what am i doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by topaide, Aug 22, 2007.

1. topaide

topaide New Member

Aug 22, 2007

i recently quit my aide job to stay home with my newborn. I am ready to find a new job and have had many interviews. Unfortunately , I have not had any offers. I have been an aide for 10 years. I have been aide of the year 3 times and was constantly praised by my boss and co workers. I also have all the educational experience I need. How do I stand out at my interviews?

3. teach101

teach101 Companion

Aug 22, 2007

I guess it depends on how you are answering the questions. I know during my first couple of interviews I went home thinking how I should have answered them. I am not the type to practice interviewing but I like to think about questions and the best answer I could give. Maybe run through your answers and make sure the coinside with your educational experience.

4. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Aug 22, 2007

Have you given examples of the work you've done that led to being aide of the year? Have you really tried to sell yourself? It's a brutal market out there!:(

It may just be that they don't consider an aide as actual teaching experience. I know, because I was an aide, and I have gotten the not enough experience comment.

Just persevere!