What are file folder games??

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by TamiJ, Jan 30, 2010.

1. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jan 30, 2010

I have no idea what file folder games are. I keep seeing it flash on top of the screen here. What are they??

3. gottagoodgig

gottagoodgig Companion

Jan 30, 2010

They are just games that educational companies sell (or that you could make) that you store in a file folder. For example, at the teacher supply store you can buy a set of file folder games. You can cut out a few items and put them in a file folder (either your own folder or sometimes the folder comes with the games) and you have an activity for the kids to work on! Some of these same types of activities are made to store in large envelopes...same stuff just not in the file folder. Google it or go to your teacher supply store and I'm sure you'll find some! Hope this helps!

4. GoehringTeaches

GoehringTeaches Comrade

Jan 30, 2010

My students love love love file folder games. I use construction paper to mount them and not file folders because of the cost! We call them ticket centers (and other teachers call them go-arounds) because I set out six different file folder activities that touch on the various skills we learned for the week and they are required to go-around and complete each task before getting a check mark on their ticket. They look forward to ticket centers every Friday. As I continue to make more, I hope to do it twice a week! We will see!

5. Touchthefuture

Touchthefuture Comrade

Jan 30, 2010

Yeah I agree with the other posters. You can use these for Math Centers, Reading Centers, etc. The kids take them to their seat to work on them. A lot of the premade ones that they sell are in a game format so the kids think they are playing games. They are also focused on the curriculum standards.