What are you doing today?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by silverspoon65, Jul 12, 2012.

1. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2012

I have been wasting so much time this summer. I just feel like I am not getting anything done. So I am going to start posting my daily goals on here. If you have the same problem, feel free to join in.

In the past I have printed up a calendar and written what I did every day all summer. Makes me accountable. I should have done that today.

Today I am going to tend my garden a bit, and then I am going to work on cleaning out my closet and vanity (jewelry, makeup, etc.) I also want to make some bread for dinner and a dessert.

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2012

Teaching SAT this morning. (10:30 class for an hour and a half; I should get moving soon.)

Hitting Walmart on the way home, thanks to the thread here.

Playing lifeguard/swimming with the kids in the pool in the yard.

After dinner or when they're done with the pool, I'll tackle some of the laundry that didn't get done while I was away.

Maybe tomorrow I'll spend the morning tackling one of the closets.

4. mom2ohc

mom2ohc Habitué

Jul 12, 2012

today.. pool and swim lessons - then swimming at the pool. Making dinner, then shopping for a beach wedding I am going to on Sunday, can't really find the right dress so hope I find something good today. I am going to try Nordstrom.

5. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 12, 2012

Going to help my daughter paint her new apartment. She is moving cities to start law school in August.

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2012

Today--work on an assignment for my ESL course, hair colour and cut (long overdue), continue sorting my computer files, a couple of 10 minute workouts, two or three loads of laundry.

7. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 12, 2012

I'vebeen on vacation since May 11. I was super productive the first six weeks. I'm in full summer mode.

Today I am on vacation with friends. Yesterday was shopping. Today is pancake house, local arts & crafts, aquarium, and more food and shopping.

8. janlee

janlee Devotee

Jul 12, 2012

Lots of errands...pedicure, get car washed, haircut, pay bill at Macy's, Kohl's for t-shirts my son asked me to pick up (have a 30% off) placing order at Lowe's for blinds, return books to library. I'm sure I'll think of something else while I'm out.

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2012

Yesterday was a 'play' day for me...went into NYC with my mom and sister for lunch, 911 memorial, met DH for cocktails...so today I really have to get things done:

Workout
    Post office
    Library
    Manicure
    Pick up shoes at cobbler
    Farmers market
    Laundry
    Vacuum first level of house

10. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 12, 2012

We're facing some really bad thunder storms right now, so my plan to fix the fence in the backyard is now on hold.

I'm driving students for four hours this afternoon (in the rain is always fun!)

In the meantime, I need to vacuum and straighten the master bath room.

11. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2012

Just remembered, I also have to go in to our cell phone service provider to get some information about Lauren's plan when she's away at school.

12. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2012

You all reminded me I need to get my butt on the treadmill, too.

13. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 12, 2012

Now that I have AC again (!!!) I can safely ease back into working out. Also want to buy sneakers with decent support so I can get back into running, but that may have to wait until my paycheck arrives on Friday. I'm having dinner with two of my dear friends before we go to a reorganization meeting of our theater company. We're trying to get rid of any drama that is behind the scenes while improving the drama on stage. Oh, and I still have summer school today. Have to tutor a student who bombed several assignments.

14. sumnerfan

sumnerfan Comrade

Jul 12, 2012

Today is my anniversary. We will go out to eat and maybe a movie. We are such exciting people. I also need to return something and pick up some card stock while I'm out. I need to do some laundry as well. I also plan to type the rules and procedures my friends and I decided to use this year and email a copy to each of my friends. We usually go swim every day, but I doubt we will today because the sky looks extremely overcast and the temperature is a mere 75 right now. That's cold for my neck of the woods. Have a great day!

15. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2012

Ok, based on the other thread, I am going to go wash a couple sweaters and put them out to dry, then garden, then closet. Ready, Go!

16. melnm

melnm Companion

Jul 12, 2012

Working out first, heading to school later to begin the daunting task of organizing my classroom (never got the chance to work on it last year when I got hired). Swimming lessons for my kids this afternoon and a trip to the library.

17. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Jul 12, 2012

My hubby is on vacation this week, so we have been hanging out and doing stuff around our area. Today he is going to meet some friends at the gun club, and I am spending the afternoon with my sister! (also on vacation this week). We are going to get sister tattoos!

18. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 12, 2012

I'll say mine by the WEEK, so it's not so often! :)

This week, I did/will do:

Submitted grad school HW & did an exam earlier in the week. I have more HW to start that's due this Sun night.

I went to my car dealership to get my free oil & filter change. I also had to get new tires, so I got all 4 new ones & they feel nice & smooth!

Washed bedsheets & of course put new sheets on.

I visited with my parents for several hours the other day. I brought my dog with me. It was nice seeing them. I went out with my mom.

Today online @ 2pm, I have to redeem my points for some gift cards! Yay!

The rest of this week, I have no definite plans for anything!

19. callmebob

callmebob Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2012

Worked in the yard, went for a swim. Now time to clean the house before leaving for a couple days. Way too much to get done in a short amount of time.

20. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jul 12, 2012

I am redoing the hall bathroom, so I am working on the signs I plan to hang. I need to go to the bank. Later, my daughter is trying a gymnastics class for the first time!

21. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2012

This morning, I taught a piano lesson, then cleaned up the kitchen. I tutored this afternoon, and am checking a few things on the computer. I have to stop at wal-mart for a few things, and then I need to finish the dishes, start laundry, and work on my launching plans for reading workshop (since I was motivated by the conference I went to yesterday, and I want to have the basics done before I got to the 2 Sisters conference at the end of the month.

22. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 12, 2012

I'm getting ready to go on a run. I'm doing a half marathon training plan and just need to run 4 miles for today. Then I'm really hoping my husband and I can go hike Koko Head. I've really been wanting to go there. He has today off and then works the whole weekend, so I plan to do a lot of school work over the weekend.

I'm getting nervous about the new school year. I found out I need to make a curriculum binder for accreditation. There isn't a music binder from the last one, so I have to create it all myself. So far I've only typed up the first day for each grade level, but still need to find some music games/icebreakers for that day. I'm going to look for some of those today.

23. RainStorm

RainStorm Aficionado

Jul 12, 2012

Right now, I am doing very little, very slowly.

This morning, I went into my classroom, and the custodian (who is so helpful) helped me set up all my desks the way I wanted them. (They had all been stacked in one corner of the room.) I found out that I have one additional student (and I already have the largest class in the school, but we only have one teacher per grade level.) I like this student (I had her older brother two years ago) so I'm glad she's going to be in my class.

Now I'm at home, very bored. I'd say this is the first time all summer that I've really been bored.

24. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2012

Well I got the vanity cleaned out and really organized - that's makeup, hair stuff, beauty products, jewelry, and nail stuff. Didn't touch the rest of the room or closet but BF is going to work on his car a bit later so I think I can do it then. I also ran to the store and made a dessert in the crockpot so that's a little added bonus. lol.

25. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Jul 12, 2012

I was super productive today!

I made tons of progress on cleaning/moving out:
    -cleaned all of the blinds (this took forever!)
    -cleaned the oven- I had to run the self-cleaning feature twice, but now it looks great! I got the food off of the oven racks but gave up on trying to get them to look like shiny metal again. Hoping that's not too big of a deal.
    -packed up all of my clothes/shoes and put them in the car
    -put some lightweight but bulky items in the car to start moving in tomorrow
    -boxed up most of my kitchen
    -cleaned out the garage
    -took everything off the walls and boxed it up
    -boxed up my dvds and wii games

This seems like 3 days ago, but I also taught summer school this morning :)

Tomorrow I can go get my keys and start setting up the new place!

26. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2012

Today was super busy as everyday has been since school got out (due to our moving). We went to pick up the rental contract on the house, took it to the school (they are the co-signers on our apartment) as well as dropped off other paperwork they needed, went to change the telephone service over to the new house, went to the bank to get the routing number on my account for the school, and I guess that took up the whole day. We came back here to pack some more, then went out to eat.

27. Shanoo

Shanoo Habitué

Jul 13, 2012

My goals today are:

- go for a run
    - get groceries
    - sweep and mop my floors
    - start prepping my first unit for grade 7 math

28. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 13, 2012

I need to go grocery shopping.

And maybe we'll hit Target, to do the socks/underwear/shampoo run for vacation.

Beyond that, I would love to get started on some of the small chores in the house-- the junk drawer, the coat closet, that sort of stuff.

And of course, there's the ever present lifeguarding in the back yard :)

29. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2012

ok. This morning I have already finished all the handwashing that has been in the laundry room forever, took the sheets off the bed and started them in the washer, and had breakfast. Today I am going to clean the bedroom and clean out the closet and continue with some laundry. I also need to pick out an outfit and get ready for standing in line for Biggest Loser open casting tomorrow.

30. e6789

e6789 Rookie

Jul 13, 2012

Cleaning! I haven't done so in far too long. Here's my list:

Laundry--dog threw up on her blanket last night. That should require at least 2 cycles in washer. On top of that, I have to wash towels and sheets. Ick.

Dishes, as always

Sweep and swiffer--all floors and dog crates. I am more ocd about keeping the crates dust-free than my floors.

Bathroom--my tub looks awful from bathing my own river monsters (dogs)

Wipe down walls and clean the windows--I've skipped this for 2 weeks, so they are dirty.

Oh, and I would LOVE to organize my bedroom, including the closet and drawers, before school starts in a week and a half.

Also, squeeze in the hour workout that I have now made my daily goal and make dinner. I also need to pick up some candles. BF eats a lot of onions, and my house is super small, so you can smell them all thru it (yuck). My candles died down Wednesday, so I'm suffering!

31. e6789

e6789 Rookie

Jul 13, 2012

So productive already! I haven't gotten out of bed yet. I will once I finish my coffee. Good luck with the casting!

32. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2012

I realized last night that I am going home at the end of the week next week, and then to a conference for the next week, and then my sister will be here again, and then I will be pretty much back at work. I only have three days left for house cleaning. Ahhhhh.

33. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 13, 2012

I love the rain after last year's drought, but I really need my yard to dry a bit so I can work in the back yard. I need to repair a few boards in my fence and seriously WEED the garden! :)

I still need to go to the bank and drop of items for my safety deposit box.

I need to go to the courthouse and get new license plates for my daughter's car.

34. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 13, 2012

I've done my workout--a 10 minute cardio "warm-up" and a 70 minute walk.

I need to get this fool assignment done--most of the research is done, just need to get it together and submitted.

Laundry

Try again to find someone who can talk to me knowledgeably about Lauren's cell phone plan.

35. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 13, 2012

Work out
    Take my mom to Lord and Taylor sale:)
    Go to JoAnns to check on supplies for wedding decorations
    Meet sister for a swim

36. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jul 13, 2012

I woke up this morning and worked out then ate breakfast.

I'm about to shower and go to the doctor for my yearly checkup.

When I get home I'll clean my house. Later today one of my coworkers is coming over to help one of our students who just graduated write thank you notes from her baby shower last week.

Later tonight we may have a couple of people over for a board game or two. We got a few new ones when we were out of town last week and want to try them out. If we don't have people over, we'll play some games on the Kinect or watch some episodes of Voyager on Netflix.

37. melnm

melnm Companion

Jul 13, 2012

Workout
    Continue organizing classroom
    Meet up for VBS plans while at school
    Swimming lessons for kids
    Organize my kids' craft area--it's a mess!

38. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2012

I had jury duty yesterday--no one got called, so I'm off the hook for a year--but I had a flat on the freeway on the way home. AAA came and put the spare on, but it's one of those mini-tires, so today I'm doing car stuff. Then maybe I'll run over to Kohls and see if there's anything I want with my 30% off coupon.

I did spend some time going through my home bookcases this week, pulling out some books I can let go of. I'm out of room!

39. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 13, 2012

This morning I am stuck on the couch. I'm not feeling well.

If I feel better this afternoon, I have cleaning and laundry to do.

If I don't, everything will still be dirty tomorrow.

40. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 13, 2012

I'm trying to figure that out right now of what to do today. The weather's really muggy since yesterday...ick! I have less than 3 wks left of my vacation & I wanted to go somewhere fun, but not spend too much money, especially since I stayed home yesterday. My boyfriend wanted to go to the zoo, but I don't feel in the mood for that.

Sigh! Oh, where to go?! :mellow:

41. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Jul 13, 2012

I am packing, packing packing! We are headed out on vacation for a week when DH gets home today :)