What are the reasons?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Lillymagento321, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Lillymagento321

Lillymagento321 Rookie

Aug 23, 2012

Why children's become annoying sometimes? This is my kind question i have been suffered sometimes with my children's which becomes irritating often.

3. smurfette

smurfette Habitué

Aug 23, 2012

I would guess because they are human. Doesn't everyone become annoying sometimes? Heck, I annoy myself.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 23, 2012

Oh my.

I believe you are referring to your own children, right? What kinds of things have you tried? It could simply be your kids are tired or hungry or overwhelmed or seeking attention when misbehaving...when do you most see these kinds of behaviors?

5. tootgravytrain

tootgravytrain Comrade

Aug 23, 2012

I say's well that just the way life's is!

6. Mathemagician

Mathemagician Groupie

Aug 23, 2012

Too much sugar.

7. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Aug 23, 2012

Kids are annoying. If you didn't know that before you got into teaching then something's wrong! ;)

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 23, 2012

Oh my, oh my.

I believe the OP is a parent looking for some help...it would be nice to keep that in mind.

9. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 23, 2012

As a parent and a teacher:

Most kids don't try to be annoying. They simply don't realize that there's a world outside their own wants and needs. They have a question, and they want the answer; it simply doesn't enter their minds that someone else might want or need something more important.

Kids live in the moment; the whole idea of waiting for something simply requires a level of maturity that they don't yet have. Likewise, they simply don't understand how an adult might have priorities that differ from their own.

They also sometimes lack the verbal abilities to tell you exactly what's wrong. So that infant will scream and cry until you try everything and hit the one thing that's making him uncomfortable.

Likewise, my 12 year old always gets incredibly cranky when her blood sugar drops (yes, we've had bloodwork done,and she's not hypoglycemic. She's just apparently very sensitive to blood sugar levels.) So when she's cranky, it usually means she needs MORE sugar, not less. When we were in Disney 2 weeks ago I made a real effort to ensure that she always had a snack with her,and it made a remarkable difference.

Still another issue can be lack of sleep. I don't know how old your kids are, but when my kids were preschoolers, I knew I could count on "cranky time" at about 4 pm. They've been awake a long time by that hour. A little snuggle time on the couch in front of the TV helped. Even if they didn't sleep, the rest seemed to help all of us.
    OP, hang in there.