What Age Would You Stay Forever?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 7, 2011

What age woud you stay forever if you could? :)

OK, since we're wishing, I want the best of both worlds! I'd want to stay looking how I did in my 20s (not that I look bad now ;)), but w/ the accomplishments I've done so far. Notice I didn't say wisdom. I was very mature & had a good head on my shoulders back then too...never did anything stupid or that I regret, etc.

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 7, 2011

Every day and every age has it's own gifts and milestones...I wouldn't trade a day.

4. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Feb 7, 2011

Even though I get slightly freaked out at the thought of getting older, I wouldn't want to stay one age. I've learned so much in my life, and I feel like my relationship with my husband gets better with time. I also enjoy seeing my children grow and mature, even though that is sad sometimes. I do sometimes think it would be interesting to un-age, a la Benjamin Button...but who am I to second guess the man with the plan? ;)

5. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Feb 7, 2011

To revert back to any age, that would obviously be an incredibly serious and difficult decision. I would have to be willing to give up things I have only recently obtained or experienced. But it's actually a decision I wouldn't immediately dismiss. I liked twenty-four. And twenty-five, and twenty-six...and five, and six...obviously there are highlights and lowlights of each year of my life. But twenty-four was especially enjoyable.

And just because I'm in a particularly musical mood tonight... There is a DMB song which references being twenty-three and so tired of life. It's always, for some reason, struck a chord with me. I got past that stage and was really happy at twenty-four, so maybe that's another reason it's a winner with me.

6. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Feb 7, 2011

I know what age I would NOT want to be again...29. Possibly 28 also. I had such a feeling of dread, from that big 3-0 that I was so frightened of. Plus, when people would ask my age, when I would say twenty-nine, I would always get "oh, yeah right".

By the way, 30 was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I'm about to turn 32 in 2 days, and I'm pretty comfortable...

7. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Feb 7, 2011

That is a super hard question! I don't know. I agree with the other posts. I continue to grow as a person, so every year is valuable. The Oprah show I watched today had 4 models on TV and one said something pretty amazing. She said we often forget what a privilege it is to age. As my Father would say, aging beats the alternative! :)

8. webmistress

webmistress Devotee

Feb 7, 2011

My Elementary-aged years were so magical and wonderful for me (thanks mom & dad). I think I got set up in a sense that the rest of life just won't be that magical because my life started off so fairytale, if I'm making sense here.

I always joke about let's go back to 1985 when I was about 9. My husband can be my little boyfriend and I'd be fine if I never had to grow up. Words can't express how much I miss those years. In my 20's I used to have dreams that I was a happy little carefree girl without a worry in the world once again and I would get sad in the dream when I realized I was now an adult, and I will have to wake up and finish being an adult.

I love where I am now, sans the financial and career problems. I'm getting so old (34) and about to bring a new life into the world and realize more and more that I'm old and life is going by too fast...but being a wife and soon-to-be mom is magical and a beautiful blessing without a doubt.

Thankfully we can't go back in time because if we could I'm sure I would have, lol.

9. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Feb 7, 2011

In my 20s
    My Lament
    I wish I knew then what I know now :rolleyes:

10. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Feb 8, 2011

24 was a fun year for me: began dating my husband, graduated from college, moved across country, started teaching... I'd do that one again, I guess, if i had to choose. 19 was another fun year, but I wouldn't go back without my husband, though that's the year we met. It would be nice to not have high blood pressure anymore!

11. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Feb 8, 2011

I'm 36, feel 24 ... I can't wait to know myself at 65 and 75 ...

I've been blessed with a happy, positive life. I've done and seen things that I value, I've accomplished things that are important to me, I love to learn, I love to give ... I think I will be a pretty cool old lady. :)

12. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Feb 8, 2011

I'll be 32 very soon, but I feel like 22 and look about 21. I think I have the best of both worlds :) I can "be" in my early 20's when I go out, then get to "play" teacher by day...it works for me. I think my early 30's were the best, but like kcjo, 29 was horrible for me!!

13. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Feb 8, 2011

I don't think I've reached an age yet that I'd want to be forever, yet, although I really don't want to look older I also want to see how certain things in my life work out. If I ever had children I could see wanting to extend the time that they were small.

14. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Feb 8, 2011

I'm really enjoying my current stage of life - mid-late twenties. But I don't think I'd want to stay here forever.

15. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 8, 2011

webmistress, I absolutely LOVED my childhood as well. My parents made it so incredible.

16. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Feb 8, 2011

I love the age I am now...29. Though sometimes I'd love to be in HS again because I love being a student.

17. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Feb 8, 2011

I was at my absolute tops when I was 31. When I turned 30 I realized that all the pressure to do stuff by that age was off. Oddly enough, that put me on a year's worth of self-improvement that landed me looking and feeling better than I ever had in my 20s. Need to get back to being that thin and self-confident.

18. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 8, 2011

I don't think I could pick one... I've learned different things & had fun at different times, of course looking back it would be fun to know what I know now & make those differences in my life!!!

Although I think our family is at a pretty fun age... if we could all just stay this age it could be fun!!! LOL!!!

19. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Feb 8, 2011

My happiest time in life was mid twenties. But I didn't really gain wisdom or strength until I turned 40! So maybe 40 would be a good time. That is when I was forced to learn to be assertive and speak up for myself and make things happen in my life.

The only thing I don't like about aging is the aches and pains that come along. And the surprising reality that most things do not get easier with time. I thought life would become easier, but I think as you become more thoughtful, life gets more difficult. Lots of opportunities to grow coming my way!!

20. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Feb 8, 2011

Hey it would be interesting to set up a poll to find the average ages represented here. I know some do not want to state their ages. Could someone set that up?

21. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Feb 8, 2011

I don't think I could pick one either.

I'd like to have the energy and health I had in my mid 20's with the work experience and education I have now. That would be really nice!

22. webmistress

webmistress Devotee

Feb 8, 2011

:cool::cool:

My mom loves when I mention how wonderful those years were. I hope the little ones in my family will grow up to say the same, though they are growing up in a completely different time and their lives are so different than ours were even though we're in the same family.

23. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Feb 8, 2011

Maybe elementary school.... but with friends.

I'm always looking forward-I don't like to remember some of the choices I've made or ways I've acted, and am always hoping to do better in the future. I can't wait for my 30's. I think dh and I have a pretty great life-we're working out and financially stable and have a great time together. I love running my business. I do hope that I can find happiness in my career in the next year or two-that's the missing link at the moment. A child or two would be great, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. So I think right now, sans the stress at work, is great.

24. bondo

bondo Cohort

Feb 9, 2011

I' d go with 25. It was a fun time, carefree and I was able to travel and see the world. It gave me a new perspective, elements of which I still have today.

25. CandorWit

CandorWit Rookie

Feb 9, 2011

I would love to have the body and health that I had when I was 21. If I stayed that age forever, time would still go by and I'd still experience all life had to offer, just in a better looking package. I'd take it.

26. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Feb 9, 2011

30 was great. Nice figure, 6-year-old child learning to play ball, first house.

27. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Feb 9, 2011

About 22...having the figure and the looks, beautiful, long healthy hair. I felt and looked fabulous and I really hate looking older. I'll be 60 next year and that sucks.

28. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

Feb 12, 2011

I think HS would be the lowest vote, if we put it to a vote. :)

This is a funny question: childhood is really the best time if you think about it. We tend to think of it (going back to childhood) in the mindset as adults. But when you are a little kid: you have very little conception of anything (like independence or money) and so everything is so much more meaningful and appreciated.

For example, to have no money worries whatsoever? (Most kids can't even count coins/change, and think a dollar bill is "wow" :woot:) To appreciate the value of two rocks as a "treasure" or toy... or enjoying playing in sand as a fulfilling and worthwhile activity (as opposed to a waste of your time)... how great is that.

29. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Feb 12, 2011

I'm the same, but worst. I am 28 and look like I'm in high school. I purchased some science books from Costco and the lady asked if they were for school and asked if I was a student. I said, they are for school, but I am a teacher. She said that I didn't look older than 19.

Sigh....

Oh, I love looking young, but I wish I looked early 20s instead of late teens. BLEH!

So, there really is no age I want to stay at. What I would rather do is relive my life with the knowledge that I have now, and avoid the mistakes that I've made.

30. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Feb 12, 2011

To be quite honest, each year of my life (after the age of 18) has gotten better and better (I had a wonderful childhood).

I don't think I was very attractive in my late teens and early 20s (waaaay too skinny...could never gain weight) but I think I've gotten better looking each year. My late 20s have been great! Just turned 29 the other day and people normally think I'm a lot younger!

Wow...hopefully I don't sound too full of myself!!!