What are You Getting Your Spouse/SO?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 7, 2009

What are you getting that special someone in your life for Christmas? :)

Yrs ago, my BF & I made out long lists of things we'd like to get (for not only Christmas, but any gift-giving occasion). I like to get him something on his list & then someone that's a real surprise that he'd never guess. This yr, he's getting:

- GI Joe or Terminator Salvation DVD (this is one of the things he wanted)

- Shoebox full of toiletries: Shavers, lotion, deodorant, toothbrushes, hair gel, etc., etc.

- Socks

- Maybe a canister of white hot chocolate

My BF loves the things I give him & I love wrapping things in a waqy that you'd nevr guess what's inside!

3. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Dec 7, 2009

He'd be mad if I got him anything since he is trying to budget for our twins. His bday is 12 days later too...blah.

4. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Dec 7, 2009

I got my husband a large five drawer tool box. My son got him a hard sided tool box for vet medicine. I also got him a small tool basket and purchased pliers, ratchet set, and small hand tools to go in it. Then I am going to get him a new dress coat.

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 7, 2009

My BF's b-day is on New Year's Day & mine is on Jan 16th, so we have more to give ea other in Jan.

Sometimes we go somewhere to cover for Christmas & b-days.

6. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Dec 7, 2009

My hubby usually gets what he wants during the year...so nearly impossible to get for him!!!

I usually get stocking stuff, ties, tie pins, & little stuff.

He is usually so creative when it comes to getting me stuff though!!!

7. midwestteacher

midwestteacher Cohort

Dec 7, 2009

I bought DH a Remington 870 Express 12 gauge shotgun. He has been eyeballing it for a while. I know if I didn't get it, he would just go get it in the spring. It is hidden in the downstairs closet and the kids and I are going to get him a box of shells and wrap them in a huge box to put under the tree instead of wrapping the gun. After he opens them, they are going to tell him they forgot the rest of it, and bring it up. We also got him a DVD collection of Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot westerns.

8. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Dec 7, 2009

I can't write it here, as dh gets copies of all my A-Z posts (he has Google alert for Sprout, so they always come through due to my signature). But just to drive him nuts, I'm posting anyhow. I'll report after Christmas.... ;)

9. GoehringTeaches

GoehringTeaches Comrade

Dec 7, 2009

My husband and I celebrated Christmas yesterday with our kids and my parents since he'll be in Iraq on Christmas day. I really struggled with what to buy him since he won't be here for a year to use it or enjoy it! As it is, we will have to ship him some of the things we got him since they won't fit in his bags. We got him an Axe bodywash kit, a flannel Harley-Davidson blanket, and then a wooden tray to display all of his military coins.

10. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Dec 7, 2009

My SO's birthday is Christmas Day! So usually I have to get him an extra special gift, however we decided that the 1000 dollars we just spent on hardwood would be our Christmas gift to one another. I also got him a small XBOX game, the Rock Band country track pack which he'll love.

11. elizak83

elizak83 Companion

Dec 7, 2009

I got my bf a set of golf clubs (it's a beginner set so it was cheap.) He wants to tae lessons. I also got him a new pair of dr. marten's (his fav. shoe) and a northface fleece.

12. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Dec 7, 2009

I got BF a bunch of tools from Sears on Black Friday. He asked for them, and they will be good with the new house and him working on his car. I also got knee pads for him since we have to redo the carpet. lol. but I think he will use them with the car, too. Also got him some blue rays and some other stocking things.

13. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Dec 7, 2009

We bought ourselves a good GPS, will do some travelling the week after Christmas and are re-doing our patio, but I will buy a few little odds and ends so there is something to open!

14. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 7, 2009

My husband is from England, so I got him a big box of candy from England.

15. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

Dec 7, 2009

I got DH an iPod Touch for his b-day/Christmas. My mom also went in on it so it's a joint gift. I also got him some clothes, The Hangover on Blu Ray, and season 3 of Heroes on Blu Ray, along with some stocking stuffers.

16. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 7, 2009

An IPOD nano.

17. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Dec 7, 2009

I am so jealous of all of you that have husbands or SOs that actually ask for something. Mine never wants anything and is very difficult to shop for. So he will get socks, boxers, and sweaters. How boring

18. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 7, 2009

19. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 7, 2009

Mine is difficult to shop for as well, Sue35. He has few interests outside of training for triathlons. He always approaches gifts as what is needed, not as luxuries. He usually puts together a list of sorts, hopefully there will be some things on there that I will be able to get.

20. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Dec 7, 2009

MrsC-let me know if you need triathlete ideas. Dh is awesome at recommendations, and then you don't have to ask.

(ps-our dh's sound like soul mates. Dh is a necessity kind of guy, too.)

21. Chrissteeena

Chrissteeena Companion

Dec 7, 2009

A side trip to D.C. =) We decided that instead of spending a full 2 weeks in NY (my parents are working the 1st week), we would make a stop over for 2 1/2 days. So our Christmas gifts to each other is whatever we do in NY. Plus I will get him an x-box live card, and he got me something small-- to open on Christmas day w/ everyone. But I can't wait until we get to D.C. (night bus tour of the monuments, going to see the white house, smithsonian) eeek. I just hope it's not too cold-- I only own 3 long sleeve shirts ... and my winter jacket is in NY at my parents HAHA... at least he has a winter coat.. bleh.

22. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Dec 7, 2009

DH wants Dr. Zhivago on DVD, which is out of print, but I was able to find it from an alternate seller on Amazon. Now I'm thinking of getting each of us cruiser bikes - Target has them on sale this week.

23. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 7, 2009

Now that was just mean!! :p

It's 38 degrees outside right now!

24. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 7, 2009

Even colder than that here--there's snow in the air and threat of a storm tomorrow night. I'm wearing a turtleneck under my sweatshirt and a fleece throw over my legs, and I'm still cold!

25. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Dec 7, 2009

I'm doing that, too, MrsC, but that's because I'm cheap and have my heat set at 65 :).

26. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 7, 2009

That's part of it here as well! :p

27. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Dec 7, 2009

I think I am also getting DBF clothes. he stains everything, has torn his belt, and his pants are getting way too big. But I know my mom is getting him some clothes, too.

I also really want to find him some plaid shoes to match his car. lol. But his birthday is mid Jan so should be no problem.

28. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Dec 7, 2009

I have thought about getting that flashlight. He is not handy at all so he might not ever use it unless we lose power but I think he would still think it was cool. Hey, at least it is something that isn't clothes:)

29. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Dec 7, 2009

Hubby loved the Keurig (sp) coffee maker at a hotel we were at during vacation. Gonna get him that and some of the coffee things that go in it.

Also new phones for the house, since our dogs have chewed ours all up! LOL

30. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 7, 2009

You aren't party crashers are you?:lol:

31. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Dec 7, 2009

I got dh an anniversary ring, boots, a GPS, and long-sleeved shirts since he desperately needs them! For stocking stuffers, a roll of snuff (I know NASTY!) and then probably some DVDs.

32. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Dec 7, 2009

I bought my husband an iPhone (early Christmas gift as he really needed a new phone). He's also getting a new pair of jeans, leather gloves, and a new wallet. Nice little mix of cool and boring.... :p

33. Chrissteeena

Chrissteeena Companion

Dec 8, 2009

:dizzy: 38 degrees is... tanktop, shorts and sandle weather .. right? :whistle: ohhh I may need to go shopping before next week ends :dizzy:

34. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 8, 2009

Well, by my son's standards, it's a short sleeved T shirt, jeans, and a sweat jacket.

Yesterday I wore a suit to work and just ran to and from the car with the suit jacket (but did put the heat on!)

But you may want to include all 3 long sleeved shirts in your packing :)

35. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 8, 2009

I just found exactly what my husband wants--a very light unlined jacket. This is really the wrong time of year to find such a light jacket, but I found one at Old Navy. It was on sale, for only $11. I love a great deal, and he will be so happy.

36. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Dec 8, 2009

Our budget is less than last year...since we're planning on moving out in February. But...I'm going to get him a couple Blu-Ray DVDs, a new pair of work shoes, a pair of casual shoes, a jacket, boxers, and then I need to think of something as a surprise...because all the other stuff are things he would expect...

37. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Dec 8, 2009

This year DH ended up with a lot of "small" gifts instead of a bigger gift and stocking stuffers. Here is what I have so far:
    - charging valet
    - rubs/marinades and sauces cook book (he loves to grill)
    - Wii boxing game (he always chooses games that you don't actually have to MOVE with!)
    - Fogless shaving mirror for the shower (he had one he loved and it finally fell and broke - the replacement fogs up so I got another of the original kinds - great gift and even better for the person who cleans up after a shaving man ;))
    - Houston Oilers shirt - he is a die-hard fan, doesn't seem to get that they left ;)
    I may or may not get one more thing, depends on the shopping time I have! I think I may get him new tennis shoes, he will just go and get the first pair that fits from Wal-mart and then his feet hurt if we walk around all day somewhere (he does buy quality shoes for work).

38. sumnerfan

sumnerfan Comrade

Dec 8, 2009

I gave mine tickets to Cirque and dinner at Texas de Brazil.

He gave me a new bathroom.

39. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Dec 8, 2009

a divorce

40. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Dec 8, 2009

Hugs, MissFrizzle!!!

41. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 8, 2009

That's nice that he enjoys the theatre & performing arts that much for you to get it for him. I want that kind of thing for myself.

Sorry. Here's to many happier days ahead.