What are you doing today?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by silverspoon65, Jul 12, 2012.

1. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2012

I have been wasting so much time this summer. I just feel like I am not getting anything done. So I am going to start posting my daily goals on here. If you have the same problem, feel free to join in.

In the past I have printed up a calendar and written what I did every day all summer. Makes me accountable. I should have done that today.

Today I am going to tend my garden a bit, and then I am going to work on cleaning out my closet and vanity (jewelry, makeup, etc.) I also want to make some bread for dinner and a dessert.

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2012

Teaching SAT this morning. (10:30 class for an hour and a half; I should get moving soon.)

Hitting Walmart on the way home, thanks to the thread here.

Playing lifeguard/swimming with the kids in the pool in the yard.

After dinner or when they're done with the pool, I'll tackle some of the laundry that didn't get done while I was away.

Maybe tomorrow I'll spend the morning tackling one of the closets.

4. mom2ohc

mom2ohc Habitué

Jul 12, 2012

today.. pool and swim lessons - then swimming at the pool. Making dinner, then shopping for a beach wedding I am going to on Sunday, can't really find the right dress so hope I find something good today. I am going to try Nordstrom.

5. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 12, 2012

Going to help my daughter paint her new apartment. She is moving cities to start law school in August.

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2012

Today--work on an assignment for my ESL course, hair colour and cut (long overdue), continue sorting my computer files, a couple of 10 minute workouts, two or three loads of laundry.

7. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 12, 2012

I'vebeen on vacation since May 11. I was super productive the first six weeks. I'm in full summer mode.

Today I am on vacation with friends. Yesterday was shopping. Today is pancake house, local arts & crafts, aquarium, and more food and shopping.

8. janlee

janlee Devotee

Jul 12, 2012

Lots of errands...pedicure, get car washed, haircut, pay bill at Macy's, Kohl's for t-shirts my son asked me to pick up (have a 30% off) placing order at Lowe's for blinds, return books to library. I'm sure I'll think of something else while I'm out.

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2012

Yesterday was a 'play' day for me...went into NYC with my mom and sister for lunch, 911 memorial, met DH for cocktails...so today I really have to get things done:

Workout
    Post office
    Library
    Manicure
    Pick up shoes at cobbler
    Farmers market
    Laundry
    Vacuum first level of house

10. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 12, 2012

We're facing some really bad thunder storms right now, so my plan to fix the fence in the backyard is now on hold.

I'm driving students for four hours this afternoon (in the rain is always fun!)

In the meantime, I need to vacuum and straighten the master bath room.

11. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2012

Just remembered, I also have to go in to our cell phone service provider to get some information about Lauren's plan when she's away at school.

12. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2012

You all reminded me I need to get my butt on the treadmill, too.

13. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 12, 2012

Now that I have AC again (!!!) I can safely ease back into working out. Also want to buy sneakers with decent support so I can get back into running, but that may have to wait until my paycheck arrives on Friday. I'm having dinner with two of my dear friends before we go to a reorganization meeting of our theater company. We're trying to get rid of any drama that is behind the scenes while improving the drama on stage. Oh, and I still have summer school today. Have to tutor a student who bombed several assignments.

14. sumnerfan

sumnerfan Comrade

Jul 12, 2012

Today is my anniversary. We will go out to eat and maybe a movie. We are such exciting people. I also need to return something and pick up some card stock while I'm out. I need to do some laundry as well. I also plan to type the rules and procedures my friends and I decided to use this year and email a copy to each of my friends. We usually go swim every day, but I doubt we will today because the sky looks extremely overcast and the temperature is a mere 75 right now. That's cold for my neck of the woods. Have a great day!

15. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2012

Ok, based on the other thread, I am going to go wash a couple sweaters and put them out to dry, then garden, then closet. Ready, Go!

16. melnm

melnm Companion

Jul 12, 2012

Working out first, heading to school later to begin the daunting task of organizing my classroom (never got the chance to work on it last year when I got hired). Swimming lessons for my kids this afternoon and a trip to the library.