What are you doing this weekend?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, May 15, 2009.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 15, 2009

I am going to think about how I want to spend some birthday money I got today! :) I'll have to make a trip to the outlet mall and just wander to figure out what I may want to get! I haven't bought anything fun lately besides some new summer clothes that were on sale.

I'm not a big shopper but want to get something fun and practical! I know I want to do some redecorating and buy some new art work from Bed, Bath, and Beyond (so I can use the coupons). I'd also like a fun shower curtain that has seashells.

Next week, I made a Mary Kay appointment to try out some products since I've never had any before to see what I think so I'll save some for some nice lotions and maybe some makeup too.

I hope to get a new bike too but waiting for the right one!

I'm ready for a fun weekend! :)

What are your weekend plans?

3. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 15, 2009

I have been laying around all day, literally. I wish I could just lay around all weekend, not worrying about anything. The boxes will unpack themselves, the lesson for next week's interview will write it's self and food will magically appear in our completely empty fridge and cupboards.

Not.

So I'll be unpacking, writing a lesson and grocery shopping. Bay to Breakers is also this weekend-it's a huge 7 mile road race through San Francisco that happens every year. Everyone gets dressed up in ridiculous outfits (think gorillas, super heros and naked people), and then get really drunk, and makes their way down the route. Some even make floats to pull and ride on. It's crazy. And Mini Cooper is one of the sponsors. And dh works on their advertising campaign, so we get to drive the pace car. We did it last year and it was FREEZING. Rainy and horrible. This year should be MUCH better. I'm hoping I get to be in the convertible (they have a traditional cooper, a convertible and then a clubman lead the pack). Run-through is on Saturday, and the race is on Sunday. So there goes my weekend.

Dh driving the car two years ago, during their Hammer and Coop campaign (he's dressed like Hammer):
    [​IMG]

Us driving the car last year (I didn't get to finish a costume in time):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  4. AMK

AMK Aficionado

May 15, 2009

Tomorrow morning I am going to my cousin's college graduation! IN the afternoon we are having a family party with him.
    Sunday is my friend's baby christening in the afternoon. I hope to get all my errands done tonight!

5. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

May 15, 2009

I am going to finish up grades this weekend, because we only have 4 1/2 days left of school! I also plan to try to talk as little as possible, and drink lots of tea, because I have lost my voice. This is definitely not a good thing the week before school gets out.

6. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

May 15, 2009

I need to get back in the water. I've been biking my arse off, but it's less than 4 months to Tiburon, and I need to start swimming again.

7. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 15, 2009

You'll be in my backyard, Sarge!!

8. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

May 15, 2009

I plan to clean my house and grocery shop. I would also like to finish getting my garden ready to plant. After that I plan to read, relax and maybe rent a movie.

9. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

May 15, 2009

It's a long weekend for us here--I think that I could probably sleep for the whole thing!

My daughter has her first 2 soccer games of the season this weekend, so that will take up most of the afternoon on both Saturday and Sunday. We desperately need new chairs for the deck and front porch and a new BBQ, so I'm going to try to get out and look at some. This is the "traditional" planting weekend, but with a risk of frost on Monday night, I think I'll wait until next weekend for that.

10. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

May 15, 2009

This is my relaxing weekend. I came home from school today and my 2 daughters had cleaned the entire house. I am considering not leaving my house again until I have to go to work on Monday. This is the first weekend that we do not have baseball since February. Next weekend will be a totally different story because my daughter graduates from high school on Sunday.

11. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

May 15, 2009

Only if I get very, very lost.

12. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 15, 2009

I want to see a movie for my bday.

13. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

May 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Tennis Player!!!

14. smalltowngal

May 15, 2009

:happybday:

15. Blue

Blue Aficionado

May 15, 2009

I think I will take my adorable grandson to see Star Trek.

16. MissJennifer

MissJennifer Companion

May 15, 2009

I'm hoping to survive tomorrow! It's our school auction tomorrow night. Today was inservice for setup - and I just got home (it's 9:30 pm here) - and I'm pooped!! Hopefully the auction will go well, we have some awesome stuff up for auction, plus some really great artwork by the kids at our school (Preschool - 4th grade). Sunday, I'm relaxing!

17. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 16, 2009

Happy B-day TennisPlayer!

This is the weekend before my 3 college finals. Need I say more? Study, study, & study!

18. AspieTeacher

AspieTeacher Comrade

May 16, 2009

My Weekend Plans (May 16,2009)

I will eat the same food at the same restaurant during the afternoon. I usually have the same routine every Saturday. It's going to be warmer than usual this weekend, so outdoor activity will be very limited.

I plan on eating my dinner (early) at a local TGIFriday's restaurant. I will order the same meal that I usually order.

I plan on going to the dance bar to do some disco dancing (yes, 70's disco music) and dancing the night away. I usually dress for comfort and I will be wearing my ABBA pride T-shirt too.

I don't plan on going to Long Beach Pride festival though. I don't do well in crowded areas due to my senses. :woot:

Aspieteacher

19. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

May 16, 2009

Last night I had a romantic evening with the boyfriend. I will keep the details to myself. :)

Today I am heading to my parents. My cousin from LA is home and we are having dinner at my Nana's. Then tomorrow I think my mom and one or both of my grandmothers and I are going to see ANgels and Demons.

20. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

May 16, 2009

I'm going to see Star Trek and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past tomorrow and have lunch in between the showings with a teacher friend of mine.

21. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

May 16, 2009

I had planned on spending much of the weekend resting...we had Open House at school Thursday night and I didn't get home until almost 11:00 p.m., then up at 4:00 a.m. so I haven't had much sleep.

Instead, we got up to a refrigerator making a horrible noise and water dripping everywhere. One service call later we learn that we can get this one repaired for close to $500, so a big chunk of the day was spent buying a new refrigerator and getting the old one emptied. Thank goodness we have a tide-us-over refrigerator in the pantry which was being used as a cabinet, but what a chore to get everything switched.

22. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 17, 2009

My friend had her 'Fabulously Fifty' birthday party last night. Friday night I helped her make some platters of hors doevres for the party and had dinner with my parents. Last night dh and I drove to NYC for the party. It was at my friend's brother's apartment in the very 'in' meatpacking district of the city...he's a music composer/producer and has a fabulous apartment with his Broadway producer partner...By NYC standards, the apartment was huge...big space, great for a party...lots of comfy chairs and banquettes for lounging. They had hired bartenders so the wine was flowing and the food was great (especially our hors doevres!!). There was a small terrace outside where you could sit and watch the lights come up the south end of the city...they used to have a view of the World Trade towers...good music, interesting people. My friend was so happy. What a fun night...

Back to reality today. The Yankees game is on, doing laundry, have to write sub plans for Tuesday- just found out Friday afternoon my principal chose me to go with her, a colleague and the superintendant to see a new assessment tool that another district uses. Cool to be asked...hate writing sub plans though!:spitwater:

23. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 17, 2009

I need to wash my car. I'll wait till it gets cooler.

I need to start washing my hair, which I do every Sun.

24. smalltowngal

May 17, 2009

cza-the party sounds like it was so much fun! How exciting to live in an area like that. Though I don't think I could ever do it, it would be great to hang out there for a party.

25. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

May 17, 2009

How often do you wash your hair? I wash mine everyday. It helps me wake up in the morning! :)

26. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 17, 2009

It is exciting...Some nights in NYC are just magical. Last night was one of them watching the lights come up in the city...Seeing others in their apartments going about their Saturday nights, stepping out into the street after the party in my glamorous dress and heels and walking along the street vendors, the shopkeepers and the other people coming and going from their evening's events... Driving up toward the GW Bridge with just a mist of impending rain hanging in the air, making the city lights sparkle like strings of gems. Magical and exciting, indeed.

27. smalltowngal

May 17, 2009

Making me jealous now with the description! :p I'm glad that you had a great Sat. evening out.

28. smalltowngal

May 17, 2009

TeacherNY-I have to wash my hair every day or else it gets too greasy.

29. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 17, 2009

The best part of all is that my friend who turned 50 battled cancer several years ago and is doing well...:love:

30. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 17, 2009

I wash mine once a week. My hair is down to my butt & my hair type doesn't require daily washing. During summer mos, I wash it every 3-4 days.

31. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 17, 2009

We're back from Bay to Breakers, and I am burnt like toast. We drove the convertable, so I baked. But it was fun and I got to wave like a beauty queen (I realized I have jiggly arms and vow to do something about that immediately), and we saw tons of naked people, hula dancers, pink gorillas, people dressed like beer cans and lots of references to swine flu. I love the tradition and craziness-it's kind of cool to think you can run from one side of San Francisco to the other while dressed as anything in the world and have everyone cheer you on.

We also went to a few open houses this afternoon, and I found my dream house of the week. Sigh. 1930's bliss.

32. smalltowngal

May 17, 2009

Sounds interesting Jem.

Well, I didn't get to the movies this weekend. Instead, I cleaned the house somewhat, finished the laundry, and finished my masters work for this week. And figured out that I only have 4MORE CLASSES!!!!!!

33. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

May 17, 2009

I looked at my next-door teacher's facebook pages of her running in Bay to Breakers dressed as a Pink Slip (hahaha!).

Also went to the school spring picnic/talent show. Three of my students wrote an original song and played it on two electric guitars and a keyboard. One said, "Thank you, Shelly, for all your support!" because I let them write their song during Writer's Workshop and encouraged them to perform. Ah, a teacher moment!!

Took my girls to their last Daisy Girl Scout meeting.

Got really sick Saturday night.

Finished an IEP document.

Grocery shopping, laundry.