What a day!!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by alilisa, Jan 2, 2013.

1. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Jan 2, 2013

First day back and it was less than ideal!!!

1. The heat wasn't working and with the temp hovering around 0 outside you can about imagine the temp inside! The head matinence guy (at the district office) didn't believe us, so it wasn't fixed until noon (after a threat from our principal to shut down our school for the day)! It had only made it to 55 when I left after school! :eek:

2. Parents didn't think their kids needed snowpants and boots today for recess-even though we have lots of snow on the ground! :mad:

3. My girls went to use the bathroom and stepped in the poop on the floor left by a girl in a different class! So I got to put on gloves to take shoes off! Talk about a stench that lingered in the hallway for the rest of the day! :eek:hmy:

4. Sitting under 4 blankets, with the fire place on, the furnace set to 72 and I am STILL freezing!!!!

5. Missed a conference call by an hour! They said was starting later, but apparently called my cell phone today saying it was starting an hour earlier! Didn't get the message until too late because we aren't allowed to have our cell phones on us during the day! :mad:

The best part of my day was coming home to my puppy who has snuggled up with me tonight! She is usually not a snuggler, but is hanging close to me tonight! :) Tomorrow can only be better!!! :p

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 2, 2013

Awww, huge :hugs: for this day. Glad your fur baby can tell you've had a hard day and is snuggling with you to make you feel better!

4. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jan 2, 2013

Ugh, yeah...not a great day! Wishing you a better tomorrow.

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jan 3, 2013

Hopefully today will be a much, much better day!

6. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jan 3, 2013

Wow, for someone from Florida, that sounds like a horrifying day. Treat yourself to something extra special.

7. Joy

Joy Cohort

Jan 3, 2013

Oh wow! This had to be horrible! I couldn't help laughing though when it got to the poop part. How could this even happen? What in the world are these kids thinking? Not only did someone have to go on the floor, but someone else just had to step in it. Only in Kindergarten! I always feel bad for our Kindergarten teachers! I don't know how they do it. I see two sections of Kindergarten everyday. Each class is 20 minutes long for them. That's about all I can take!

8. brigidy

brigidy Comrade

Jan 3, 2013

I have to admit, it made me appreciate my day so much more! I hope you had a much better day today.

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jan 3, 2013

Sorry your day wasn't ideal. Have a great rest of the week!

10. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Jan 3, 2013

Today was definitely a better day! Our heat still doesn't work, but no "major" incidents to report! :) The bathroom was clean all day so no worries on that front! :lol: