What Are You Doing This 3-Day Weekend?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 2, 2011

Yay! Monday's our 1st holiday since school's started!

Fri - Christian music concert w/ my mom tonight
    Sat - Relax, maybe walk dog, out & about w/ BF
    Sun - Shopping w/ a friend
    Mon - See BF, probably eat out, etc.

All while doing grad school HW/quiz, relaxing, sleeping in, & staying up very late! I need to go to the gym too! :)

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 2, 2011

I haven't been food shopping since we got our power back. That REALLY needs to be a priority tomorrow morning.

I promised Kira that tomorrow we would go through all her school supples and sort and label them for the start of school on Tuesday.

After mass and the diner on Sunday we'll have some neighbors for a barbecue if the weather holds up.

Beyond that, I have to organize some stuff for National Honor Society, and prep for our first real week at school.

And I want to spend this weekend enjoying my family before things get crazy next week.

4. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Sep 2, 2011

We have a 4 day weekend. Today a recooped from the first 4 days of school - lots of sleeping this morning. Then I got my hair done - it's been MONTHS. Stopped in BOrders and got a sack full mostly 70-80 % off. Had chinese with the BF for dinner.

Unfortunately, the rest of the weekend will be house cleaning and school work. Maybe a bbq at our friends' house.

5. Major

Major Connoisseur

Sep 2, 2011

I'm thinking about a 21 day weekend........

6. 1st-yr-teacher

1st-yr-teacher Comrade

Sep 2, 2011

Saturday-nephews 2nd birthday party, dog to the groomers, and of course...college football(GOOO DAWGS!!!)
    Sunday-Church and probably will go to school and work...Bc I am just that far behind.
    Monday-want to work around the house and work on my back porch. I need to transform it from a spiders haven into a place I can sit and enjoy. :)

7. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Sep 2, 2011

We are just hoping to stay dry with TS Lee off the Louisiana coast. 5 inches of rain makes our garage flood and 9 inches floods our house. We are predicted to have 10-12 inches of rain this weekend. :)

8. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Sep 2, 2011

Stay safe Chemteach!!!!

For me, Friday with the coworkers/high school football.
    Saturday, grading and lesson planning/hanging with my daughter
    Sunday, possibly church/errands/cleaning house
    Monday, hair appointments and resting. :)

9. linswin23

linswin23 Cohort

Sep 2, 2011

I hope everyone has a great long weekend--it's much deserved!

The county fair starts up tomorrow, so I'm going to go check it out with my mom, her friend, and my BF. Later in the evening my BF and I are going to go to a movie.

Sunday I may be going to lunch with my parents.

Monday my BF and I are going on a day-trip. We haven't decided where, but the beach is one of the possibilities.

All in between going here and there I'll be doing laundry (weekend ritual), cleaning (weekend ritual) reading--I just started a great book, and gardening.

Enjoy, everyone!

10. Joy

Joy Cohort

Sep 2, 2011

Do you still have Borders in Pennsylvania? The ones here already went out of business. It's such a shame because their stores here were always packed! I miss shopping there!

11. nklauste

nklauste Comrade

Sep 2, 2011

All I know I will be doing this weekend is planning for this coming week (our first week of school). I would love to go shopping to get some new school clothes, but it is definitely not in the budget until the end of the month :(

12. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Sep 2, 2011

Saturday night we have a game night with friends.
    Sunday night I'm hosting a small block party on the beach.

13. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Sep 2, 2011

Tonight - school football game
    Tomorrow - lunch and maybe a movie with my dad, board game night
    Sunday - Comic convention
    Monday - an extended date with my DVR and some papers to grade

14. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Sep 2, 2011

Tonight DH and I went to the high school football game. Not bad entertainment for $5. I get in free, so we just have to get DH's ticket. DH loves football, even though our team isn't that great. He comes from a huge football school, so it took some doing to get him interested in watching our school. I go to people watch and see the marching band. I'm a former band geek.

I'm planning on staying in most of the day tomorrow. Tomorrow evening is the funeral visitation for a former co-workers son. He was also one of my students. He was only 34. His brother also died young.

Sunday I'm going to church with DH. (He works at a different church than I attend.) Then we're going to spend the day with his mom.

Monday is DH's 40th birthday. We don't do cards & presents, but I'm going to take him out for dinner.

15. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Sep 2, 2011

We just went to dinner.
    Rest of the weekend - housework, laundry, yard work, homework.

Hmmm...I have no life....sigh!

16. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 3, 2011

We might live close to each other. I've been going to the LA county fair 2-4 times each yr for the past 20+ yrs. I have plenty of $5/person after 5pm coupons!

I hope they bring back my 2 favorite eating places: Toad in the Hole pizza & Crocodile Potatoes! Can't believe the best food places were taken away a couple of yrs ago.

17. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Sep 3, 2011

It's the last weekend I have before my husband deploys for six months. Of course, he works this weekend. It sounds like he might get Sunday off, so I think we might possibly go out to eat. Besides that, we will probably just spend a lot of time together at home, relaxing.

18. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Sep 3, 2011

MissCecilia: A comic convention sounds interesting. That's something I've never done.

Ima: Happy birthday to DH!

Far: Ughh. Deployment. Definitely make it relaxing and enjoy your time together.

For all you football folks, that is something I never could get into but $5 does sound like a cheap date!

19. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Sep 3, 2011

SLEEP, I am tired.
    [​IMG]

20. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 3, 2011

Dave, are you up very early or very late??

21. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 3, 2011

I'm burning the midnight oil. Finished 2 HW assignments not so long ago.

22. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 3, 2011

I'm up early.

Peter and Brian set the alarm for 4:30. They wanted another shot at photographing the Fire Island lighthouse at dawn, this time with a ladder (there's a reason, and Peter explained it, but it escapes me at the moment.)
    http://www.fireislandlighthouse.com/

Anyway, once I'm awake, I'm awake.

They just called (it's almost 7 am here) they're leaving Fire Island and going out for breakfast.

23. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 3, 2011

Not much planned and I'm glad for that. Took son back to school this week and had two teacher meeting days at school...kids Tuesday.:woot:

We'll do the usual weekend errands, maybe grill. I need a haircut...maybe a little BTS shopping for me:p

Mostly we're just relaxing.

24. janlee

janlee Devotee

Sep 3, 2011

I left for Boston Thursday night to visit my son and daughter-in-law. Went to the aquarium yesterday, had a fabulous lobster roll in the South Boson waterfront, and an Indian dinner last night. Today we're headed for the beach. Tomorrow Chinatown for brunch and some exploring. Leaving early Monday morning. I'm loving every minute of it. This is my only get away this summer and it has been well worth the wait.

25. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 3, 2011

I went grocery shopping this morning--needed to stock up on things for school lunches, snacks and quick dinners before school starts. The next couple of days I'll spend reading, getting caught up on the laundry, and finalizing my plans for the month.

26. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Sep 3, 2011

I know how that is. When I was in middle or high school there was a fried vegetable stand at our state fair. We were at the fair almost every day for 4-H stuff, and I was eating there almost every day. I loved it. But they never came back after that. I craved that stand for YEARS and then last year after I moved to PA, I went to our local town fair and it was there! The exact same stand. Turns out they are from this area. And it was delicious, just like I remember.

27. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Sep 3, 2011

We did. I know they have been closing them gradually over the past couple years, but now the whole company is closing.

Not much left! Klutz books were 60 or 70% off though, if you have one in your area.

28. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Sep 3, 2011

I was up late and now up early

29. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Sep 3, 2011

We have been in school for 5 weeks now so this break is coming at a perfect time!

No plans yet...I need to get some house work done

30. donziejo

donziejo Devotee

Sep 3, 2011

My plans are changing because of TS Lee:( Don't know yet!

31. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 3, 2011

Yay, I have a coupon for Johnny Carino's for buy 1 entree, get the 2nd free!

That's great...ah the nostalgia!

32. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Sep 4, 2011

Spending time with family and friends because in 3 days I will be busy with school again. I should grocery shop for quick lunch food.

33. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Sep 4, 2011

We are remodeling our condo with upgrades like a new bathroom sink and faucet, fresh grout so the tiles look sparkling new, painting our whit kitchen cabinets and adding new knobs. I am learning new skills yay!
    Today I am drilling holes and adding the knobs by using a jig to find the right spot everytime....it is a small cardboard piece where I measured the place I need to drill the hole in the corners.
    We are doing all of this so when we sell someday we will be focused on just moving etc and will feel good about doing this on our own!

34. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Sep 4, 2011

Well, I had a surprise house-guest on Thursday evening, so that quickly moved up my Saturday cleaning chores! So, I spent Saturday relaxing, reading, and writing (inside, away from the heat) and then doing a bit of grading/chores. This afternoon I'm doing school stuff and listening to the baseball game, and tomorrow I'm going on a long hike with a coworker.

35. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 31, 2013

I'll just carry this thread over from 2 yrs ago. What's everyone doing?

Fri - So hot & tired from the day & week that I took a cool shower & relaxed at home!

Sat - Reading, reading, & more reading for my grad class. Went shopping at Marshalls earlier. Got jeans & 2 jackets (a grey one & a black athletic one) for when the weather gets cooler.

Sun - Probably staying home all day to do more reading & take a test.

Mon - I'm a little more free again. Will go out for a while to the 99 Cent store & a couple other places. I should wait till the evening when it's cooler.

36. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Aug 31, 2013

Friday: Went to Walmart for my monthly shopping trip.

Saturday: Went thrift store shopping with a friend. Dropped stuff off at work. Ate supper with Mom & her BF. Cruised town for our second annual cruising. Met up with my BFF there. Two loads of laundry, with three more to go. I was sick last weekend and didn't do any.

Sunday: Church. Lunch at Mom's. Work in classroom.

Monday: Work in classroom. Need to get my file cabinets set up with common core. It's still with the old standards & genre units. Also need to rethink some things that aren't working with the flow of my room.

I have Tuesday off, too. I have jury duty from 9:30 to 10:00, but they give me the whole day off! I'll take it!

37. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Sep 1, 2013

SLEEP, I am STILL tired.
    [​IMG]

38. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Sep 1, 2013

Unfortunately I woke up sick yesterday. So I spent the day resting. This morning g I need to do some work for grad school, and at some point I need to get a manicure and grade some papers. That's the extent of my plans for the weekend...

39. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 1, 2013

Friday--10.5 hours at school strting to get set up.
    Saturday--quick trip into school to drop off a couple of things, then drove 6 hours to see my daughter's soccer game (she's starting this year!)
    Sunday--drive home, grocery shop, pick up a few more things for school
    Monday--all day at school to finish prep for the first day on Tuesday!

40. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Sep 1, 2013

Good luck, Mrs C. - you have a lot on your plate!

Spent about six hours at school on Saturday. I switched grades and some of my materials finally came in! Our phonics program has many pieces, that all need labeled so when a kiddo drops something you know whose it is.

Today am baking to help a friend with a party, and then going to the party.

Monday I will do some school work and hope to get some time to relax.

All three days. - laundry and try to straighten up the chaos at home.

41. thirdgradebuzz

thirdgradebuzz Comrade

Sep 1, 2013

Friday night- dinner with coworkers
    Saturday- charity softball game in a.m., relaxed and cleaned up around the house rest of day
    Sunday- church, work on dissertation
    Monday- work on dissertation, lunch with a friend, may have to make a trip to the college to turn in some paperwork