What are you doing today?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by silverspoon65, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 18, 2012

Safe driving Mrs. C.

2. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Jul 18, 2012

Have a safe trip, Mrs. C!
    We had our pool installed on Monday, and I am waiting for the guys to come and finish up, now that the water is in! I wish they would hurry-it is 90+degrees right now!!!

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 18, 2012

Meeting up with another friend today for lunch & shopping again like yesterday. I'm glad we're meeting at a different mall. I was at the same mall the last two days in a row.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 18, 2012

A little proud mama moment:

Brian's too young to get working papers at age 14.

But he and his friends have lined up a bunch of lawn-mowing jobs for today. If everything works out as expected, and the rain holds off, he'll earn $60 today.

It's not the money I'm so proud of, it's the initiative of doing something productive on a 90+ degree day when he could be in the pool or AC instead.

5. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jul 18, 2012

I'm meeting a friend who's working on her certification for lunch. She needs to interview a teacher, so we'll catch up and do that. Then I'm going to get a manicure and maybe pedicure depending on the status of my bank account. Tonight I'll do laundry and pack! Tomorrow I go to visit my family in Florida for a few days!

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 18, 2012

Drive safe, MrsC!

Alice~yay for Brian!

Nothing really planned today. I do need to workout but other than that, there's no definite plans today. After the last two days of errands, I'm happy for a day like today.

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 18, 2012

I'm being way too lazy!

I did get the coat closet done.

But as to the rest... not so much. The basement AC is on, and it's so very comfortable on the computer!

So I've emailed my Disney contact info to 2 of my sisters, just in case there's any cause for worry. (I know, my trip isn't for 2 more weeks. But I'm looking for excuses to stay in the basement.)

And I have 2 loads of laundry in.

8. bison

bison Habitué

Jul 18, 2012

I'm forcing myself to be productive after not feeling well for the past couple of days. I'm taking a course that involves more work than any other I've taken, which would be fine if the professor was not so vague and disorganized. Literally everyone in the class is miserable and confused about the expectations. So anyway, writing a paper and doing quite a bit of reading for that.

I also need to put away some things I just brought over and haven't unpacked in the new house yet, move some other things to our storage shed, and do some cleaning. Bathroom and kitchen deep clean and a whole-house mopping after BF vacuums. Other than that, just some general tidying and dusting. I'm hoping BF will furminate the dogs too. There's fur everywhere! He'll also make dinner, which means making a huge mess of the kitchen right after I clean it. Actually, he might want me to attempt to make a pot roast, so there might be a quick grocery trip involved somewhere.

We'll see how much I actually get done. If my school work takes too long, it might not be much off the other list. First things first, track down some lunch! :D

9. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2012

that's all I have done today too, besides picking my radishes and lettuce from the garden. And eating them. lol.

I was surprised that the closet really didn't take long.

I want to go to the beach tomorrow, which would mean going to my parents tonight, but it's supposed to storm on and off. I can't decide if I should just go and move to shopping if it starts to rain, or just stay home and head down tomorrow like I was planning to. So my indecision is leading to me sitting on the house and watching Roseanne.

10. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 18, 2012

I finally got ambitious enough to go in search of the Magic Eraser, only to find the box empty!!

11. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 18, 2012

Day 2 of coaching workshop. One of the facilitators is using a video of one of my lessons in the training tomorrow...makes me feel proud.

Stopped at school to pick up some paperwork...chatted a few minutes with P and Supe about the training I'm attending and thanked them for the opportunity. (they wrote letter of rec for those who are attending)

Craft store for some wedding planning supplies

Cooling down at home now...going to pop a lad of laundry in and then go to food store after the storm that seems to be rolling in...:unsure:

12. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 18, 2012

Yeah, I heard thunder a while ago and ran to put the chair cushions into the garage.

Instead of really being productive, I've printed up the first 50+ pages of the book I was playing with writing. I haven't touched it in ages.

13. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jul 18, 2012

After the lunch I had, add to my schedule: exercise more. Indian buffet was delicious, but even with very small portions, I went way over the calories I usually eat for lunch.

14. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 18, 2012

We made great time--only a slight delay at the border. With the bomb threats at both Windsor/Detroit crossings in the last week, they were taking some extra time and opening everyone's trunks. After stopping once for gas, once for lunch, driving through town and going to buy some fruit, she checked in at camp about 6.5 hours after we left home. Both coaches greeted her with open arms--they are both so nice! I got her moved in, checked in at my hotel, went to buy some groceries (I have a kitchenette in my room), did a quick workout on the treadmill and now I'm locked in for the night.

15. smalltowngal

Jul 18, 2012

Glad you made it in great time, MrsC! Will she be going back with you or is she in for good?

16. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 18, 2012

She's just here until Saturday this time--this is really a camp for future prospects, but they asked as many of the new girls to come as possible. This way, she gets to meet most of the team, work with the coaching staff, and get a head-start on some of the medical stuff that will need to get done. She will, however, be back here for good on August 3rd.

17. smalltowngal

Jul 18, 2012

That's good! I hope that she has fun and you enjoy yourself while you're there!

18. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 18, 2012

What will you be doing until Saturday Mrs C? Is there anything nearby to do?

19. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 18, 2012

I need to do some serious work on my course; that's first priority. Also on the list: trying to find an affordable wireless plan for her while she's here, buying myself a heart rate monitor (to go along with my new habit of working out every day), going for some long walks on some trails near the hotel, doing some shopping. Saturday morning will be here before I know it!

20. smalltowngal

Jul 18, 2012

Sounds like you have enough to keep you busy, MrsC!