What are you supposed to do?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by matteo49, Jul 10, 2009.

1. matteo49

matteo49 Rookie

Jul 10, 2009

I've been looking since January. It took me until May to even get a phone interview. Then in June I had a request for an interview that they called me later to tell me it was filled before I even interviewed.

Finally, I think things are turning up. In two days I get a call for four different interviews. Two phone interviews (since they are too far to travel) and two in-person interviews. Three of the interviews went really well. One of them didn't even call me for the interview (how rude?)

All three of the interviews were for jobs I would be very grateful to take and they all said they would be making a decision "within the week"....well, I haven't heard back from them at all. It's been over a week. I've tried contacting them and keep getting voicemail or no response through e-mail. And all of these schools start the first week of August. One of the P's is even on vacation for a week. Seriously. What am I to do?

I honestly thought that it wouldn't be THIS hard to get a job. I'm still applying all over the place, but I'm afraid I'll hear a few days before school even starts. How are you supposed to pack up your life and move that quickly? Oi.

Just needed to vent, I guess, lol.

3. jw13

jw13 Groupie

Jul 10, 2009

Sorry to hear that you are still waiting. I hope you get some good news soon.

4. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2009

I hope things look up for you. I really admire those of you who want to teach so bad that you are willing to move to wherever you get a job. Now that's devotion. You'll make a great teacher!

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 11, 2009

I'm sorry you haven't gotten any news. Hopefully it's just a matter of other things coming up and getting the Ps busy and they call this week.

6. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 11, 2009

:unsure:Hang in there. It is only mid July. Many people get hired much later. I know the fact that you have to move is a huge concern. I have a friend and her husband was offered a job on a Wednesday. She lined up an apartment sight unseen but recommended by the head of his HR on the phone. They drove from Ohio to Texas on THAT Friday pulling a UHaul truck behind them. They were on the 3rd floor and had to cart all their stuff that they COULD by themselves up 3 flights. They put the larger stuff in storage until they made some friends that could help them move it in. It can be done. It can be done quickly. Now my friend has a job too and will start on Monday. They made a friend at the apartment and are now sleeping on their bed and not just their mattress. It can work in a short amount of time. You just need a little faith. I KNOW that is not ideal. But it can be done.

7. Simba

Simba Comrade

Jul 11, 2009

I know it's hard and you are not the only one out there that is frustrated.

Please feel free to vent away.

Hang in there and good luck!!

8. justfluttering

justfluttering Rookie

Jul 11, 2009

My vent is that by hiring teachers at the last moment, we are given zero time to prepare. I am a science teacher. I have applied from 7th grade integrated science all the way to 10th grade biology and physical science for 8th grade. My only decision has been to just make very general science lesson plans for the first two weeks of school. I have no idea what I could possible be hired for. Last year I was offered an English long term sub job! I would be lost teaching English unless I could do all science fiction and non-fiction!