What are you thankful for?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by bonneb, Oct 17, 2011.

1. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Oct 17, 2011

After reading of so many feeling down about teaching, jobs, students, and physical health problems, I thought I would get our Thanksgiving post started early!

How about getting some positive thoughts out there for us all to think about?

I have sooooooo much to be thankful for:

-my good relationship with DH
    -my DD who is very loving and respectful, healthy, and who has an awesome group of healthy, loving friends
    -my health, which is improving daily
    -my job - though not perfect, I am thankful for a group of kiddos that is one of those awesome groups that comes along every so often; thankful for my coworkers who are very caring
    -the beautiful place I live, and for my home
    -my dog
    -the gorgeous Autumn we are having!
    -the Creator, who is active in blessing my life

-I am thankful for this site, where I can share thoughts and where so many of you have supported me through difficult times. :hugs:
    Please share! We need some positive thoughts. :)

3. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Oct 17, 2011

I am thankful for

-God's love and protection
    -My beautiful family
    -A great career that I love
    -The privilege to experience living in another country
    -My sister
    -My husband's love for me
    -My friends
    -A bright future

I am sure there are many other things I am leaving out.

4. Unbeknownst

Unbeknownst Cohort

Oct 17, 2011

I am thankful for

-Getting a wife with a great head on her shoulders
    -Lovely in-laws (weird ... I know)
    -A Job
    -A Job where I'm appreciated
    -God giving me wisdom (not to be confused with intelligence :))
    -Summer being over
    -My well-behaved Schnauzer I can show off
    -Living in America
    -My long-awaited "boy toy" is in the mail and being delivered today

Love Life :)

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 17, 2011

A loving husband.

Three fabulous kids

My mom, my late dad, my wonderful siblings and their families. Family is so amazingly important, and I've been more than blessed in that area.

My health.

The gift of faith.

My nation. And for all the people who have, and who continue to give so much so that my family and I can be free.

My job. I would be thankful enough to have any job in this economy, but I'm in a school where I'm appreciated and treated incredibly well.

The decision to teach. I love what I do.

The fact that I have food and shelter and clothing, where so much of the planet doesn't.

And then the little things:
    - thunderstorms, snowstorms... I'm a total weather geek
    - Peanut butter, lobster, and Entenmann's crumb cake.
    - the wonderful beaches near my home. I miss the beach during the winter.
    - Hot, hazy, humid summer days.
    - a good glass of wine
    - babby babble. I love hearing it in the malls or restaurants.
    - Disney World
    - a hot shower.
    -

6. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Oct 17, 2011

My loving, patient, sweet husband.
    A nation where I can live freely and make my own choices. And Those who fight for that right.

My family (including my in-laws! :))

Few good friends.

Job where I am valued, great relationships with my coworkers, supportive admin and doing what I have always wanted! :)

A safe place to live.

Clean water and plenty of food.

Laughter.

Rainy days.

Sunrise/Sunsets

Being loved by my Creator!

And so much more! :)

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 17, 2011

First & foremost, God's blessings to allow me to have everything I have! Once I say that, that includes everything (new job, family, boyfriend, sound mind, body, roof over my head, etc., etc.).

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 17, 2011

Great husband
    Caring sons
    My parents
    Real, true friends
    Extended family
    My home
    Health
    A fulfilling career
    Freedom
    Liberty

9. GAteacher87

GAteacher87 Companion

Oct 18, 2011

Yay! I love the idea of this thread!

My health--Overall, I am super healthy and have a body that allows me to do what I do every day. (Today, I'm a bit under the weather, but this is normally true.)

MY JOB--I am so beyond grateful. It has its true challenges, but I am up for meeting them. :)

My students--I love that I get the opportunity to be in their lives.

My courage--I do what I'm afraid to do, and it is a constant choice I make. There are many ways in which I could have taken the easy route, but I am happy that I chose not to do so.

Love--I feel like there is a lot of love in the world, and I am lucky to be in a situation where I can find that love again in my life. (I just made a very, very difficult decision to end an 8-year relationship. I know it was the right one, but it is hard nonetheless.)

Being financially independent--WOO HOO!!

Being free to make mistakes and learn from them--Enough said.

Music that soothes me and motivates me--Without it, it would be a lot more difficult to start and end my days.

WORDS, WORDS, WORDS--As a busy first-year teacher who has a lot going on professionally and personally, I have not been able to read as much as I have wanted to, but there is nothing better than getting into a great book. :)

Gratitude--I'm grateful that I can see the joy and be grateful for it, because so many people struggle with this and only see the negative.

Last but CERTAINLY not least--My sense of spirituality and purpose in the world. I find comfort and wisdom in knowing that there is a divine creator who wants us to be happy and to spread it to others. I feel a tug of faith and motivation and leaning in my intuition, and it always guides me correctly. :)

10. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Oct 23, 2011

I am thankful God sent me my Sweets. That's the term of endearment we use most. He's not perfect, but he treats me.....well, like a princess. He is a very hard worker, honest, and a wonderful father to his boys. He is the man I think any woman would want to be with.

11. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Oct 23, 2011

(1) My family. We get on each other's nerves, but we're always there for each other, no matter what. I couldn't ask for better, and I love them all so much.

(2) More specifically, my little boy. I can't remember life without him. He's a handful 90% of the time, and is definitely testing his boundaries, but he makes me laugh and smile. I love him so much, he's my life. :)

(3) Our jobs. DH and I don't have a lot of money left over at the end of the month, and we really have to budget, but all the bills are paid on time. We're able to provide for our son. Sometimes it's a little depressing not being able to give him everything we want to, but he's got the basics and lots of love. :blush: And, believe it or not, I'm thankful to teach. I know I do lots of whining, complaining, and moaning, but I've done some soul searching and decided to hang in there. There's really nothing I would rather do.

(4) My coworkers. We're always there for each other in and out of the classroom. Support has been a big thing so far this year with so many changes, so I'm really lucky to have them.

(5) People who fight for my freedom. They sacrifice so much, as do their families.

Seriousness aside:

(1) Tylenol. My little boy is teething, so...

(2) Talledega Nights: The Legend of Ricky Bobby. One of my all time favorite movies. I'm watching it instead of cleaning house. :p

(3) Diet Coke. Love it.

(4) Grocery Store Sales. Saves lots of $$

(5) White Out. Oopsies gone.

Beth

12. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Oct 23, 2011

1. A wonderful DH who brings me home surprises, helps with the housework, and gets up with the dog on weekend mornings!

2. Being finished (for now...) remodeling the house, done with the nightmare of the renovation loan - no more fighting with the bank

3. A job/school/class I love, finally feeling like I know WHAT I'm doing each day, and people having enough faith in me to give me a student teacher!

4. A yoga teacher that comes TO MY HOUSE and forces me to stretch away my stress, whether I'm in the mood to or not!

5. My goofy dog, who is always underfoot!

6. Diet coke. Gallons and gallons of diet coke!

7. Finally being somewhat financially ok! Not having to check the bank acct before heading to the grocery store! Having two incomes and not spending my WHOLE paycheck at Home Depot every month!

13. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Oct 25, 2011

God, and all the blessings He has given me,which are too numerous to mention! However a few are the following:
    My husband, my best friend
    My son
    My family-those still with me, and those who have passed on
    My job, and the ability to pay bills
    My dogs
    My ability to read and write!

I kept a gratitude journal several years ago, and every night I would write down 5 things that I was grateful for that day. (got the idea from Oprah). Anyway, I never should have given that up! It was a wonderful way to reflect on the day. And even on those miserable days, i found 5 things I was grateful for!

14. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Oct 25, 2011

So, so many things, but at this very moment I am so thankful to be able to buy things I "need" without consulting the bank account. Money isn't everything, I know, but I appreciate not having the stress of stretching things until payday. When I hear friends and family saying things like (to their spouses), " What?! You payed the electric bill already? That money won't be there until Friday!" it just makes me aware of what I have.

15. fast chalk

fast chalk Comrade

Oct 25, 2011

my husband
    my daughters
    my mum
    my dad
    my dog
    my mother in law
    my best friend and my friends
    my job
    my husband´s job