Discussion in 'Preschool' started by WaProvider, Jun 29, 2009.
Jun 29, 2009
What are you planning to differently, or keep the same, this year?
I'm going from 12 children to at least 23 (as of today)! I guess I'm doing a whole lot more crowd control! )
I am planning on more hands-on, get up and move out of your seats activities for social studies and language arts. More cooperative group activities, too, as our group this year had major social difficulties with each other.
This was my first year in a private preschool. I have a huge list. Number one is that I will incorporate a lot more parent involvement this year. Maybe even some field trips!
Wow what a jump in numbers!
I am planning more healthy cooking experiences and more gross motor activities for the next group of kids.
I'll have lots of changes next year:
1. I'm adding a full day program in addition to the 2 half day programs.
2. I've added Handwriting without Tears
3. I've switched from Zoo-Phonics to Alpha-Friends (which our Kindergarten uses)
4. I've added Every Day in Pre-K Math
5. I've added a new religion program.
6. I'm taking 3 1/2 year olds in addition to 4 year olds.
Things the same will be:
1. The class schedule
2. The Learning Centers
Jun 30, 2009
Ahhhhh the question that I've been waiting for. I would love to do:
1. longer concepts. My kids would love it if we just didnt leave our concept hanging.
2. Homework calendars. It saves paper and i really love it.
3. My team of teachers
4. PARENT INVOLVEMENT!!!! i want to do literacy and math nights, More waiting, parent waiting in the class, secret santa, so many things sooooo many things.
Jul 1, 2009
Tell me your plans for Literacy/Math nights. The campus does it for the older grades, but now we are being asked to host for PreK on the same night.
Jul 2, 2009
I would love to do more cooking/food prep with my class this year. We've done it before, but need to include more since the children love it.
Jul 7, 2009
I'm up for a lot of changes as I am moving from Early Pre-School (3s) to Pre-K. I'm going throught he "I don't know if I can do this " phase right now-but I actually worked as a co-teacher in kindergarten and Pre-K for many years so I know I can, Ijsut have to take a couple of weeks to change my mind set---for the most part I will have some of the same kids I had this year so I have a good idea of where they are at and can continuefom there!
Right now a few of my goals are:
1) be more consitant with incorporting music and movement into the daily routine
2) more math activities
3) fewer centers (due to space issues in new room) but more versatility and more swapping out
Jul 8, 2009
Is the less space and more frequency of changing materials that's so challenging for me.
Jul 9, 2009
I'm planning on cracking down on all the biters that come from the infant room and introducing potty a lot more consistently.
Jul 17, 2009
I am planning on getting rid of what we never use, i moved about a month into school, and the other teacher left a lot of great stuff and a lot of junk. I need to clean out!!
Separate names with a comma.