What are You Getting Your Furry Family Member for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 16, 2010

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Dec 16, 2010

I'm thinking since he's old enough now and knows better than to chew his pillow, I might get Tank one of those for his crate (he sleeps in the bed with me to keep the boogieman away!), plus some treats.

4. carlea

carlea Comrade

Dec 16, 2010

I got my dogs new "babies" (stuffed animals without the stuffing), lots of pressed rawhide bones, peanut butter treats, apple/pumpkin treats, and "made for dogs" brownie bites. I also got them the FURminator brush, but I suppose it's actually for me!

5. nklauste

nklauste Comrade

Dec 16, 2010

I got Shadow (my puppy) a squeeky toy that has 16 squeekers in it! I am also hoping to get him some smoked pig's ears from the meat processing place right outside of time, but last I heard they were out. My siblings got him a "lobster dinner" from Target that has all the pieces of a lobster dinner, but it is all soft cloth toys for him on a frisbee.

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 16, 2010

So far we got our dog some rawhide bones and toys. He has a favorite toy (a stuffed raccoon) that is really beat up so we got him a recplacement one. I'm sure he'll get more treats and I might make some peanutbutter bones.

7. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Dec 16, 2010

My cat will get some treats. Maybe a new toy but he doesn't play with much. He has some reindeer antlers but he looks like he is going to rip my face off whenever i bring them near him. lol.

My parents dog is getting 2 bags of treats and a GIANT bone from the farmer's market. It's his first winter as an only child - our other old dog died last winter - and I think he is lonely. He is getting spoiled this year.

8. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Dec 16, 2010

My dog LOVES stuffed toys, but she destroys them within about 5 minutes. Does anyone know of any sturdy stuffed animal product? She's an 80lb lab mix!

9. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 16, 2010

My dog is a pug and he destroys all of those stuffed toys that are soft and fluffy. The only ones that last a while are the FAT CAT TOYS. You can google them and find the cheapest site that sells them. Some pet stores sell them but they are more expensive. I still have to sew them up now and then but they are really the most durable toys I have found.

10. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Dec 16, 2010

I bought DH's dog two bags of pig ears. DH bought her a stocking full of toys & treats. Last year she got a letter from Santa.

11. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Dec 16, 2010

Sheena will be seeing the beach for the first time on Christmas Day - unless it rains. We are planning the entire day around her. She is the love of our lives.

12. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Dec 16, 2010

Abby - new flexible frisbee, stuffed toy, treats
    Boo - tennis balls, pajamas, treats

13. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 17, 2010

It's so great to see how much we all love & adore our furbabies!

Have you seen these w/ ChewGuard Technology? They're good: http://www.godogfun.com/products_chewguard

I tried one of these Tuffys, but they're stiff. My dog likes flexible toys he can shake around, but they're tough alright:
    https://www.vipproducts.com/retail/files/index.php/categories/view/51/sea-creatures/product:70

These Flip Flop Yankers are good too:
    http://www.shopfatcat.com/flipflopyanker.html

14. gigi

gigi Groupie

Dec 17, 2010

My furry children are getting a new climbing tree and some treats. I also have new catnip bags I bought at the fair this fall.

15. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Dec 17, 2010

We bought our babies new plush beds! they love them! Of course, Santa will bring a big bone, and some homemade cookies made just for them!

16. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Dec 17, 2010

She's getting treats and chew toys. I also plan on getting her a DNA kit, because she's a rescue mutt and we're very curious about her mix. We think she's part basenji, but don't know what else.

17. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Dec 18, 2010

Miss Froggy, are those tests legit? I've heard very mixed reviews about them.

18. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 18, 2010

We're probably getting her some time with a trainer!!!! It's desperately needed!!!!

At my Christmas party on Thursday, we found someone who's a trainer. So Peter will be talking to John over the next week.

We always get her some toys and "bones" (I forget what they're made of-- not rawhide, but something along those lines) to keep her busy as the kids unwrap.

Kira got her 2 cute little dog tags at the Holiday Boutique at school.

19. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Dec 19, 2010

Well, DeeOhGee is having a barking problem so she is getting an Innotek Lap Dog Trainer collar and a grooming.

She is also getting some extra doggy "beds", one under my desk, another at the foot of the bed, and one at the foot of my La-Z-Boy™ chair. I am going to make them out of "throws" (wal*mart, 2 for $10) I am still trying to decide how to "poof up" them so she will like them.

She doesn't really like stuffed toys and she only likes already chewed Raw hide (stolen from another dog)

20. nklauste

nklauste Comrade

Dec 19, 2010

I finalized Shadow's present yesterday with some fresh from the meat processor pigs ears! We gave him one about a month ago and he had it completely gone within the day, so I am sure he will love these as well!

21. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 20, 2010

Petsmart had one of it's rare times of having coupons, so I got a pretty good amount of treats. It was a $5 off $25 coupon.

22. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Dec 20, 2010

Nothing, because my 2 cats ignore anything I buy them :)

Their favorite toys are still those plastic things you pull off milk cartons and my clean laundry instead of a cat bed!

23. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 20, 2010

Oh, I forgot the pig ears!

24. gigi

gigi Groupie

Dec 20, 2010

I know what you mean Pisces, my cats have shoe boxes full of toys. Although lately they do seem to enjoy emptying the boxes and then laying in it.

25. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Dec 20, 2010

I don't even try with my kitty anymore. He's happy just laying around! Lazy cat!

26. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Dec 21, 2010

Our dogs:

Piper - new doggie bed, treats of course, and big thick rope to play tug of war with her sisters
    Mr. Blonde - treats, frisbee, new leash
    Scout - doggie balls to play fetch, doggie treats, new doggie bed as she has grown so much

Our kitties

Vivian and Coco are getting a new playhouse this year. My husband has been building on it for about 3 months. He started building it because my youngest daughter wanted to buy one so badly this summer for our kitties. He was floored by the price and said those famous words "wow, I could build one of those, much better and for much less than that price." So, three months later, many $$'s later and many more new tools, my kitties are getting a very pricy condo :)