What are some biggest problems you are facing today as a teacher that technology can help solve?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by barry hills, Jun 3, 2016.

1. barry hills

barry hills New Member

Jun 3, 2016

What are some resources you wish existed on the web (apps, websites) that would make your life easier?

3. Pashtun

Pashtun Fanatic

Jun 3, 2016

I think one thing technology should be able to address is the turnaround time and data from standardized tests. The results from these tests should be available very quickly since most are administered and graded by computer.

otterpop likes this.
  4. otterpop

otterpop Phenom

Jun 3, 2016

I like classdojo.com for behavior management and parent communication, but I'd like more similar options in that area. I think there is a lot you could do with it - make it a game, let kids earn points to do something fun, etc.

5. The_best_teacher

The_best_teacher Rookie

Jun 10, 2016

As an ELA teacher, I'm facing with cheating, plagiarism and lack of attention of my students. My students are high-schoolers, so they're easily distracted.

Despite that fact I'm already using a powerful plagiarism checker Unplag in my classroom, there are some additional features I would like to be implemented. I would like to have:
    - synonym & sentence structure checking option - to detect possible rough paraphrase (I haven't heard about this feature in many plagiarism detection tools)
    - instant grader

And speaking of distraction, sometimes my students are distracted when they are using educational apps. So for this reason I'm a little bit confused. We blocked main distraction websites, but is this the way out?