven, Citizens for all Humanity and Paper Demin. I just bought a pair of Paige demin corduroys and I LOVE them. My butt has never looked so good (some of my co-workers even commented on good lookingness of my buttocks!) And man are they comfy!!!

25. Learner4Life

Learner4Life Cohort

Dec 10, 2007

I used to love Old Navy jeans but they just revamped their style and somehow my thighs don't want to fit in them anymore, even their flare style... I have one dark pair of the "flirts" but this post was good because I'm looking for some new ones...

26. Carmen13

Carmen13 Groupie

Dec 10, 2007

me too:blush:

27. Carmen13

Carmen13 Groupie

Dec 10, 2007

I agree. My sister gave me a couple of pairs and they fit nicely.

28. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Dec 10, 2007

I keep hearing good things about Sevens, and Citizens for Humanity. I am short, but curvy... so the typical petite lenghth is great, but for those of us who are hippy:p it just isn't working. NY and Co. has been the best so far. Old Navy I don't like at all. They fall off me. I've tried several different sizes. :rolleyes:

I am making a list of all your recommendations. Thanks Girls!!!:D

29. MissBee06

MissBee06 Rookie

Dec 10, 2007

I was an Old Navy girl, but when they changed their styles they didn't fit so well. I actually found a pair at Target that I LOVE!!! They are a dark wash trouser cut and they are the most flattering pair that I've had in awhile. So I bought another pair.:wub:

30. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Dec 10, 2007

My cousin just bought these... They look great!

31. kidsalot

kidsalot Comrade

Dec 11, 2007

I'm very small - size 0 or 00 - and never find jeans to fit. They are either too large or have many sparkles . Any help out there?

32. eduk8r

eduk8r Enthusiast

Dec 11, 2007

GAP 1969 long & lean flare. Love the fit.

33. eduk8r

eduk8r Enthusiast

Dec 11, 2007

I just got some for my youngest at Aeropstale (sp?) She's very tiny, 4'11" and about 90 lbs. No sparkles or flowers. :)

34. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Dec 11, 2007

I'm jeaulous of you size 0 's :p

35. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Dec 11, 2007

ImaTeacher, I like Lane Bryant as well. I am a blue - smaller waist and monsterous hips. :)

However, I don't like how they resized things...I am typically a 14-16 (okay, so a 16) but now I'm a Blue, Size 1 at Lane Bryant. It just seems so stupid to even say, "Yes, I need a size one please."

I hate stretch jeans. Regular jeans pulled me in a bit in the belly, but now all these darn stretch jeans "gently" curve around my stomach and show the "is that the start of a baby-pooch pooch?" thing, which is gross (because I've never been pregnant).

36. MissBee06

MissBee06 Rookie

Dec 13, 2007

Sorry, but I can't wear Lane Bryant jeans. They have always fit me funny since I am very short waisted.When they changed their fits and sizing I got all excited thinking that I would try them. Nope, now they fit worse then before. :|

37. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 13, 2007

You are? I personally love being curvy! (Baby got back...) :lol:

38. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Dec 13, 2007

I have a hard time finding jeans that are long enough! I have a small waist, but long legs and they do not make many jeans with small waists and long legs. I have had the most success with Aeropostale jeans and Silvers. Aeropostale's "longs" are actually long enough. Silver jeans tags have the waist and length in inches, so it is easy to find a match.

39. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Dec 13, 2007

I really hate shopping - really! I was in deep need of jeans and checked out the Riders at WalMart...believe me; they fit me really well; I was so pleased I've purchased 3 so far - in different shades. The price is great too - under $20!

I heard Old Navy has great ones too at a good price. I might have to drop in there.

40. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Dec 13, 2007

Love Lane Bryant, too! Just bought a new pair today. I love saying I wear a size 5. bahahahaha. (I am a blue, too.) Must be "teacher butt" or something

41. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Dec 13, 2007

I love Old Navy's tops and skirts, but I HATE their pants. Every single pair I've gotten (most through gifts) never fit on me right. Too big in one area and too tight in another and they were always too short on me.

I've also fell in love, just recently, with Express. I always thought they were too expensive, but I've decided that I really NEEDED a nice pair of jeans. The first jean I bought from there was not flared enough for me. The second pair is perfect.

I've also got some really nice pairs from Target a couple of years ago that I still have. I haven't bought any since, but I still love them.

I have such a miserable time finding jeans that fit on me. I have a skinny waist and hips and it's so hard to find jeans that fit this part. Then, when I find jeans that do fit, they smoosh my butt.