What are my chances?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by brianbelle, Jul 25, 2015.

1. brianbelle

brianbelle New Member

Jul 25, 2015

Hi everyone! I wanted to share my interview experience with a particular district and ask for your opinions on what my chances are of getting this job.

I applied for this teaching position online and received a call that I am recommended for a screening interview. I went in and did the screening interview. It was with 2 principals from the school district and they just asked 4-5 questions.

The next day I received a call from Human Resources saying that I am recommended for a follow up interview, where I would teach a demo lesson. I did the demo lesson in front of the 3 potential principals who were looking to hire. It went really well and they gave really positive feedback.

About a week later I received a call from one of the principals asking permission to contact my current employer. I hesitated at first because my current employer thinks I am coming back for the school year and the principal said something along the lines of, "I don't know how human resources would feel about me not contacting a current employer." I ended up giving her permission to call my employer who I teach with this summer (different from my employer during the school year) and she was fine with that. About an hour later I received a call from Human Resources saying that I have been recommended for an interview with the superintendent.

What do you think my chances are? Since I have an interview with the superintendent, does that mean I already have the job and it is just a formality thing? Or do you think it's down to me and a few other applicants? It is very difficult to get into a school district where I'm from, especially for a younger teacher, so I'm really excited about this possibility and would love love love this opportunity.

3. MrTeach11

MrTeach11 Rookie

Jul 25, 2015

Sounds like chances are good. No way to know for sure whether you are the only candidate left so go into the meeting with the Superintendent ready to impress. It is either you are the choice or it is down to a very select few. Either way you want to leave a very good impression with the Super.

4. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 25, 2015

I've had superintendent interviews where it was a formality and where it was between me and another candidate. So either way your odds are pretty good. Good luck!

5. burgandy01

burgandy01 Rookie

Aug 12, 2015

I'd say 75% or better.

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 13, 2015

Chances sound good to me. Could be that the superintendent interview is only a formality or at least it's down to you and one other candidate and the super will decide which candidate gets the offer. I'd go in to impress.

Good luck!