What a Day!

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by karebear76, Sep 28, 2011.

1. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Sep 28, 2011

I'm finally home! Today was my main IEP meeting day. I had 7 meetings scheduled, and wonder of all wonders, had all 7 meetings! That almost never happens. So, I don't have to worry about trying to reschedule any.

My only worry now is, do I do dinner first or make my kids go to bed with me :D

I woke up at 3:30 a.m. after going to bed at 11:30 p.m. to work on some more IEPs. I didn't get my last mtg of the day typed, but it worked out ok anyway.

After being out of my room yesterday for a funeral, today for meetings, and tomorrow for alternate assessment training, I'm totally feeling like the hamster on a supersonic wheel!

I'm so glad that I'm done with these meetings until December. I've done 11 so far, and that leaves me with 4 for later: 1 Dec/2 Jan/1 Mar.

I don't think anyone except a sp ed teacher truly understands how labor intensive this process is. I've been getting to school at least 45 minutes early & staying at least 45 minutes late to work on these reports, then working all evening, and finally getting up super early...It definitely was a long 40 mile commute home today after I ended with a meeting that went from 2:45 until 4, and then had to get things ready for a sub tomorrow.

:yawn: <-- that's me :)

3. bethechange

bethechange Comrade

Sep 28, 2011

Holy wow!!! 7 meetings in one day? I would be so fried!

Congrats to you and kudos on the hard work that you put into them!

4. sunbeachgirl

sunbeachgirl Rookie

Sep 28, 2011

7 in one day?! If I did that I'd be at school for 14 hours or longer!

You deserve major kudos!

5. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Sep 29, 2011

I am unofficially expected to hold all of my meetings on one day if possible so that they only have to get 1 sub. Each sp ed teacher takes a day & does as many as they can. I started at 8:45 on my schedule with meetings every 30 minutes. It's just the way we do it. We have draft copies ready.

I ended up having one mom come early (she withdrew her son from the district that afternoon...go figure) so I had meetings back to back from 8:00 am until last one ended at 4 pm. Definitely a long day.

6. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Sep 30, 2011

Wow. I'm burned out after holding one today! I feel like a wimp!!!

7. Kristi

Kristi Rookie

Oct 12, 2011

That was so cute Karebear, especially the part about forgetting dinner and having the children crawl into bed with you. Only four more to go?! You're a real trooper!!! Hope you got some well deserved shut-eye.