What am I trying to say

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MissH225, Mar 7, 2009.

1. MissH225

MissH225 Comrade

Mar 7, 2009

I think one of my strengths is I like to find the child in the classroom who is the "troublemaker" and get them under control. Once this child is behaving the rest of the class is a piece of cake.EX: During student teaching I had a extremely defiant and I created a behavior plan and once I got his behavior under control I found the rest of the class was behaving better or at least it seemed all the other discipline problems were easier because I dealt with "the big problem"

Does this make sense? How would you phrase this as something I am good at?

3. melissa803

melissa803 Comrade

Mar 7, 2009

Individualizing behavior management, recognizing individual needs...

How about something like this...

"One of my strengths is behavior management. I believe this is one of the most important areas for teachers to excel in. Good classroom management sets a positive tone in the class and creates a community of learners. I try to individualize my behavior management to each student's needs. For example, when I was student teaching, I had a student who struggled to.... So I... This helped the whole class function more smoothly."

Melissa

4. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Mar 7, 2009

I think what Melissa suggested sounds good. I think that is definitely a great strength to have as a teacher, because it is those wild and unruly kids who bring down other classmates, making for a tough classroom to manage!