What Are You Obsessed With?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 6, 2009

I'm not talking about obsessed to the point of needing psychological help, but something or things you really, really like a LOT! :D

I really, really, really like circular & sphere-shaped items & if they're colorful or silver, all the better! For example, between a round face watch or a square one, I'll take the round one. I like round tables, round shaped earrings. I like cars that have a round shape as opposed to a boxy shape.

I love the color royal blue! If that's a choice amongst other colors, you better believe I'll choose that!

Also, I gotta have my Jamba Juice Matcha Green Tea Blast smoothie!

3. heymiss

heymiss Comrade

Aug 6, 2009

I'm currently obsessed with...getting a job.

Other than that, my dog is totally the light of my life. I'm sorry to say that if forced to choose between my dog and my boyfriend of 3 years, it's the dog, no hesitation. Is that sad?

I am also crazy about sweet tea from McAlister's Deli. SO GOOD.

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 6, 2009

Good luck w/ your job quest!

I don't think that's strange all all regarding you choosing your dog. There's a reason they call dogs man's best friend...& women's!

5. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Aug 6, 2009

Tea. Earl Grey, especially, and hot with sugar and light cream. I'll go well out of my way to get to my favorite AM tea stop, and I also like tea pots and books about tea.

Kim

6. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 6, 2009

Crepes with strawberry jam and homemade whip cream. When I make a batch, it's all I can think about. Same with my scones.

I'm also obsessed with books. It's hard to walk past a bookstore without making a purchase, even though I have THOUSANDS in my condo at the moment. I would bath in books if I could. I have one or two with me at ALL times. I forgot my book in the car tonight when I went to my eye appointment, and I think I was shaking by the time I got there. I had to call dh and tell him to bring it to me. When I talk with people, books is one of the first things I ask them about.

7. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Aug 6, 2009

I am obsessed with my favorite color lime green, lime green Volkswagen bugs- I want to test drive one (it must be lime green- no exceptions!) and always have! (although I would probably never buy one- I much prefer my truck!), and hand cream. It has to be creamy hand cream- not liquid drippy lotion! I guess my pets too- my dog and two cats- well only one cat is mine and he is tops. I love my Monkey!

8. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Aug 7, 2009

Currently, space. I watch the NASA channel likes it's my job.

What did I do with myself before Space Camp???

9. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Aug 7, 2009

Hey! That's what *I* was going to say. it's nearly my everything at this point. I have turned down family /friends/nearly EVERYTHING to do one more application-prepare another packet-search for another listing.

10. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Aug 7, 2009

11. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Aug 7, 2009

Raspberry vanilla soy lattes and Chanel nail polish.

Lately though, I am reading up obsessively on the Harley I will buy soon*. Even my dad (the one who got me into this stuff in the first place) is sick of hearing me yammer on about it. I moved on to my mom, but she tells me to go talk to my dad. Friends just want to tell me they all PERSONALLY know 20000 people who were killed while sitting on a parked bike minding their own business because everyone knows only idiots and insane people ride motorcycles. :lol:

* not nearly soon enough

12. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Aug 7, 2009

mollydoll,
    We own a Harley, and we are not insane or an idiot!!
    To us, the insane and idiots are the non-riding people who don't know how to share the road...we have a 2004 Fatboy. We downsized from a 2006 Streetglide-we didn't need something that big for the riding we do. I am the expert passenger!
    As for my obsessions: Baked Sour Cream and Cheddar potato chips, AtoZ forums, HGTV channel, The Twilight series.

13. Major

Major Connoisseur

Aug 7, 2009

• History - especially Texas History (in particular the Alamo), the American Revolution, the Civil War
    • Advanced Math (I'm obssessed with the concept of seismic deconvolution)
    • Competing (and winning). I have to work on the winning part. Often I think of 2nd place as the first loser.
    • Physical fitness - I workout to a fault. Need to slow down, but I can't.
    • Texas Longhorns, Dallas Cowboys
    • The Great Outdoors - mountains, streams, horses, bears, jeep trails, etc
    • Living on the edge
    • Self defense and protecting my family

14. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Aug 7, 2009

- Books... like Jem, there is no such thing as too many!
    - Gator football - live it, breathe it, love it.
    - My kitty - the most adorable, psychotic feline in the world
    - Brand-new socks. They are the best thing in the world.
    - Glee. I loved the first episode and can't wait for more... though I was most sincerely grateful to learn the football-player is over 18. Otherwise, watching that shower scene would be so, so wrong on my part.
    - New dough tricks - I'm practicing spinning a pizza on the back of my hand and it's not working too well right now.

15. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 7, 2009

Shoes

16. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

Aug 7, 2009

Chocolate -- I have to have a little bit everyday. Doesn't have to be a ton, but if I don't have a bit of chocolate, I feel like something is missing. :lol:

Music. I almost always have a running track of music inside my head if it's not playing in real life.

Soft things -- soft clothing, soft bed sheets, soft fabrics in general.

:)

17. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Aug 7, 2009

I'm hoping to get a 2009 or 2010 Super Glide; maybe a Street Bob. (I'll concede that some of those 19 yr olds on liter bikes are insane idiots: you know, the ones in shorts and flip flops who weave in and out of heavy traffic at 90?)

18. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Aug 7, 2009

Good list. I want to get back into making truffles. Mmmm. Chocolate. I haven't been able to afford any for a while.

19. Alesia

Alesia Companion

Aug 7, 2009

I'm obsessed with the color green, sharpies (and other school/office supplies) and the show Gangland (although it scares the crap out of me).

20. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Aug 7, 2009

Right now, it is pictures by Billy Jacobs. I got several for my birthday, and spent time today trying to decide where to hand them!

21. Teach'em

Teach'em Companion

Aug 7, 2009

pedicures, purses, organizing, teacher resource books, taking cool pictures with my d40...

22. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Aug 7, 2009

I like this thread :)
    I'm pretty much obsessed with...
    books
    polka dots
    starbucks peppermint white chocolate mochas
    chocolate of all kids
    anything teaching related

That about covers it.

23. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Aug 7, 2009

Walking again.

Once I can walk again, I'll probably obsess on getting my house back in order and making good grades since it has been a long time since I was the student.

24. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 8, 2009

chebrutta-I LOVE new socks!! I collect ones with crazy 'stuff' on them. There are two sock shops in dh's hometown, and I always get a pair when I visit.

Czacza-I need to get some shoe advice from you. My student pointed out today that I've worn the same pair of shoes everytime I've seen her this summer. I told her I only have one pair, and she balked. I felt pretty small....

25. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Aug 8, 2009

Reading has once again become a big obsession of mine, oh, how I missed reading! I read the entire Twilight series (also an obsession) in 4 days. I am also currently obsessing over State Farm Ins. paperwork, getting my house jsut the way I want it to be, and getting ready for the school year.

26. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

Aug 8, 2009

:agreed: Same here!

27. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Aug 8, 2009

-Big Brother
    -Farm Town on Facebook
    -Laura Ingalls Wilder
    -Miniature Tea Sets

28. Starista

Starista Cohort

Aug 8, 2009

I am obsessed with chapstick! Lipbalms of any flavor ~ yum!

I can't be without it!

In fact, one of my second grade boys gave me 5 new lip balms from Bath & Body Works as an end-of-year gift! His mom told me that he was worried I'd run out of lip balm over the summer!!! :)

29. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 8, 2009

OK, so let's talk!! What are you wearing? What are your shoe 'vibes'- do you wear mostly flats, clogs, what? I know you had a pair of Merrells you wore out and now I think a pair of metallic flats (It's a sign of my shoe obsession that I know this...I would seek a support group but reallly, why?)...anyway, in your dream shoe world, keeping in consideration your work environment, comfort and leisure activities, what kinds of shoes would make you happy?

30. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Aug 8, 2009

Czacza, if you know of any great non-leather shoes, let me know. I want to splurge on a great pair when I can. I'd prefer cheaper than Stella McCartney, but I'll pay for quality that I can take care of in a fun but classic style that will last for a few years. I LOVE heels (when I can wear them).

I confess I am not much of a shoe girl.

31. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Aug 8, 2009

Do you have a crepe maker or do you use the pan? I made them so much my old roomie got me the maker and I LOVE it. I eat them the same way you do, but with a little cream cheese too. yum!

Right now I am obsessed with:
    Logging my books onto librarious
    scarves
    the sun - I am not a tanner, but I just got back from the beach and lying in the sun was glorious.
    the idea of clean eating (not the action yet)
    fair and beach foods (thus the clean eating inaction)

32. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

Aug 8, 2009

Scones! My sister-in-law makes the best scones. She always makes them when she knows we're coming because they are so delicious. :)

33. Ilovefirst

Ilovefirst Comrade

Aug 8, 2009

* fun socks (I RARELY wear solid color socks)
    * organizing - not something I come by naturally, so it is taking a LOT of focus, and I seem to be obsessed with it this summer
    * A to Z!
    * facebook
    *deadliest catch
    *sunflowers

34. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Aug 8, 2009

I have a little French steel crepe pan. I whip of a batch of crepes almost every week with my immersion blender. I love how easy and quick they are. I cook up the whole batch and store in the fridge with parchment paper and just reheat in the pan in the mornings, then spread with pb&j and roll up.

What does a crepe maker do?

35. kalli007

kalli007 Companion

Aug 8, 2009

-Politics
    -Anything organic/green/sustainable
    -Mini Coopers
    -The Tudor Era (real life, not the series) esp Anne Boleyn and Elizabeth. This stems from tracing my ancestry to the Boleyns (and beyond!).

36. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Aug 8, 2009

http://www.amazon.com/Villaware-V5225-VillaWare-Crepe-Maker/dp/B00005R85W

I have this one. I pour the batter in the little pan, and then you dip the crepe maker in the batter, so you get a very thin layer of batter and nice thin crepes. And they pop right off. My French teacher had one in high school. I love it.

37. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 8, 2009

Try www.mooshoes.com

...also for a non-splurge, try Payless. I've gotten some really cute cute shoes there for not much money (hence the name of the store:rolleyes:) I have one pair of Tory Burch knock-offs from Payless that everyone thinks are real...and seriously for a pair of trendy medallion flats, I'm just not going to pay a lot.

38. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

Aug 8, 2009

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
    -Minnesota Viking football
    -blankets...the softer the better!
    -stuffed animals
    -Eeyore
    -my car
    -Being organized
    -Having things centered/balanced when decorating or arranging furniture...I can't get comfortable unless it's in just the right place!

39. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 8, 2009

I like them a lot too especially nice wedge sandals!

Glad you like it! :)

I hope things improve soon.

40. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Aug 8, 2009

I forgot about Mooshoes. I haven't seen much that I loved though, but I really want to visit the store in NY. Apparently they have a lot more than online. Payless kills me with the smell of plastic that hits when you walk in the door. I'm a snob--I admit it. :blush:

I found the BEST bags a few weeks ago at Whole Foods. They are hand-made out of recycled truck tires. They were heavy, but really stylish and sturdy. They wouldn't look out of place on the shelves at Saks. The one I would want is $300 though.

I wish it were easier to find stylish, nice things cruelty free. I mostly still use stuff I've had for years.

41. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2009

ice cold Frapucinos in the bottle--got to have at least one each day.

clip art--I decorate my lesson plans with cute or weird ones

Big Brother--I love/hate that show

pain relievers--I like Advil the best, but the Excedrin Back and Body Extra Strength is pretty cool.

Coca-Cola in the little bottles--try drinking it fast. It jolts your whole system

silver earrings and bracelets--the more, the merrier.

Pandora beads--I'm about ready for a second bracelet.