What are some of the educational technology tools you use in your classroom?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by vaneashl, Nov 28, 2016.

1. vaneashl

vaneashl Guest

Nov 28, 2016

Hello! I am currently a junior in college and am in the elementary education program. I was wondering what educational or instructional technology tools that are actually being used in a classroom. What are some favorites and why? What would be the best recommendation for a new teacher?

3. Secondary Teach

Secondary Teach Companion

Nov 28, 2016

I use a few tools including, but not limited to: Google Earth, Maps, and Blackboard. Google Docs, Sheets, and Excel are great resources for creating assessments, monitoring student progress, and informing instruction as well. Please let me know if you have any questions, on how I use these.

:)

4. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Nov 29, 2016

When I had a smart board, I used it everyday.

5. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Dec 8, 2016

We have a classroom smartboard, student computers (8) and each child has an 1:1 ipad to use, that can be checked-out and taken home (parents' permission required). This is for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade. We also have access to Apple TV, laptops (on a limited basis) and each teacher has a school provided laptop for their use in planning and teaching. Teachers also have a school provided ipad with Google Classroom on it. We have a wide variety of apps that have been vetted and teacher-approved. We also teach typing in class (thus the 8 computers).

6. otterpop

otterpop Aficionado

Dec 8, 2016

I have only a SmartBoard, no student tech,

7. cocobean

cocobean Companion

Dec 8, 2016

Teacher computer, document camera, smart projector, and 5 student computers.
    We have access to surface computers; there are three rotating classroom sets.
    We can go to the computer lab weekly, or as needed.

I love my document camera and smart projector, and use them daily. The projector essentially turns my whiteboard into a smartboard, WHICH I LOVE.
    Student computers are a necessity since we do AR at my school and students take quizzes daily. I'm quite happy with the technology I have in my room and what I have access to.

8. Sherlock Brandon

Sherlock Brandon New Member

Dec 12, 2016

Hey,

The latest educational technology we are using at our school is i-Pad.Under the program, i-Pad education we are providing tabs to every student to use it in school so as to enhance the Edu-comp program.Education with computers help students to learn in interesting way.Also it imparts message that we are currently living in Technology Age in which technology is changing every day.

9. TeacherCuriousExplore

TeacherCuriousExplore Cohort

Dec 12, 2016

I use handheld Android tablets. I use them in small groups

10. livio bolzon

livio bolzon Rookie

Dec 13, 2016

Hey ,
    Well right now many school are buying Chrome books because they are very powerful and much cheaper than iPads. Coding for Kids is really big right now many schools are looking for tools to use to teach their young students some basic programing.
    I would recommend finding fun tools that students like and that you have a fun time teaching.

Best,
    Livio
    Co-Founder - Codemoji . com Coding for Kids platform

Hello! I am currently a junior in college and am in the elementary education program. I was wondering what educational or instructional technology tools that are actually being used in a classroom. What are some favorites and why? What would be the best recommendation for a new teacher?

11. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Dec 13, 2016

We have a class set of Chromebooks. Love them. We use Google Classroom and Quizizz almost daily. We use Quizlet for vocabulary, and I've had them all make Wordpress blogs that we're going to use to record science notes and projects, as well as lab write-ups soon.

12. vincischool

vincischool Rookie

Jan 27, 2017

Education World offers new technology content every day. Some of our pieces related to technology tools can be found in this archive.There are various techniques that we can use in our classrooms such as laptops, computer, i-pads and mobile phones.

13. Backroads

Backroads Aficionado

Jan 27, 2017

We have Apple TVs and ipads for each teacher, plus 5 Chromebooks per class, plus grade sets of Ipads (about 30 per grade, which we divvy up with heads up if we need all of them for something.)